GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (10-9-5) vs. Nashville Predators (15-10-1), 7:30 PM, ESPN+/Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
There is just no excuse anymore from the coaches/management. I can name a list of horrible decisions. We had the hottest line we seen on our team in years in
Johnsson-Mercer-Bratt. What do we do? Break them up as soon as Hughes is back. Also throwing Hughes as a winger in his game back was a horrible decision. As someone mentioned earlier the biggest problem from management is they are too focused on name/draft status rather then your play. For example Hughes & Nico we must have at top 6 centers because they were both #1. Even when it comes to contracts. We hand them out for what play we can possibly get if they hit their ceiling vs paying them for what they produced on the ice. We need to stop forcing players into roles because of their contract/draft status. Mercer should of never been displaced out of the top 6. Only reason he was because he was drafted at 18 instead of 1. Which is just ridiculous.

Reactions: Edmonton East

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
So now a coach from Sweden who has not coached a single game at the NHL level ever is going to come in and be a savior for a struggling team that is the youngest in the NHL…

surethingJan.gif

Watching this power play and guys literally just holding onto the puck for eons as they PKers start surrounding them…it’s hard to envision that as something the coaching staff actually tells them to do. Who’s to say these guys just aren’t executing what they’re being coached on?
No we should just keep hiring guys who haven't won anything here because they've won regular season games.

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Yeah, coaches are ruining these players and going to drive them out.

Special teams again are just killing us.

Seriously, can someone tell me why our 2nd PP unit starts and we don’t have our best players on? Also, can anyone tell my why Graves had 15 mins of ice time? I only watched a little of the game tonight.

Your best players need to be on the ice to be successful. OVI had a 4 min shift tonight….not saying we need that but let’s be real if OVI was on our team…would you be upset if he did that? No cause he’s the best player in the team.

Unless this team wins 5 or 6 in a row now…season is over. Tell LINDY going 5-2-3 every 10 Is not going to get us in the playoffs.
Honestly we don’t have any really good players. Sad but true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad