Your favorite "remember when" moments as a Habs fan on HF Boards

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Jacques Demers was "thinking of Mr. Beliveau" that night! :laugh:

LOL.

Jacques Demers, god bless his heart, is a really kind man, but he's so prone to hyperbole it's unbelievable.

I think the RDS crew believed it would come out that the Kostitsyns & Hamrlik (remember he was involved in this?) were really involved deeply with organised crime, and that would have been a real disgrace. But what came out was nothing really.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Anyone remember the super hero thread ? I still have a screenshot of it somewhere
when we beleive that the K's were to win us the cup

picture.php

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
Remember when Marcel Hossa scored like 5 goals in his first 4 games as a Hab and folks on this board were already declaring him better than his brother? :laugh:

I remember when Hossa was on the Rangers, and when deadline day came around, some reporter saw gloves with the name "Hossa" on them or something. Everyone thought the Habs were getting Marian Hossa (even Hossa himself thought he was going to Montreal) so everyone went HAM.

Turns out they were Marcel's gloves.

Sorry, I could have explained this better but I didn't.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I remember when Hossa was on the Rangers, and when deadline day came around, some reporter saw gloves with the name "Hossa" on them or something. Everyone thought the Habs were getting Marian Hossa (even Hossa himself thought he was going to Montreal) so everyone went HAM.

Turns out they were Marcel's gloves.

Sorry, I could have explained this better but I didn't.

We would have sent them O'Byrne, Lapierre, Grabovski and a 2nd round pick. They wanted Higgins at the last second. We said no.

Turns out what we would've given them would have been better. A solid 3rd pairing D man with size. A 3rd line agitator who can chip in points. A legitimate second line center.

We could have gotten rid of Higgins. It would have made the Gomez trade impossible and we'd still have McDonagh.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
We would have sent them O'Byrne, Lapierre, Grabovski and a 2nd round pick. They wanted Higgins at the last second. We said no.

Turns out what we would've given them would have been better. A solid 3rd pairing D man with size. A 3rd line agitator who can chip in points. A legitimate second line center.

We could have gotten rid of Higgins. It would have made the Gomez trade impossible and we'd still have McDonagh.

Without Gomez they wouldn't have signed Gionta or Cammalleri.

Gomez, Gionta & Bourque vs McDonagh & Higgins. Right now everyone would take McDonagh but Gionta & Cammy made the Habs competitive.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Without Gomez they wouldn't have signed Gionta or Cammalleri.

Gomez, Gionta & Bourque vs McDonagh & Higgins. Right now everyone would take McDonagh but Gionta & Cammy made the Habs competitive.

If Glen Sather came up to me and told me if I ate a 5lbs fresh pile of steaming cow dung he'd do a return trade, I would do that for this team.

That's how bad that trade was, I couldn't care that Gionta and Cammalleri made the Habs competitive. McDonagh-Subban could have been dominant for 10+ years.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Was there anyone around here 2002 or before, or am I the only one left? Those were some pretty dark yet humorous days on HF.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If Glen Sather came up to me and told me if I ate a 5lbs fresh pile of steaming cow dung he'd do a return trade, I would do that for this team.

That's how bad that trade was, I couldn't care that Gionta and Cammalleri made the Habs competitive. McDonagh-Subban could have been dominant for 10+ years.

I hear the Japanese can whip that up into a tasty burger these days.

Gainey :shakehead

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Remember when I was a regular?

Oh yeah the everywhere cocaine thread was hilarious.

The summer when we signed all those free agents and the months prior when Vinny was "a lock" in everyone's lineup, that was gold.

A personal favourite is when I met "Coldplay" in real life and we had a full conversation about HF before realizing we knew each other from here :laugh:
Also, what happened to H10H? Why was he banned? He was one of my favourites. Someone can PM me or something. Curious if anyone remembers me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad