GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (48-21-8, 104 Points, 2nd in Metro) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (38-29-10, 86 Points, 5th in Metro, 2nd Wildcard), 7 PM, MSGSN

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
SickAdventurousHarvestmouse-size_restricted.gif

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Like Emperoreddy, I think I'm going to spring for a Heritage Mercer. Gonna go for the Authentic. Not sure whether to go with hockeyauthentic or coolhockey. Coolhockey is $30 cheaper but I've never had a problem with hockeyauthentic.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Bahl had another strong game IMO. Not sure if we go back to him on the 3rd pair or what we do once Luke is here, but he has taken a step up.

If you want Siege-Severson and Graves-Marino to handle the top lines, that could free up Bahl-Dougie pair in more offensive situations. Still not sure what we do with Luke though, but hard to take out Bahl.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Like Emperoreddy, I think I'm going to spring for a Heritage Mercer. Gonna go for the Authentic. Not sure whether to go with hockeyauthentic or coolhockey. Coolhockey is $30 cheaper but I've never had a problem with hockeyauthentic.
I went with coolhockey. My sister got a jersey earlier this season from them and it's perfect. I got the Nico heritage jersey.

Reactions: Patrik26

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
win on Thursday and that all but locks up home ice in the first round.

Could depend on tomorrow’s result.

Magic number for home ice 6. They win the games they should it would clinch. Obviously if the Lightning win in regulation tomorrow that sets up a scenario where they can lock up home ice with a win and StL. Win over the Rangers.

However, if the Rangers win tomorrow it could go down to the last day as they have a soft schedule between tomorrows game and their finale vs the Leafs (and who knows who dresses for the Leafs). The Rangers can still get the tie breaker which is regulations win — currently we have the advantage with two more).

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I went with coolhockey. My sister got a jersey earlier this season from them and it's perfect. I got the Nico heritage jersey.

I've got 3 jerseys from them. 2 were beautiful. One they shipped in a bag instead of a box. Bag was open when I received it and the jersey had a black scuff mark. They admitted fault and their customer service was top notch. I washed it, and now it just looks like it got hit by a puck. They gave 75% off. And back to my credit card too. No store credit BS.

I ordered the Hughes Heritage from Coolhockey basically as a chance for them to redeem sending in a bag. If they screw up again I might think twice next time. But the customer service was good enough for me to give them another shot.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I bet we sit people in the regular season finale, which is against Washington. You know Vitek isn't gonna play and several others may not.

And I'm sure they'll give the decrepit #29 the Jackets, which is still a winnable game, but there were moments where he made the Hawks game look like it was within reach for them.

Reactions: My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I bet we sit people in the regular season finale, which is against Washington. You know Vitek isn't gonna play and several others may not.

And I'm sure they'll give the decrepit #29 the Jackets, which is still a winnable game, but there were moments where he made the Hawks game look like it was within reach for them.
Maybe, but isn't there a 5 day break before the playoffs start?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

Devils win; let’s bitch about Blackwood may as well be a meme at this point.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just not enough tough games (or games in general) to realistically be able to catch Carolina.

Home ice is ours though if we take care of business.

Rags have Tampa tomorrow then have to go to St Louis on Thursday
They gotta lose at least one of those if I had to guess.

You would think it would be Tampa, but maybe they'll beat them and it'll be a dud in St. Louis or Halak will kill them that night in St. Louis.

Tampa has started rolling again though and Vasilevskiy is hot again and has been getting shutouts.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012

Depends if there's anything to play for. If no, then I agree.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Devils win; let’s bitch about Blackwood may as well be a meme at this point.
As he SHOULD be bitched about.

He's a HUGE problem with this team, as we have an unserviceable goalie behind Vitek that can cost us games and Vitek isn't able to get enough rest because we have a shit head that can't stop a motherf***in beach ball for 75 games now.

Goalie is the most important position on the ice and we have ONE on this roster.

So yeah, he needs to be bitched about. He could EASILY cost us a game against Columbus. He made it really exciting for the Rockford Ice Hogs of the AHL the other night.

I can't believe he has any defenders left.

He's the worst player on this team. Even worse than Wood. And he certainly plays a much more important position.

Reactions: longislanddevil

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
They should use them more often, maybe even think of bringing them back full time. I love them
I'd love for them to use these full time and the red and green too.

I like Dougies hat, pretty sweet. Where the heck are all of them coming from? Every post game I see a different designs. Waaay too many hats to get.
I'm still hoping the Hat hats get reproduced although somewhere it said it wasn't happening

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
As he SHOULD be bitched about.

He's a HUGE problem with this team, as we have an unserviceable goalie behind Vitek that can cost us games and Vitek isn't able to get enough rest because we have a shit head that can't stop a motherf***in beach ball for 75 games now.

Goalie is the most important position on the ice and we have ONE on this roster.

So yeah, he needs to be bitched about. He could EASILY cost us a game against Columbus. He made it really exciting for the Rockford Ice Hogs of the AHL the other night.

I can't believe he has any defenders left.

He's the worst player on this team. Even worse than Wood. And he certainly plays a much more important position.
No it’s silly you posted multiple times in a game thread about Blackwood when he isn’t even playing.

This is like an intervention. Try to get some help for your obsession.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I like Dougies hat, pretty sweet. Where the heck are all of them coming from? Every post game I see a different designs. Waaay too many hats to get.

Could be a pretty cool way for the merch marketing people to get some quality data: see which designs get the best fan response on social media, etc. I don't know if they're that well coordinated though.

Reactions: JK3

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
They gotta lose at least one of those if I had to guess.

You would think it would be Tampa, but maybe they'll beat them and it'll be a dud in St. Louis or Halak will kill them that night in St. Louis.

Tampa has started rolling again though and Vasilevskiy is hot again and has been getting shutouts.

Ideally they lose tomorrow, have a deflating performance vs St. Louis and we end it vs Columbus.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No it’s silly you posted multiple times in a game thread about Blackwood when he isn’t even playing.

This is like an intervention. Try to get some help for your obsession.
We're talking about clinching HOME ICE here, Blackwood is a potential impediment to that, so yeah, he can be TALKED about right now.

I'm not saying don't play him, I'm just saying he could be an impediment to that. He's arguably the worst goalie in the NHL (it's probably Quick, but he's potentially about to retire and is ancient) and we can assume he's playing next game.

So yeah, he's relevant to the rest of the season.

I'm not an asshole, but I love that it pisses people off.

If you've watched him the last three years and he doesn't piss you off, I applaud your patience.

I also love the ''He's about to bounce back'' poster and how it pisses him off that I hurl insults and have an avatar bashing him. He knows who he is.

I deserve the benefit of the doubt on the goalies here. You can rip for calling Kevin Bahl Santini 2.0 but not on the goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad