GDT: YOUR NEW JERSEEEYYYYY DEVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS @ New York Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Sure, sit the one giveaway goal guy but let Zids keep going and giving up odd man rush after odd man rush and weak body play in the crease.

Makes sense.

Greene and Larsson should be filling in for Zids PP time now and Tallinder and Fayne both dressing.

It's starting to look like Foster all over again, just not as bad.

Oroku Saki*

Volch and Sal allow other defensmen to play more 5on5 offensive minutes because they play so much on the PK. Zidlicky is needed for the PP right now. It makes some sense.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Tallinder in for Fayne? Do not like.:shakehead

It should be ZIdlicky, he's been by far the worst.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Hate to see Fayne come out, but with the depth we have on D, guess there isn't much room for messing up

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
q0JgtF2.gif

AG2dBfy.jpg

6Ig4Jvi.jpg

E8mBUrP.gif

ySIJ2Ck.jpg

tVh3tul.gif

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
This team showed a lot of resilience last game, going down 3-1 early and battling back was a pretty big accomplishment. Lets see if the Poni/Zajac/Kovy line can keep it going after they had a sensational game last night. Also looking forward to seeing how Tallinder plays after sitting for so long. Moose always gives us a chance to win as well.

10-2-3? Lets ****ing go for it! Love this team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
ya but faynes the young kid on the block not named larsson so he will sit for a few

Plus they don't want Larsson to play the PP this year, Pete said he put too much on his plate last year and probably will let him play at just even strength this year before giving him more ST minutes later in the season or next year.

So you can't really bench Zidlicky unless you're putting Harrold in since he's the only other PP QB besides Greene. Volch should be the one to sit since the PK's gone to **** again but he's not.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
Zidlicky isn't even providing much offense. He's being outproduced by Greene on the PP and only has 2 even strength points despite starting in the offensive zone 57% of the time.

Edit: It's actually 1 point at even strength, which is the same as Volchenkov and Salvador. Everyone else including Tallinder has more.

Last edited:

mcbain942*

ok i am the devils defense critic. in my opinion as long as you stay with assignments stop a pass, take a stick, or a body(and not two people taking one person) try not to screen your goaltender, dont take any penalties, (except when needed), your first paass out of the defense zone make with your head up, you will not see a post from me.

I dont have much to say on the offense side, i just wish we could establish a good 4th line(we are going to need it like last year) , stay onsides a little better, dont make that extra pass unless you are at least 51% sure it is and easy goal. Work the boards, forecheck when needed, backcheck if you can, save your energy as our 4th line is not established. Dont show them the same game all the time, yesterday wide open offense we looked pretty good, we dont always have to play the wait for mistake game. Give them different looks sometimes and switch it up so a coach doesnt learn how to play you(side not what are we going to do when Zubrus is back, who going to the 4th?)

is hedberg getting the start today?

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Yeah he's not the best defensive defence-man out there but Zids' here because of his offensive upside, which is fine. Seriously guys you're basically asking him to play like an all-around elite player. And only a handful of defence-man around the league can do that.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I think it might just be to give Fayne a breather. Since the death in his family, his 2 games have been a little rough. It can't hurt with the depth we have.

KILL THE FISHSTICKS! LET'S GO DEVILS!

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I don't know if there are 15/20 D in the league who have the creativity of Zids offensively. I am by no means saying that he is a bonafide first pairing guy but as a #3/4 on our team which is full of good two way guys, we need his offensive upside.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Whether we like I or not, Sal and zid are unscratchable. Greene probably never will be scratched either, and Larsson is playing lights out so they're not taking him.

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
Damn why Fayne? I've been liking his play. The only really bad play I noticed was the turnover leading to the Read goal. But the play which lead to the Zajac goal was a superb example of how to play defense. And Zids has been consistently worse. I honestly think Zids had a pretty good game last night though. But whatever. At least Tallinder doesn't suck.

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
Zidlicky isn't even providing much offense. He's being outproduced by Greene on the PP and only has 2 even strength points despite starting in the offensive zone 57% of the time.

Edit: It's actually 1 point at even strength, which is the same as Volchenkov and Salvador. Everyone else including Tallinder has more.

Yeah and it seems likes Zids is taking all the shots on the PP. In the first game of the home-and-home against Pitt last week I think he had like 6 SOGs, but none of them went in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad