Post-Game Talk: YOUR Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 2015-10-24 at Smashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Not that it matters whatsoever, but anyone find it odd we gave all 3 stars to Pens??

A 2-1 overtime game, one in which we dominated most of it, and they get all 3 stars??

I always hate it when the home team plays homer with the star selections but tonight we did just the opposite.

Again, I know it's completely meaningless but I just found it strange

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If you're an above-average team in this league, you'll probably lose 5 to 8 or so of these games throughout a season where you have no business doing so. It's just tough to have done it twice in 8 games, and they're our only losses. However I'll admit that last night's loss was more brutal to accept than the Islanders one.

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
I guess the new ticket restriction policy is just for hawks,blues,and wings games. Everywhere I looked during my walks through the lobby were the multitude of pens jerseys which included the 4 or 5 winter classics. Adding to the throng attending, I had the fortune of having one of their fans behind me who always say a penalty being involved anytime the Preds did something positive.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I guess the new ticket restriction policy is just for hawks,blues,and wings games. Everywhere I looked during my walks through the lobby were the multitude of pens jerseys which included the 4 or 5 winter classics. Adding to the throng attending, I had the fortune of having one of their fans behind me who always say a penalty being involved anytime the Preds did something positive.
I'm an outspoken critic of the new ticket restrictions, but the high probability is that those restrictions are in place because the team has received numerous complaints about fan behavior over the years concerning those three fan bases (I personally see nothing wrong with Detroit fans, but whatever). Penguins fans don't have any history of causing trouble here so there won't be any restrictions against them, Rangers fans, Toronto, or any other team with a large following. The team may brand these restrictions as something like "keep the red out", but fan behavior has a lot to do with it, not just sheer number of visitors.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
That 5 minute major was garbage. It was a clean hit shoulder to shoulder. At most, it should have been a 2 minute penalty. And the player wasn't hurt that bad since came back to play the rest of the game. :shakehead

Fluery was good, our PP was as bad as our PK was good. Lots whiffs. The puck was bouncing around like crazy all night which didn't help. Smith played badly in the O zone but I thought he made some good defensive plays. Regarding FOs, Guastad just needs to hold an all day clinic until guys get it together. Or find Yanic Perrault and get him to do a clinic.

:rant: I am so over the people wearing hawks jerseys to our games just to prove a point. They accuse us of being childish for wanting to preserve our home ice. But they are being just as childish wearing them to every game. If you love the hawks that much, stay at home and watch your precious hawks play on TV. :rant:

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
I made the trip over from Knoxville with a few friends. I was shocked at the amount of Pens fans. On their first goal, it sounded like we scored.

Tough game to watch - just seemed like 50 minutes of the puck pinballing around. Lots of shot, but few solid scoring changes.

I don't think I like the 3on3 OT. It just seems way too gimmicky and not hockey.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I made the trip over from Knoxville with a few friends. I was shocked at the amount of Pens fans. On their first goal, it sounded like we scored.

Tough game to watch - just seemed like 50 minutes of the puck pinballing around. Lots of shot, but few solid scoring changes.

I don't think I like the 3on3 OT. It just seems way too gimmicky and not hockey.
It'll be a lot better when we win, don't worry.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

I realize that 3-3 OT and shootouts seem gimmicky, but if the alternative is a tie, give me gimmicky all day long. There was nothing worse than having a night out with friends or family at a Whalers game years ago and coming home after a tie. What a waste.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Dammit, why is our next game not until Wed? :(

And I love 3 on 3 OT; we could lose every game that went to OT and I'd still like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad