Proposal: Your mock draft

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Now that the top 15 is set in stone, what are people’s predictions for the draft. There’s still time for players to move up and down, but as of right now this is how mine looks:

New Jersey: Hughes
NYR: Kakko
Chicago: Turcotte
Colorado:Byram
Los Angeles:Boldy
Detroit: podkolzin
Buffalo: dach
Edmonton: Caufield
Anaheim: Cozens
Vancouver: Zegras
Philadelphia: Krebs
Minnesota: Newhook
Florida: Broberg
Arizona: Dorofeyev
Montreal:Brink

Last edited:

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
Now that the top 15 is set in stone, what are people’s predictions for the draft. There’s still time for players to move up and down, but as of right now this is how mine looks:

Chicago: Turcotte
Colorado:Byram
Los Angeles:Boldy
Detroit: podkolzin
Buffalo: dach
Edmonton: Caufield
Anaheim: Cozens
Vancouver: Zegras
Philadelphia: Krebs
Florida: Broberg
Arizona: Dorofeyev
Montreal:Brink

NJ Hughes
NYR Kakko
CHI Turcotte
COL Byrum
LA Podkolzin
DET Zegras
BUF Cozens
EDM Dach
ANA Krebs
VAN Newhook
PHI Boldy
MIN Broberg
FLA Knight
ARI Caufield
MTL Lavoie

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
New Jersey: Hughes. Pretty obvious. Him and Nico will be the 1-2 for years.

New York: Kakko. Must be nice to lose and still win.

Chicago: Byram. They've still got Kane, though aging. Added Strome and DeBrincat within the last couple years. Don't see how they pass up a 1D when Keith and Seabrook are getting old and they have not a whole lot in the pipeline.

Colorado: Cozens. They may try to skip the Jost experiment and go for a "more sure thing."

Los Angeles: Turcotte. Depends on if they believe Vilardi and Kupari can be 1-2 going forward. I don't believe in Kupari being a 2c, so I say they take Turcotte. 2-way guy with 1C potential.

Detroit: Podkolzin. Without Larkin on the team and Veleno in the pipeline, I don't think they'd be the team to shy away from the high caliber Russian.

Buffalo: Boldy. I think the Sabres like what they have with Mittlestadt going forward. They'll need secondary scoring on the wings going forward. Especially if the rumors (speculation?) of Skinner testing FA or wanting a massive raise are true.

Edmonton: Dach. With the top two wingers gone, they have no choice but to take one of the centers. I think Dach's size will be enticing to them.

Anaheim: Zegras. Can't see them not taking whoever the best center available is. They need them almost as badly as we do and Zegras is the better of the two top centers left.

Vancouver: Soderstrom. They have Pettersson and Horvat. I don't think they reach for a winger. They need defense. Going to Sweden has worked well in the past. I think they go again.

Philadelphia: Krebs. They don't really need defensive prospects. Honestly they don't really need offense either, but if Krebs is still there I don't see how they pass.

Minnesota: Newhook. Tough to predict what Fenton will do, but I'm hoping he takes Newhook. We need a center. Badly. I could see him taking Broberg or Harley as left D's though.

Florida: Harley. Their offense is good and with rumors of Panarin possibly going there this summer I think they focus on D.

Arizona: Kaliyev. They need a lot, but Kaliyev is a prospect with real high end potential. I think they risk it.

Montreal: Lavoie. Maybe I'm letting the French Canadian thing get to me here, but he's a big bodied forward that can help the offense.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
NJ: Hughes
Chi: Byram
Col: Turcotte
LA: Dach
Det: Cozens
Buf: Broberg
Edm: Boldy
Ana: Zegras
Van: Podkolzin
Phi: Soderstrom
Min: Krebs

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
Chicago:Byram
Colorado: Dach
Los Angeles: podkolzin
Detroit: couzens
Buffalo: Turcotte
Edmonton: soderstrom
Anaheim: Zegras
Vancouver: Krebs
Philadelphia: Boldy
Florida: york
Arizona: broberg
Montreal: suzuki

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

Chicago: Byram. They've still got Kane, though aging. Added Strome and DeBrincat within the last couple years. Don't see how they pass up a 1D when Keith and Seabrook are getting old and they have not a whole lot in the pipeline.

Colorado: Cozens. They may try to skip the Jost experiment and go for a "more sure thing."

Los Angeles: Turcotte. Depends on if they believe Vilardi and Kupari can be 1-2 going forward. I don't believe in Kupari being a 2c, so I say they take Turcotte. 2-way guy with 1C potential.

Detroit: Podkolzin. Without Larkin on the team and Veleno in the pipeline, I don't think they'd be the team to shy away from the high caliber Russian.

Buffalo: Boldy. I think the Sabres like what they have with Mittlestadt going forward. They'll need secondary scoring on the wings going forward. Especially if the rumors (speculation?) of Skinner testing FA or wanting a massive raise are true.

Edmonton: Dach. With the top two wingers gone, they have no choice but to take one of the centers. I think Dach's size will be enticing to them.

Anaheim: Zegras. Can't see them not taking whoever the best center available is. They need them almost as badly as we do and Zegras is the better of the two top centers left.

Vancouver: Soderstrom. They have Pettersson and Horvat. I don't think they reach for a winger. They need defense. Going to Sweden has worked well in the past. I think they go again.

Philadelphia: Krebs. They don't really need defensive prospects. Honestly they don't really need offense either, but if Krebs is still there I don't see how they pass.

Minnesota: Newhook. Tough to predict what Fenton will do, but I'm hoping he takes Newhook. We need a center. Badly. I could see him taking Broberg or Harley as left D's though.

Florida: Soderstrom. Their offense is good and with rumors of Panarin possibly going there this summer I think they focus on D.

Arizona: Kaliyev. They need a lot, but Kaliyev is a prospect with real high end potential. I think they risk it.

Montreal: Lavoie. Maybe I'm letting the French Canadian thing get to me here, but he's a big bodied forward that can help the offense.
Man, Chicago’s defense would look good for a long time with Bryam, Boqvist, Jokiharu, Mitchell, and Beaudin.

I agree with you 100% on newhook. At this point I believe he’s our only shot at getting a #1 center in this draft.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
NJ: Hughes
Chi: Byram
Col: Turcotte
LA: Dach
Det: Cozens
Buf: Broberg
Edm: Boldy
Ana: Zegras
Van: Podkolzin
Phi: Soderstrom
Min: Krebs
Man, I hope you're right. I like Krebs. Not sold on Newhook.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Florida: Soderstrom. Their offense is good and with rumors of Panarin possibly going there this summer I think they focus on D.

you've got FL and VAN taking the same guy.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Newhook is my pick. Just concerned about him coming from the BCHL more than anything. The league doesn't have a history of producing high end players. I'm also hoping the lack of high end defenders and overload on centers will mean more teams making unexpected reaches leaving one of the higher end centers on the board either at 12 or if the Wild do end up trading up a few spots.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Newhook is my pick. Just concerned about him coming from the BCHL more than anything. The league doesn't have a history of producing high end players. I'm also hoping the lack of high end defenders and overload on centers will mean more teams making unexpected reaches leaving one of the higher end centers on the board either at 12 or if the Wild do end up trading up a few spots.
Yeah, my only real awareness of the BCHL comes from Jost and Lucia, which isn't super encouraging.

mahnster

Jun 30, 2018

That sounds like a GMPF move

Reactions: WILDTATE10

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Meh, just trust your scouting and take the best player available regardless of position (non-goalie). None of the guys your talking about are going to help us for a few years, if they pan out, at all.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Craig Button just released his post-lottery mock draft and he's got the Wild taking Trevor Zegras at #12. I mean, I don't see it right now, but if anyone in front of us starts reaching (not sure if anyone might take Spencer Knight earlier than the teens?) then we have a good chance for one of the good C prospects to fall to us. His top 15 mock draft is below and it wouldn't be a shock to see it turn out this way with maybe some of the centers being swapped depending on team preference.

1. NJ - Hughes
2. NYR - Kakko
3. Chi - Podkolzin
4. Col - Cozens
5. LA - Dach
6. Det - Byram
7. Buf - Boldy
8. Edm - Turcotte
9. Ana - Broberg
10. Van - Soderstrom
11. Phi - Krebs
12. Wild - Zegras
13. Fla - Knight
14. Ari - Harley
15. Mtl - Lavoie

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Craig Button just released his post-lottery mock draft and he's got the Wild taking Trevor Zegras at #12. I mean, I don't see it right now, but if anyone in front of us starts reaching (not sure if anyone might take Spencer Knight earlier than the teens?) then we have a good chance for one of the good C prospects to fall to us. His top 15 mock draft is below and it wouldn't be a shock to see it turn out this way with maybe some of the centers being swapped depending on team preference.

1. NJ - Hughes
2. NYR - Kakko
3. Chi - Podkolzin
4. Col - Cozens
5. LA - Dach
6. Det - Byram
7. Buf - Boldy
8. Edm - Turcotte
9. Ana - Broberg
10. Van - Soderstrom
11. Phi - Krebs
12. Wild - Zegras
13. Fla - Knight
14. Ari - Harley
15. Mtl - Lavoie

I’m into

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd be more disappointed than not, but it wouldn't be total 100% disappointed. But of course it depends on who else is on the board.

Looking at the rankings, it does seem a pretty good deal ahead of where he's mostly ranked.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Would anyone be disappointed if we took Broberg?

Yes, but not as much as I was with Johansson.

But it also depends on who else is available. I mean I could come up with a relatively long list of guys I’d prefer over Broberg at this point.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'll be pissed beyond belief if we pick a Dman, unless it's Byram. This year's #1 pick will certainly give us an idea of what Fenton values.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Glass 99% full mock:

Devils: Hughes
Rangers: Kakko
Blackhawks: Byram/Turcotte
Avalanche: Turcotte/Byram
Kings: Podkolzin
Red Wings: Broberg (big reach for a defenseman)
Sabres: Cozens/Dach/Zegras
Oilers: Boldy
Ducks: Cozens/Dach/Zegras
Canucks: Kaliyev (already have Pettersson/Horvat, reach for a winger)
Flyers: Caufield/Soderstrom (already have Couturier/Patrick/Frost, reach for a winger/defenseman)
WILD: Cozens/Dach/Zegras

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah, my only real awareness of the BCHL comes from Jost and Lucia, which isn't super encouraging.
Duncan Keith, Jamie Benn, Kyle Turris, Travis Zajac, Danton Heinen, Josh Manson, Justin Schultz were all drafted out of the BCHL. Turris went 3rd overall in 07 after a ridiculous 66 goals and 121 points in 53 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad