Your favorite Oiler / Canuck

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
A thread where there are no wrong answers.

Who is your favorite player from our 2 most hated teams.

Van - Beiksa
Edm - Eberle

Beiksa because he is solid. Warrior. Plays physical, big minutes, heart guy. I've liked him since he came into the league. Awesome player.

Eberle, well he is simply sick with the puck. Small-ish guy but reliable and smart. Lives in Calgary, loves Calgary. Just a solid, super skilled player.

Go

Trae

Calgary
Luongo and Hall, two of my favourites in the league, not just because I have to choose one for the sake of the thread

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
A thread where there are no wrong answers.

Who is your favorite player from our 2 most hated teams.

Van - Beiksa
Edm - Eberle

Boy, a really tough couple of decisions. I mean, I could reasonably make a good argument against just about all of them. But... gun to my head....

Eberle for Edmonton for sure. Not much not to like about his game, and he terrorizes the Flames. For the Canucks, probably right now Roberto Luongo. I kind of feel for the guy. He was probably at the top of my hated list for a while, but he's shown a side that it's hard not to like. I also find it easy to sympathize with a guy that wanted to leave the Canucks' organization.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Roberto Luongo and I like Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle.

That's it, though. :laugh:

Last edited:

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
u know what there is a few players in edmonton that i acctually respect, eberle, hopkins, hall, but i cant list one player in vancouver that i like. i were to choose one id say mason raymond just cause hes a calgarian

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Loungo because his contract and handling has allowed the Canucks to be a circus show for the past few months, bringing me great joy! :)

McTavish because the old boys club continues on and will be the ultimate demise in what looks like an enjoyable rebuild from a Flames fan perspective.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Loungo because his contract and handling has allowed the Canucks to be a circus show for the past few months, bringing me great joy! :)

McTavish because the old boys club continues on and will be the ultimate demise in what looks like an enjoyable rebuild from a Flames fan perspective.

Agreed on all points here.

Aug 3, 2010
Grant Fuhr and Pavel Bure.

Let us never speak of this topic ever again.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
I hate them all. I could like a kid in junior and think the world of him as a young man but as soon as he puts on one of those jerseys he is dog doo. I don't know how many times I just about puked watching Bertuzzi in Flames silks.:rant:

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Eberle without a doubt. Would give a nut to have him on the Flames.

I also like Luongo, mostly for his twitter.

Wabbit

Jun 22, 2013
Kassian and Eberle. now, thanks to this thread, i must go burn my clothes, vomit, and loudly weep in the shower......

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
If we're going for current players, Id say Bieksa for canucks and Ferance for the Oilers. It's going to be weird seeing Ferance in an oiler uniform.

Past players, Id go Linden for Vancouver and the Oilers I'd say its a toss up between Glencross and Gelinas.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
I know it kinda sucks but I've grown to like the oilers a bit due to the NHL Network always airing "Oil Change" and they have a whole bunch of funny nice guys. I like Ryan Jones, Hall, Eberle, Nuge, and on the Canucks Luongo because of his hilarious tweets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad