Your honest expectations of Stalberg?

Jubal

May 29, 2012
Now before everyone tears me a new one, neither I nor anyone else I don't think believes that Stalberg will be our elite forward or whatever (and there's atleast one Hawks fan who is trying to make sure we're miserable about the signing) but he isn't some wasteful crappy player. How do you think he'll do now that Poile is giving him the oppurtunity to have a bigger role in the offense than he had with Chicago? He won't be on the back burner of the 2013 Hawks offense anymore. And in 2011-2012 he put up 43 points (22 goals).

So what do you think?

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
15 -20 goals 15-30 assists. I think right around 40-45 points is my expectations. I would love to see more, but I think that is reasonable on a new team with a defense first approach.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Realistically 20 goals 45 points. With increased TOI that he will get here it is possible for 30 goals and 65 points. Hopefully he will mesh with our team better than the Hawks. He will have other Euro's around him which could be a plus. He was drug thru the dirt by Hawk fans basically due to his game of backchecking and defensive play and not being Kane lite from most of the Hawk fans opinions. If he continues the same style game he could flourish with Trotz. His age is perfect if he has survived the development years and is in his prime now. The term of the contract is concerning if he does tank but as you look at the money spent on f/a's yesterday the salary is stomach able. He is an upgrade over SK looks at least equal or a knotch above Erat.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
15 -20 goals 15-30 assists. I think right around 40-45 points is my expectations. I would love to see more, but I think that is reasonable on a new team with a defense first approach.

this. basically an SK replacement.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
All I'm saying is:

Don't get your hopes too high. I hope I'm wrong... then again, not really. Division rivals and all :nod:

I'll predict 30 points. 10g 20a.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Gonna have 45 points or so. No one ever plays a full 82 game season so I'm taking into account some missed games. I think he's gonna benefit from a bigger role. Over 82 games I would say about 48-53 points.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
All I'm saying is:

Don't get your hopes too high. I hope I'm wrong... then again, not really. Division rivals and all :nod:

I'll predict 30 points. 10g 20a.

I think that's being a tad optimistic, but it depends on what situations he's in ofcourse.

I'll go 15g, 18a.

10G 20A I oculd see being a fair expectation if he was still on the hawks stuck on the bottom six but considering unless Trotz doesn't like him he will get far more playing time on a scoring line here and probably PP time. 20-20 sounds right to me.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Stalberg was constantly mismanaged by Q and the designated whipping boy. Put up 40 points last year, solid anchor on the 3rd line this year. For whatever reason he was benched or played limited minutes in the playoffs.

One of my favorite players. I can see him putting up 40 points. He's solid along the boards and back checks well due to his speed. Positioning and trying to do too much at times are his biggest problems. That and it's difficult to finish when you're going Mach 1 with the puck. He typically fires a bad angle shot.

The year he put up 40 points was with ZERO PP time, all ES.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
My question is this. With Trotz's defensive systems is it better to have fast players because there are more chances at breakaways?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
My question is this. With Trotz's defensive systems is it better to have fast players because there are more chances at breakaways?

Reminds me of when we would use Sully on a set breakout when he was coming out of the box. If I remember correctly he often served bench penalties etc. just for this opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad