GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (15-22-5) @ The Should Be Hartford Whalers (29-9-2), 7 PM, MSG+

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Second time in a row we played a great road game and against an elite opponent but were sunk by weak goals against and our inability to finish
Hughes and Bratt had fine games, but when they don't score, team doesn't do jack shit. That's a problem. Nico can feed the puck to Zacha all he wants, but his wings aren't doing shit either.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Recchi checking out yelp for where to get BBQ after the game
I wish he would check out real estate in a new f***ing city. Wherever he's gonna be living next year that's not in New Jersey.

The Flyers can have him if they want, but some place not in NORTH Jersey.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
First goal wasn't great, but he made more than enough saves to keep us in it. This one is on the offense.
The two goals were bad. We aren,t winning games scoring one goal, but playing 1 game where our goalies don't give up multiple horrible goals would be greatly appreciated.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does anybody know if Ray Manzarek plays the organ solo in Brass Bonanza?

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Game could of been alot worse. Even when Hughes and Bratt are held off the scoresheet they still are super noticeable on offense. That's how you know these guys are progressing this season. Oh well still no healthy NHL caliber goalie , Hamilton and Wood in the lineup. So over us losing all the time but not getting as down latley after we lose a game...

DevilDog

The Original Dog
Mar 2, 2007
Dirty Jerz
How many games does one expect to win when scoring 1 goal? Effort, opportunities, etc. All nice to see, but some actual goals would be far nicer.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Absolutely the main focus of this one was that we need to be able to finish the opportunities we had, and we had some major ones. Bratt, Boqvist and Bastian all had major opportunities that were stopped. Any one of those going in would have changed the course of the game potentially.

Gillies started off the game poorly, I thought both goals were stinkers. But credit where credit is due, he settled down and kept the team in it during the 3rd where we couldn't generate a thing.

This is a tough stretch for a team like ours where we struggle to put victories together in the first place. Two straight one goal losses on the road to two of the best teams in the conference is not an easy pill to swallow.

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
i thought they competed pretty well. just couldn't find that equalizer. gillies wasn't awful tonight

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
They just need to get Nico someone to play with. Nate is a nice player when he’s on the 4th and contributing on the PP. Not a top 6 player. Zacha is as useless as they come. This team won’t score much when Jack is off and Dougie is out.

Still, pretty well played game against an elite team.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Highlight of the night for me. "It's a work of art, really."

WorkOfArtReally.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad