Pre-Game Talk: YOUR Nashville Predators v. Columbus Blue Jackets 7pm Bridgestone Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Preds fans are way overlooking CBJ. They honestly scare me, this year, they are moving up. Next year they are a playoff team lock. I just wonder if they will move to the east.

I expect a low scoring game. Preds 2-1

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I'll say 4-2 NSH with an empty netter; the Jackets do not play well at the Bridge. I agree with BFC's appraisal of the Jackets. CBJ's forwards are mediocre, but Wis / Johnson / Tyutin / Nikita are a fairly strong blueline core. Mason lost 10-15lbs and is supposedly looking sharper, but has anyone been paying attention to Bobrovsky? He went 18-3-2 with a 1.94 goals-against average and .932 save percentage in the KHL. Yes, lol@the KHL but those are some scary numbers.

90% of my focus in this game will be on the young guys: Smith, Wilson, Mueller (if he's in the line-up), and Josi / Ellis most of all. I'm guessing Trotz will carry 7 D with Blum tagging along, but not sure.

Our schedule is going to be a damn nightmare this year. The Central is only slightly less absurd than it was last year. I see a battle between CHI and STL for the division lead. CHI might pull it off if they turn around their special teams; think they were like 26th on both PP and PK last year. PK is one thing, but there is no way they stay 20+ with their absurd PP resources.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
It'll be a physical game, usually is.
Both teams shaking off rust / adjusting to line-mates etc.

3-1 Preds.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I think Chicago is kind of a joke this year... mediocre goal tending, shallow blueline depth, an aging hossa + Kane and Toews....

I'll give you the tending issue, but Kane and Toews are 24; if anything they're still getting better and Sharp is also nasty. My concern with Hossa isn't the age factor as much as his concussion from Torres. They have the deepest and best blue line in the Central with 8 NHLers effectively (if Montador comes back). Keith / Seabrook are one of the best top pairings in the NHL.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
5-2 NSH

Cbus is gonna be a lot more competitive. I don't think they're going to be a threat this season but they will be like Us a few years back

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Very well done video to get you pumped up.

I say Hustlechuk scores the first goal of the season. Takes a feed from Spaling off the boards, walks into the right circle and fires it high glove. :nod:

Last edited:

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
MVDyW.png

Just a sneak preview of what I'm working on..

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Hello Preds fans. Just a CBJ fan with some potential info.

Expected lines (note: some of these are still in flux)

Umberger - Brassard - Atkinson (played together at the end of last season, worked well together, Atkinson IIRC was the 3rd leading scorer in the AHL so far this season)
Dubinski - Anisimov - Dorsett
Prospal - ? (Letestu and Johansen have both been here) - Foligno
? - ? - ? (expect this to contain MacKenzie and Boll, but don't know the 3rd player - too many options still)

Johnson - Wisniewski
Tyutin - Nikitin
Aucoin - Moore or Erixon (both have seen time with Aucoin, Moore 1 day, Erixon 2 days)

No idea about the goalie.

So, basically the plan is to play a top 9 (or three second lines if you want to look at it that way) and a bottom 3. I see a bunch of guys of which most are capable of 15 +/- 5 goals over an 82 game season. There has also been a lot of talk from the room about how they can't depend on Nash to carry the load anymore. That each guy is responsible for helping the team and in my opinion that will make all the difference in the world. They should finally play as a cohesive unit (not unlike the first couple of seasons). It should make for fun hockey even if it may not be "good" hockey.

The top 2 defensive pairings worked VERY well together last season. Many look at the Johnson/Wisniewski pairing and cringe, but actually it worked pretty well. My pet theory is that they both completely understand what the other guy is going to do because it is the exact same thing they would do in the same situation. People forget the injuries to the CBJ blue line last year. Moore (a rookie) had the most games with 67. Wisniewski, Tyutin, and Nikitin all missed time.

There has been no word from the team about the goaltenders other than "we will play the hot hand". Both have potential. Both are in contract years. Mason is not being handed the job, unlike in previous seasons (he also has supposedly dropped 15 lbs and actually worked out this past summer). We have no idea how this is going to play out.

May this be the year that the CBJ and Preds bash the crap out of Detroit, St. Louis, and Chicago. Who's with me? ;)

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I think at the end of the year Columbus will be challenging Detroit for 4th in the division, but alas, this is not the end of the year. We are integrating 1 (Hannan), maybe 2 (Clune) pieces from a team that was 2nd best in the West last year. Granted, losing Suter will hurt a bit, but you have to think the progression young guys make, make up for that. I think Columbus will be solid in net between Bobrovsky and a Mason, who knows he is on what could be his final chance and came to camp looking like it from all accounts. The D, while may not be flashy will be solid and skilled. The forwards look alot like us now. No star, but very capable players and they have 2 #2 lines and a bunch of grinders. sound familiar?

I will not predict a score, but I believe 2 points should be the result of the game.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
The first game for the BJ's in the Nash-less era. It'll be interesting to track them this season.

Webersmashpuck

Mar 17, 2009
Spring Hill
I think at the end of the year Columbus will be challenging Detroit for 4th in the division, but alas, this is not the end of the year. We are integrating 1 (Hannan), maybe 2 (Clune) pieces from a team that was 2nd best in the West last year. Granted, losing Suter will hurt a bit, but you have to think the progression young guys make, make up for that. I think Columbus will be solid in net between Bobrovsky and a Mason, who knows he is on what could be his final chance and came to camp looking like it from all accounts. The D, while may not be flashy will be solid and skilled. The forwards look alot like us now. No star, but very capable players and they have 2 #2 lines and a bunch of grinders. sound familiar?

I will not predict a score, but I believe 2 points should be the result of the game.

This is exactly my feeling, Columbus will be much better the 2nd time we play them and hopefully we can use our chemistry to get out to a quick start to the season.

BlueJacket2

Feb 26, 2012
Jackets fan here. I am so excited for this game and I wish I could be in attendance. A few people from Ohio State are taking a caravan down but I am to poor of a student to join them. Here is to a great season and a feisty start to the season which could be our last in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad