GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (37-15-5) vs. Los Angeles Kings (32-19-7), 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I thought I may have had it a little over a week ago, but I didn't have much of the stomach problems, only at first.

The rest of the day felt like covid, only without the cold symptoms. Just drained, no energy, Hot and then cold. headache that didn't go away for a day, I kept parking myself on the bed or couch and falling asleep for an hour at an time.

I even didn't go to work for 2 days thinking it was covid, because that's how it felt when I had that over 2 years ago, only with a nasty cough and more severe chills for a couple nights.

By day 2 I was feeling much better, but still had the nasty hangover feeling and was tired all day. Like I didn't feel as low on energy as the day before, but had the tired, hangover feeling, probably from being drained from my body fighting off whatever the entire day before.
It’s the worst dude, you just feel like an absolute shell of a human with no motivation or energy to do anything.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kings with a remarkable 32 wins and plus 2 goal differential
Phoenix Copley's 17-4-1 is one of the weirdest goalie records for someone that's been so meh, second to only the STUPID Martin Jones record, who has been FAR worse.

I'm sure we'll get him and they'll throw Quick to NYb tomorrow night (if they even use him) and Quick this year has literally been the closest truth to ''Well if he were REALLY a BAD goalie, he would be playing bad EVERY game and NEVER have GOOD GAMES EVER!!!!!'' which is kind of Quick this year, who somehow does have a shutout earlier in the year.

Just about every game Quick plays these days turns into a blowout, sometimes even worse than the goalie down the road from him, who is on a MUCH WORSE TEAM.

Quick has had only one start above .900%, actually better than .880% since November 27th and it was 1 goal on 21 shots in a shootout loss to Arizona on December 23rd. He also stopped all 7 shots he faced in relief to Dallas on January 19th.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It’s the worst dude, you just feel like an absolute shell of a human with no motivation or energy to do anything.
I didn't even have the motivation to pop a can of soda open, which was kind of the same thing when I had covid 2 years ago.

I'd take a drink out of the fridge and it would still be sitting there for 20-30 minutes, sweating all over the table and getting warm, because I didn't feel like opening it. I didn't feel like getting up out of a bed. Just standing up seemed to take a lot.

But that was only for 24 hours and I barely had any stomach issues, outside of getting up in the middle of the night at 3:00 AM after two hours of sleep. That was the first symptom of anything. I went back to sleep and got up and started feeling shitty all over.

With the covid it seemed to stay 6-7 days and about 5 days of pretty noticeable symptoms, but this was like a 24 hour thing.

And then another 16 hours of having a hungover feeling from my body spending the entire day before fighting off whatever it was.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Smith the extra?!

Considering he was just on the top pair

AB7484DF-E092-484E-ABB7-49C020C5FC50.jpeg

Uhhhh… Zetterlund might get benched for Bastian.

Why ask why at this point.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I've kinda given up on trying to understand the line shuffling but its kinda funny how Palat-Haula-Zetterlund had 92.86 CF% so obviously thats the line that gets changed up.

I'm all for Boqvist getting a bigger role but not at the expense of Zetterlund.
Who else should Boqvist play above, though? Sharangovich is probably the only player on lines 1-3 that you can argue should have a reduced role compared to what he has right now, but he's also never going to be effective at even strength if it's not riding on the coattails of two much better players and it looks like the coaches finally realized that. So you can either play Boqvist above Zetterlund or leave him on the 4th line. Personally, I would rather see a Boqvist-McLeod-Bastian line, but if they didn't scratch Wood 2 games ago they're not going to scratch him after he just had a solid game by has standards.

Half the time they make changes they just swap them back by the 2nd period anyway so as long as they don't scratch anyone undeserving I can't worry too much about the lines.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Who else should Boqvist play above, though? Sharangovich is probably the only player on lines 1-3 that you can argue should have a reduced role compared to what he has right now, but he's also never going to be effective at even strength if it's not riding on the coattails of two much better players and it looks like the coaches finally realized that. So you can either play Boqvist above Zetterlund or leave him on the 4th line. Personally, I would rather see a Boqvist-McLeod-Bastian line, but if they didn't scratch Wood 2 games ago they're not going to scratch him after he just had a solid game by has standards.

Half the time they make changes they just swap them back by the 2nd period anyway so as long as they don't scratch anyone undeserving I can't worry too much about the lines.
Pretty much what you said. I wouldve left the lines the same considering both of our bottom 6 lines had good games and Boqvist has made Wood and McLeod better the last few games.

Sharangovich is the obvious questionmark, but that also might be due to Jack being dogshit compared to his usual self.

If theres one spot I'd want to upgrade next week, it would be that Sharangovich spot since I like our current bottom 6 recently.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Sharangovich is the obvious questionmark, but that also might be due to Jack being dogshit compared to his usual self.

If theres one spot I'd want to upgrade next week, it would be that Sharangovich spot since I like our current bottom 6 recently.
I like him, but he's just not terribly good (or at least not consistently so) at even strength and they won't play him on the power play. Obviously the Meier trade is the obvious upgrade there, but I wonder if there's another trade to be made to upgrade Sharangovich out there that isn't so obvious.

Reactions: FinnishDevil

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Phoenix Copley's 17-4-1 is one of the weirdest goalie records for someone that's been so meh, second to only the STUPID Martin Jones record, who has been FAR worse.

I'm sure we'll get him and they'll throw Quick to NYb tomorrow night (if they even use him) and Quick this year has literally been the closest truth to ''Well if he were REALLY a BAD goalie, he would be playing bad EVERY game and NEVER have GOOD GAMES EVER!!!!!'' which is kind of Quick this year, who somehow does have a shutout earlier in the year.

Just about every game Quick plays these days turns into a blowout, sometimes even worse than the goalie down the road from him, who is on a MUCH WORSE TEAM.

Quick has had only one start above .900%, actually better than .880% since November 27th and it was 1 goal on 21 shots in a shootout loss to Arizona on December 23rd. He also stopped all 7 shots he faced in relief to Dallas on January 19th.
According to www.dailyfaceoff.com Copley and VV are the likely goalies. Neither have been confirmed as of yet.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think myself and probably a lot of us gave Smith too much shit earlier in the year. He wasn't THAT bad, but still had a penchant for a lot of bad penalties.

I feel like he's been a dumpster fire since about the all star break or maybe even right before it.

I think we complained about him more than he probably deserved early on, but he's been horrific lately, at least in my mind. It's been pretty warranted as of late.

It's shocking that he's been a healthy scratch more than Miles Wood, who has been a healthy scratch exactly 0 times this year.

This would be at least the second healthy scratch this year for Smith, maybe even the third? If he has previously been a healthy scratch twice this year, the first two happened around the same time.

Reactions: Nubmer6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad