GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (45-18-7) vs. Minnesota Wild (40-22-8), 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The cost of the team being good:

Typically a Tuesday in March with Minnesota in town and you'd be able to get lowers for like $20 a piece. Now the cheapest I've seen is $73.

• Wow
Reactions: glenwo2

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
4CB5B2A0-6740-4659-A103-71FECCF6BD90.gif

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Fleury having any chance of passing Marty for the all time wins record might even be way too spicy of a take for even DD.
Is an online intervention to gently send someone who may be suffering from multiple personality disorder after losing touch with reality to undergo intense electroshock therapy a thing?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
When did Lazar get hurt?
Sometime late in the Panthers game.

I didn't even know he had gotten hurt until Ruff mentioned it either in his pre game press conference before the Lightning game or possibly in the post game press conference of the Panthers game.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Well they’ve been on a tear for awhile.

View attachment 673222
View attachment 673223

Now Kirill the Thrill has only been out for these games:
View attachment 673229

Sure they lost in OT to the Coyotes but that team has been winning too, with the same record as the Rangers over their last 18 games. Go figure.

And if you look at the stats, the Wild have been doing by getting the best SV% and GA/60 in the NHL. No idea if that’s remotely sustainable but that’s what they’ve been winning with.

As a side note, I would also point that no bubble team deserves the second wild card spot in the West. Winnipeg, Calgary and Nashville are all doing awful lol.

This is ancient history to most of you on here but reminds me of the early days of the Devils when I was in college.

The Penguins, Rangers and Washington were all vying for the last playoff spot (believe the Caps ended up getting in) but all kept losing.

The Devils blew out the Penguins at home on a Saturday afternoon late in the year.

One of the Penguins said after the game, "It seems like nobody wants to make the playoffs."
I haven't watched the Wild much this season, so I don't know what to expect regarding how good they are.

But I would love to see the Devils continue to make the entire Western Conference their bitches. So let's do that.
Except that hasn't been the case. Devils have owned the Pacific but the Central has been a challenge.

This should be a good test.

Reactions: Guttersniped

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The cost of the team being good:

Typically a Tuesday in March with Minnesota in town and you'd be able to get lowers for like $20 a piece. Now the cheapest I've seen is $73.
Maybe, but the actual get in price is still around $30. These aren’t OMG sellout prices.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I haven't watched the Wild much this season, so I don't know what to expect regarding how good they are.

But I would love to see the Devils continue to make the entire Western Conference their bitches. So let's do that.
Wild‘s record is better than I thought they were. At one point it looked like they were going to miss the playoffs and looked like a very ordinary / mediocre team. I think them not going with Fleury as much as they were at first is the main reason. Their GA has been very stingy and they seem to be able to grind teams down. They play very tight defence and grind down low with their cycle game amd funnel everything to the net with traffic all around the net.
I don’t know why I don’t give us more credit as we are the 2nd / 3rd best team in the entire league with tons of firepower but it seems like every opponent on any given night can beat anyone and I just want the kids to win and take over 1st in the Metro .

Hope we test Schmid down the stretch and give him a decent workload. I might even be happy with a true committee for the playoffs instead of planning to play Vanecek 28 straight games.
We are only going need him for 16 games , all wins .

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad