Your Bold Oiler predictions for the 2016-17 season

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
- Oilers finish 9th, 3 pts out of the playoffs, but win something like 10 of their last 12 to give us a helluva ride
- Pulju scores 25
- Yakupov is traded
- Nurse takes a massive leap forward

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Oilers start off great in the season then a ton of injuries reduces the team to bottom of the league in wins. (I hope I am wrong but this seems to always happen).

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Puljujarvi outscored Hall
Larsson puts up 25 points, Klefbom 35
Rnh puts up 63 points, finishes 3rd in Selke voting

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I will go out on the crazy limb

1) Yak scores 30--just not not for the oilers
2) Hall gets 56 pts
3) Pool boy wins rookie of the year
4) Lucic scores 30
5) Oilers make the playoffs
6) Larsson and Klefbom will turn into one of the best D-partners till one gets injured in Jan
7) McDavids gets 80 pts
8) Pouliot gets traded by December
9) Fayne turns into a solid 5/6 guy

souledout17

Oct 4, 2016
The Oilers start the season going 9-0 in October and take 9 of 11 home games in March to finish 7th in the West.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
- Oilers finish 9th, 3 pts out of the playoffs, but win something like 10 of their last 12 to give us a helluva ride
- Pulju scores 25
- Yakupov is traded
- Nurse takes a massive leap forward

:handclap:

p

Let's hope your other predictions come correct.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
The defense is a work-in-progress, but it's definitely head and shoulders above where it was a year ago (since, a year ago, the defense was basically Junior-B level).

What i'm a little worried about is secondary scoring. The Oilers seem to have good depth at forward, with three lines that can potentially score, but 'potential' doesn't mean "will". If lines 2 and 3 do dry up even for a few weeks, the losses could pile up, especially since there's (apparently) still no offensive help from the blue line.

I could foresee a lot of games like the Vancouver game the other day, where the McDavid line does its job, but the team still loses 3-2 to a not-so-great-teams because nobody else scored.

I think the key is either the RNH-line or Draisaitl-line needs to step up and really have a big season to support the top line. If they don't, Chiarelli's gonna have to figure out a way to get a D-man on the power-play who can actually score or put pucks on net.

With no secondary scoring and no blue-line help on the power-play, the team is going nowhere.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The defense is a work-in-progress, but it's definitely head and shoulders above where it was a year ago (since, a year ago, the defense was basically Junior-B level).

What i'm a little worried about is secondary scoring. The Oilers seem to have good depth at forward, with three lines that can potentially score, but 'potential' doesn't mean "will". If lines 2 and 3 do dry up even for a few weeks, the losses could pile up, especially since there's (apparently) still no offensive help from the blue line.

I could foresee a lot of games like the Vancouver game the other day, where the McDavid line does its job, but the team still loses 3-2 to a not-so-great-teams because nobody else scored.

I think the key is either the RNH-line or Draisaitl-line needs to step up and really have a big season to support the top line. If they don't, Chiarelli's gonna have to figure out a way to get a D-man on the power-play who can actually score or put pucks on net.

With no secondary scoring and no blue-line help on the power-play, the team is going nowhere.

It's definitely more than a little concern.

This team doesn't score a lot. Even with all the supposed "talent" they have, they haven't scored a lot in years.

Nugent Hopkins needs to drive a line, we'll see if he's up for it or not.

Our inept powerplay is also going to make scoring more than 2 goals a night a big challenge.

McDavid is gonna McDavid, I think Lucic is gonna bring it too, Eberle will probably be dragged along to his usual 60+ points, but everyone else on that forward group I have questions about how much acutal offensive production they're gonna bring to the table.

50 points again from Nugent Hopkins for example isn't good enough. Not by a long shot.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
-Oilers D is middle of the pack by seasons end.
-Talbot has a career year and national media give him most of credit for teams turn around.
-Penalty minutes the team takes increase by 100 min + (2015-2016=794) and is one of the most debated topics on HFOil.
-Nurse is the most improved player of season.
-Oilers end up in top 10 goals scored per team.

Not bad

Fun thread to read through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad