GDT: POL vs. LAT May 11, 2024

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
Also for all the talk pre-tournament about how much of a defensive liability Wronka is, he's actually put in a decent shift so far in that regard... though still plenty of time for that to change of course.

Reactions: Summer Rose

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Poland outshooting Latvia in the 2nd..

Also for all the talk pre-tournament about how much of a defensive liability Wronka is, he's actually put in a decent shift so far in that regard... though still plenty of time for that to change of course.
I mean the whole Polish team plays like 2 levels above their usual.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Well, this was better I guess, but still pretty bad. We can talk about bad luck, but we are putting ourselves in a bad, bad spot.

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
Better showing in the offensive zone in the second period at least, the play is faster, but defense is still so bad, it actually scores goals for their opponents.

And man, they cannot make or a receive a pass for their life.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Great game by Poland so far.
You knew the heart and courage would be there. What I, personally did not expect, is for Poland to look like they could perform and make slick plays at that level. Count me surprised after two periods.

Sports and Athletics in Poland are on the uptick, and a good performance here at the IIHF Worlds could, dare I say, help increase the popularity of hockey in that country, and add funds to modernize the infrastructure and coaching.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Bryk with #69 I think for the first time in his career at a time like this, a true man of culture.
2eqgo1.gif

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I mean Zile is decent at it, he was Litvinov's PP QB when Jaks was suspended. Freibergs ran PPs in Czechia for years. Even Cibulskis did some of it. So I can't fathom going to Cukste.
Yup.

We sorely miss Balinskis and Rubins. Can't wait for all the prospects to grow up. These wooden handed Ds are useless. So annoying.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
No need to be condescending, nobody who knows anything about WCs or Poland expected them to get destroyed by Latvia.
Well said. The condescending comment, I hope, is due to the emotions from the game. Anyhow, I expect an exciting and physical third period. I could see this go any way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad