Your favorite Oiler / Canuck

Sventastic47

Feb 18, 2013
Vancouver Island
I know it kinda sucks but I've grown to like the oilers a bit due to the NHL Network always airing "Oil Change" and they have a whole bunch of funny nice guys. I like Ryan Jones, Hall, Eberle, Nuge, and on the Canucks Luongo because of his hilarious tweets.

Ya Oil change is awesome,would be great if the Flames could get a show like it

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I know it kinda sucks but I've grown to like the oilers a bit due to the NHL Network always airing "Oil Change" and they have a whole bunch of funny nice guys. I like Ryan Jones, Hall, Eberle, Nuge, and on the Canucks Luongo because of his hilarious tweets.

If we're being honest, most hockey players have a good side that, with the right video-editing, can make you like them, regardless of their team.

Trae

Calgary

Yeah, I'm not sure what the big deal is here I actually like quite a few, Luongo, Bieksa, Malhotra, Hall, RNH, Eberle, Jones, N. Schultz, Gagner to a certain extent, Hartikainen, Klefbom, Smid. Not a fan of the Sedins or Yakupov though.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Luongo because this guy is hilarious and a pretty classy guy. Not to mention, he's a pretty good goaltender too.

Eberle because unlike guys like Taylor Hall and Nail Yakupov, he's actually a really nice, humble guy. Played midget in Calgary, graduated from BOB, and his offseason home is in Calgary. Also his WJC accomplishments and the fact that he's an exciting player to watch.

Trae

Calgary
Luongo because this guy is hilarious and a pretty classy guy. Not to mention, he's a pretty good goaltender too.

Eberle because unlike guys like Taylor Hall and Nail Yakupov, he's actually a really nice, humble guy. Played midget in Calgary, graduated from BOB, and his offseason home is in Calgary. Also his WJC accomplishments and the fact that he's an exciting player to watch.

Hall isn't a nice humble guy? I've only heard good things about him from guys growing up knowing him in calgary.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Yeah but Oilers are the only team with a show like that.

Feaster said the Flames have started the process of something like that, and that they had been told to send a pilot to some major networks, which they have.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Luongo was actually one I kind of looked up to as a kid, I felt terrible for him when Canada lost to Russia in the WJC back in '99. Eberle, again, because of the WJC.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Edler and Eberle.
Both are very skilled players, and I appreciate the way they play the game.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Vancouver: Hamhuis
He is just a solid defenseman. I love the way he plays the game.
Edmonton: Eberle. What's not to like? High skill, and a Canadian hero.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Feaster said the Flames have started the process of something like that, and that they had been told to send a pilot to some major networks, which they have.

Yeah, but if this happens, Edmonton fans are gonna be like:
STOP RIPPING US OFF CALGARY GEEZ
WE HAD THIS IDEA FIRST >:(

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Hall isn't a nice humble guy? I've only heard good things about him from guys growing up knowing him in calgary.

This isn't what I've heard from people who have run into him. Mind you, I'm sure most guys have bad moments that get amplified for the sake of a story.

And even though they're close friends and live together (lived together?), I've never heard one bad thing said about Eberle. Supposedly, he's a pretty stand up guy.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary

Funny considering how disgusted he was when Roger Millions mentioned "Oil Change."

I'm sure Oilers fan loved Oil Change and we'd love a Flames equivalent just as much. Hell, I don't even need a rebuild as an excuse to get to know these guys a little more. That's why everyone loved 24/7. God, if the Flames could do something like that with an ounce of the execution of HBO, I'd be over the moon.

HoshiBlitz

Jul 10, 2011
Red mile.
Elder and Klefbom for me. It is just a coincidence that both are Swedish defensemen but I think Klefbom is reall going to wreak havoc on use for the next decade.

Gary83*

My favourite Canuck or Oiler is the next one that will be traded.

tumblr_m43fenS4rJ1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Luongo, Gretzky... I like the Sedins and Kesler, judging by the thread, not many others do. xD I don't actually live in Calgary so I don't hate Vancouver nearly as much as the Oilers. I like Yakupov though, his celebration thing was funny. I was quite sad when he went to the Oilers obviously.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
This isn't what I've heard from people who have run into him. Mind you, I'm sure most guys have bad moments that get amplified for the sake of a story.

And even though they're close friends and live together (lived together?), I've never heard one bad thing said about Eberle. Supposedly, he's a pretty stand up guy.

How can you cheer for Eberle? That classless noob went at it with Giordano in those ATB commercials. :shakehead

:sarcasm:

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Van: kesler, even though he whines and dives a bit. The guy is one of the best TWF in the game.
Edm: Eberle, nerves of steel. He reminds of Stevie Y in that sense, who is my all time favourite player.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012

I imagine it would be on Sportsnet or some local channel in Calgary. Is there any way to watch these online? Flames.com?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad