Your Most Anticipated Flame This Season

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
The saddest times of the season for me were when Sven was traded ( I was going to get his jersey once he made it full time) and when I learned that our first was going to Boston for Dougie. I thought "No way we get Kylington now" and was briefly sad, then realized how good Dougie was.

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
The saddest times of the season for me were when Sven was traded ( I was going to get his jersey once he made it full time) and when I learned that our first was going to Boston for Dougie. I thought "No way we get Kylington now" and was briefly sad, then realized how good Dougie was.

Plus we got Kylington anyway:nod:

For me I can't wait to see Bennett in some regular season action

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Bennett's so quick, with the season we had last year and Monahan and Gaudreau, it's crazy how we somewhat forget about Sam. If he was on any other team right now the hype for him would be through the roof, especially considering he's rated the 3rd best prospect behind McEichel.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Bennett's so quick, with the season we had last year and Monahan and Gaudreau, it's crazy how we somewhat forget about Sam. If he was on any other team right now the hype for him would be through the roof, especially considering he's rated the 3rd best prospect behind McEichel.

I think him missing almost a whole year with injury played into that as we didn't have much to talk about regarding him for quite awhile. Then we made the playoffs so the focus shifted away from him again when he finally made it into NHL games. :laugh:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I think him missing almost a whole year with injury played into that as we didn't have much to talk about regarding him for quite awhile. Then we made the playoffs so the focus shifted away from him again when he finally made it into NHL games. :laugh:

Yah that definitely is a big factor, he was gone all year, and when he got back the big story was us making the playoffs, and not his return, which imo, works for him. We've all seen what hype trains can do to players..

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
Yah that definitely is a big factor, he was gone all year, and when he got back the big story was us making the playoffs, and not his return, which imo, works for him. We've all seen what hype trains can do to players..

yeah that jimmy hockey kid definitely didn't live upto expectations
obvious sven baertschi reference

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I said this before, but getting injured is going to be a blessing for Bennett. He might have made the team out of camp because he was easily better than Raymond and Seto last year but he was not physically ready. It's rare that players get 4-5 months to focus solely on training and getting stronger. If anyone needed that, it was Sam. I think he's going to be a beast of a player and may perhaps be better than anyone on our roster. Right now though, my money is on Johnny to be our most prolific scorer with this new core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad