Pre-Game Talk: YOUR Nashville Predators v. Columbus Blue Jackets 7pm Bridgestone Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Preds - 3
BJs - 2

We get a PP goal from Ellis. Erat and Hornqvist get the others.
McGrattan and Boll drop the gloves.
Good crowd.
Let's do this.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
CBJ Line-up update:

Forwards:
Umberger - Brassard - Atkinson (Atkinson didn't skate yesterday but is expected to play)
Dubinski - Anisimov - Dorsett
Prospal - Johansen - Foligno
3 of: Boll, Letestu, MacKenzie, Gilles, Calvert

Johnson - Wisniewski
Tyutin - Nikitin
Aucoin - Moore
(Savard)

Thought is Bobrovski more likely than Mason. Richards is planning on telling the goalie on Friday who is going to start.

Best up to date source for CBJ news:
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/index.html

The goal this season is for the Blue Jackets to be one of the harder clubs in the NHL to play against. They want to be a high-energy, hard-forechecking club that can wear you down but (sic) rolling four lines.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Its the Blue vs the Gray-

civil-war-soldiers2.jpg

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
If anyone remembers the "Poile Troll" segment I put in some GDT's last year, I am happy to announce that it will be coming back, starting Saturday! This year it will be called..."The Predatrolls"!

tserberis*

I'll say 4-2 NSH with an empty netter; the Jackets do not play well at the Bridge. I agree with BFC's appraisal of the Jackets. CBJ's forwards are mediocre, but Wis / Johnson / Tyutin / Nikita are a fairly strong blueline core. Mason lost 10-15lbs and is supposedly looking sharper, but has anyone been paying attention to Bobrovsky? He went 18-3-2 with a 1.94 goals-against average and .932 save percentage in the KHL. Yes, lol@the KHL but those are some scary numbers.

90% of my focus in this game will be on the young guys: Smith, Wilson, Mueller (if he's in the line-up), and Josi / Ellis most of all. I'm guessing Trotz will carry 7 D with Blum tagging along, but not sure.

Our schedule is going to be a damn nightmare this year. The Central is only slightly less absurd than it was last year. I see a battle between CHI and STL for the division lead. CHI might pull it off if they turn around their special teams; think they were like 26th on both PP and PK last year. PK is one thing, but there is no way they stay 20+ with their absurd PP resources.

If you LOL at the KHL look at Rinne's numbers...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
BTW, GDT is ready, posted and hidden =)

I think you will all enjoy the look and of course any and all suggestions welcome.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
Which lot or garage do y'all recommend for parking?

And be nice to me please, I'm originally from just outside of Oak Ridge Tn. :)

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
The further away you want to park, the less you will pay. I normally park off 8th avenue by the Cokesbury store. $5 and not too bad of a walk to the back door.

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
Preds fans are way overlooking CBJ. They honestly scare me, this year, they are moving up. Next year they are a playoff team lock. I just wonder if they will move to the east.
I expect a low scoring game. Preds 2-1

Umm their best player just went to the New York Rangers over the offseason.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Umm their best player just went to the New York Rangers over the offseason.

Statistically, they GAINED goals with the additions of Foligno, Dubinsky, and Anisimov, While ALSO improving the defense. Howson made Predator moves to improve the Jackets. After the JJ trade the CBJ were a .500 team 11-11 With the trades above they project to 214-214 GF GA. Without rookie goal adjustments for Atkinson and Johansson.

They could be in a BIG position this year if they want to dive in and win in a half season. (3 1sts as well.)

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Statistically, they GAINED goals with the additions of Foligno, Dubinsky, and Anisimov, While ALSO improving the defense. Howson made Predator moves to improve the Jackets. After the JJ trade the CBJ were a .500 team 11-11 With the trades above they project to 214-214 GF GA. Without rookie goal adjustments for Atkinson and Johansson.

They could be in a BIG position this year if they want to dive in and win in a half season. (3 1sts as well.)

If Ryan Murray and Ryan Johansen take big steps forward, they can be competitive this year. Don't see them in the playoffs, but they won't be as miserable as last year.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If Ryan Murray and Ryan Johansen take big steps forward, they can be competitive this year. Don't see them in the playoffs, but they won't be as miserable as last year.

Um. You may have a problem here.

(also, suggesting our blueline would be dependent on Murray as Lord And Savior to be effective is, well, a statement that reflects poorly on one's understanding of the CBJ's present state. ;) )

I have a simple two-question test for anyone who wants to make proclamations about how the CBJ will do. They are as follows:
1) Who is Cam Atkinson? (Test of basic roster knowledge.)
2) What position does John Davidson hold with the Blue Jackets? (Test of basic fact-checking and research.)

You'd be surprised how many people screw these up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad