Your honest expectations of Stalberg?

vopatsdad

Jul 5, 2013
Iowa
I'll second that.

Stalberg was constantly mismanaged by Q and the designated whipping boy. Put up 40 points last year, solid anchor on the 3rd line this year. For whatever reason he was benched or played limited minutes in the playoffs. . .

. . .Positioning and trying to do too much at times are his biggest problems. That and it's difficult to finish when you're going Mach 1 with the puck. . .

Talked with a die-hard, Hawk fan friend of mine who sees it the exact same way as you describe. He cautioned against getting my hopes too high but says we might be real pleasantly surprised with VS.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
With our style of play, I'll say around 35 pts. Would be happy if more but not sure he is the answer...

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
with first line minutes, I definitely think anything less than 50 is a disappointment.

Agreed... I think that 20-25 goals and 25-30 assists is where his expected production should be for 1st line minutes, power play time, and likely being the designated sitter in the box for bench penalties. Hell Sergei Krivokrasov produced those numbers for the expansion Predators. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=2825
I don' think that's unreasonable at all...

If he takes a lot of shots in our system, he should be able to produce at those numbers. He'll also likely get a lot of breakaways coming out of the box from a penalty kill like Sullivan used to by being the designated sitter.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
with first line minutes, I definitely think anything less than 50 is a disappointment.
Trotz doesn't give "1st line minutes".

Check out to see how far down the list our big minute forwards are.

Even with all our injuries and call ups, David Legwand's 18:25 minutes a game was 87th in the league in TOI.

Trotz like high energy short shifts evenly divided.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I will say this- regardless of how anyone feels about the Stalberg signing, you've got to like his comments/attitude- seems genuinely excited about playing here and is looking to prove that he can be a top 6, elite forward......

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I will say this- regardless of how anyone feels about the Stalberg signing, you've got to like his comments/attitude- seems genuinely excited about playing here and is looking to prove that he can be a top 6, elite forward......

He's a pretty cool dude. I've been watching him since he was at Vermont, he was really dynamic there. I also think that he will fit into the community of Nashville really well, a lot more fitting for him than a huge town like Toronto or Chicago.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Trotz doesn't give "1st line minutes".

Check out to see how far down the list our big minute forwards are.

Even with all our injuries and call ups, David Legwand's 18:25 minutes a game was 87th in the league in TOI.

Trotz like high energy short shifts evenly divided.

So, instead of first line minutes, he'll be on the top scoring line and top powerplay unit. Either way, he's going to be given the opportunity to be the go-to scoring threat. If he doesn't completely crap the bed, then 50 points is an extremely reasonable expectation.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
I think Stalberg is going to be really good in Nashville. He wants his chance to be the man or one of them on offense and i think he will get that shot unlike in Chicago. Kind of nice seeing a guy wanting to come in and prove himself. Should be a nice fit.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Asked whether he got a fair shot at top 6 in Chicago he replies "yes and no". Well he'll get a fair shot here that's for sure. 4 years of a fair shot.

KreamofAskarov

Here for fun
Dec 26, 2010
Canada
with limited ice time he average 44 points in 82 games the last 2 seasons. I'm sure he could hit 25-30 goals and 50-55 points. He's will be on the power play and play top 6 minutes.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
probably 10-15g and 20-30 assist. Not setting my standards too high but i'd be more than happy with 40+ points. Anything over 50 is a win for Nashville.

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
15 -20 goals 15-30 assists. I think right around 40-45 points is my expectations. I would love to see more, but I think that is reasonable on a new team with a defense first approach.

I think this is right on the money right here. With that being said. Stalberg has played himself off of 2 teams now, so his numbers will probably end up being a little less than whats expected of him.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I think this is right on the money right here. With that being said. Stalberg has played himself off of 2 teams now, so his numbers will probably end up being a little less than whats expected of him.

After reading comments from Hawks fans, I'm worried he'll be shuffled up and down lines by Trotz. It was mentioned often that he doesn't backcheck. If true, he'll end up with Goose and Nystrom on the 4th line. Bad habits are hard to break. Hope he proves the CHI fans wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad