Your Most Anticipated Flame This Season

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Well, with the preseason about to officially start, this may be a little late. But who have you been looking forward to watching the most? Could be new addition, prospect or a regular who you think will progress.

I'll start with my 3:

1) Dougie Hamilton- Easy one here. I've literally day dreamed of having this guy don a Flames jersey since he's been drafted, and from everything I've read and seen, he's going to be a damn good player for us. Can't wait!

2) Michael Ferland- Really want to see how he'll progress after another offseason of hard work, and see how he'll handle the pressure/eyes he brought onto himself in that Canucks series.

3) Sean Monahan- Just love this guy, will he replicate last year? Do better? Worst? He said he's really worked on getting faster and stronger, and creating the plays rather than just finishing them, can't wait to see his next jump in progression.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Johnny Gaudreau and Sam Bennett. I think they're going to be our two most electrifying players.

All through the playoffs, I was so impressed with the confidence of both of these guys, and all I could think of was "I can't wait until the regular season when these guys can play against some weaker teams."

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Did the math, totally possible if you include two preseason wins.

He will play all games for the Flames leading up to the trade deadline, winning every one. Then be traded to a team with 2 fewer games played than the Flames, where he will also start and win every game. Leaving him with 84 wins on the season.

Ortio will then win 16 games in a row to capture the Stanley cup with his new team for a total of 100 wins on the season.

He will then retire to his cottage in Finland and The Vezina will be renamed The Ortio.

Unless he gets claimed on waivers at the start of this season of course. **** you Treliving!!!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Joe Colborne. Will shock everyone with a 4 goal, 50 assist season. :naughty:

Or he'll continue to have wrist problems, and suck out loud.
You've tempered your expectations. I seem to recall you predicting 70 points when we invented the Raymond Waiver Method :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Jon Gillies and Morgan Klimchuk, I know they will be on the farm but I am extremely excited about these kids.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Joe Colborne. Will shock everyone with a 4 goal, 50 assist season. :naughty:

Or he'll continue to have wrist problems, and suck out loud.

Got that backwards, imo he'll score at least 50 breakaway/penalty shot goals, probs 60 plus if you include shootouts.

And he'll have the odd puck bounce off his tukus before someone puts it in the net, giving him anywhere from 3-5 assists.

Aug 3, 2010
Gaudreau, Bennett, Frolik.

Honourable mention to Russell and Ortio if he's on the opening night roster.

Last edited:

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Ferland for sure.

I honestly see him either becoming a Lucic type player where he's primarily a scorer, but knows when to throw his weight around, or him thinking his only job is to hit people, where he'll get himself into concussion trouble and won't finish the year.

Hamilton because I can see our defense core having sky high confidence knowing they're the best in the league and they all have solid guys watching their back (except for whoever plays with Engelland). Confident players are just better players.

Bennett, I'm excited to see him put on more muscles and weight and see what he can do with it.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Bennett and Hamilton. Of the less obvious ones I hope Byron finally gets a healthy season and bounces going his way.

I have a feeling the expectations on Ferland are way too high around here. Think he'll be a Stockton regular this year to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad