Post-Game Talk: YOUR Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 2015-10-24 at Smashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Blatant miss by the refs... happens sometimes I know but that absolutely decided the outcome... that's the kind of crap that should be reviewable, not just offisdes

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
In good news we still got a point and took the division lead over dallas tonight

They can't all go your way. Bad missed call and we didn't convert on any of our earlier chances.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The fact that we had like 20 scoring chances and weren't able to capitalize. We have ourselves to blame on this loss. Nobody else.

See I find this to be silly. Sometimes you face a hot goalie and that let's the other team stay in the game. We could have lost in regulation too. And we might have still lost had the penalty been called, but none of that changes the fact that the missed call absolutely decided the outcome of the game

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
See I find this to be silly. Sometimes you face a hot goalie and that let's the other team stay in the game. We could have lost in regulation too. And we might have still lost had the penalty been called, but none of that changes the fact that the missed call absolutely decided the outcome of the game

Won't be the last one that goes against us either, and I'm sure we'll have more than a few go in our favor. Ideally, we'll be good enough that it just won't matter most nights.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
One might blame the 3rd line as well. Check he TOI Gaustad line had more TOI than the 3rd. Also you can't play top 6 17 to 19 minutes and expect to have the legs for 3 on 3 OT. Its a loss one of 30 to 40 they will have this year. There were more than enough chances thru the game to get that second goal.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I do applaud PL for playing the line matching game so perfectly, but... Well, I think the focus was too heavy on shutting down Crosby/Malkin and too little on having faith in the Preds' top 6.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
I do applaud PL for playing the line matching game so perfectly, but... Well, I think the focus was too heavy on shutting down Crosby/Malkin and too little on having faith in the Preds' top 6.

I agree to a point but I also think we see the importance of having a true #1C.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I agree to a point but I also think we see the importance of having a true #1C.

Fair point. But here's the rub - btwn Fisher, Ribeiro and Hodgson, there are too many "middle 6" centers on the team.

Me, I'd dump one of Ribeiro or Hodgson, slot Fisher down to 2C and get a true 1C. Going forward (beyond this season), I'd plug Fisher into 3C, Hodgson into 2C where his offensive talents will actually shine, and still - this team NEEDS a genuine 1C!!!!

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Fair point. But here's the rub - btwn Fisher, Ribeiro and Hodgson, there are too many "middle 6" centers on the team.

Me, I'd dump one of Ribeiro or Hodgson, slot Fisher down to 2C and get a true 1C. Going forward (beyond this season), I'd plug Fisher into 3C, Hodgson into 2C where his offensive talents will actually shine, and still - this team NEEDS a genuine 1C!!!!

This has been the thorn in the side of the Predators. If Nashville had a true #1C we would be really scary.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Won't be the last one that goes against us either, and I'm sure we'll have more than a few go in our favor. Ideally, we'll be good enough that it just won't matter most nights.

and again, thats my point... bad/missed call goes against you earlier in the game that results in a goal against... well, sucks, but you at least have a chance to overcome it... bad/missed call leads to goal in OT... thats a wrap, even if its crap

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Ribero shouldn't take faceoffs at all. Didn't win a single faceoff in the game. Smith and Wilson should take all the faceoffs on that line and on the PP.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Forsberg needs to stop trying to be so cute in 3-on-3 OT. I've noticed him do this in every OT this season and, I think, at least once in the preseason. He tries to beat a player 1-on-1, it's failed every time and it's given the other team possession, which is so important with the open ice. Tonight, it led within a few seconds to Kessel's winner. Yes, he was tripped, but it wouldn't have gotten to that if he hadn't turned the puck over at the blue line by trying to beat the Pens player.

3-on-3 is not for being cute and trying to beat players 1-on-1. It's for using the open ice to pass the puck around, stretch out defenders and keep possession. I love the kid and his high-risk plays during regulation and even on the powerplay, but he needs to learn to keep it simpler in OT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad