Your Bold Oiler predictions for the 2016-17 season

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Seriously, the more I look at it, the more I think the sky is the limit this year. Compare our lineup to game 1 of last year:

GDT from season opener

Our right side was Fayne-Schultz as top 2....

EDIT: Oh lord that bottom 6. And Purcell 1RW...

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Gustavsson ends the season with a winning record.

You know of all the moves the Oilers made this off-season, this one was the most puzzling. 7 years in the NHL and Gustavsson has a career sv% of .902 coming off a season where he put up an exceedingly mediocre .908 sv% and we signed him first day of free agency?

I mean... I wont say your prediction is impossible. Gustavsson in his 7 seasons in the league only has one year without at least a .500 record. So who knows.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
You know of all the moves the Oilers made this off-season, this one was the most puzzling. 7 years in the NHL and Gustavsson has a career sv% of .902 coming off a season where he put up an exceedingly mediocre .908 sv% and we signed him first day of free agency?

I mean... I wont say your prediction is impossible. Gustavsson in his 7 seasons in the league only has one year without at least a .500 record. So who knows.

He is 30-17-6 in his last three regular season games. I don't look too highly into sv% depending on the team the goaltender is with, I definitely put defence into perspective.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He is 30-17-6 in his last three regular season games. I don't look too highly into sv% depending on the team the goaltender is with, I definitely put defence into perspective.

I put more stock into sv% than I do wins and losses. One is far more greatly influenced by the team they play on than the other. Obviously both stats are impacted by the team they play on, but it's not that hard to win games when you're the backup for a perennial playoff team.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
-Pulju as the most unheralded first rounder the Oilers have had for years, wins the Calder
-RNH continues his excellent play from the World cup and has a career year
-We compete for the playoffs but a major injury to Larsson or Klefbom kills our year

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Oilers draft beyond pick #7.

If there are no key prolonged injuries I can see the Oilers making the playoffs.

McD, Nuge and Dray are killing it during the World Cup series. Scarey actually, plus the free agents and the trade for a good defenseman and getting rid of not so positive attitude player, and PJ. Congrats I think you have finally something to look forward to this yr. going to be an exciting yr. kings out this yr.

CanadianDestroyer

Oct 3, 2006
Edmonton
I'll list my three bold predictions

1. Oilers contend for a wild card spot, get edged out of one and the dumb "lol Oilers" jokes stop.

2. McDavid with 100+ points

3. Pool Party gets called up early in the season and lights it up a la Drai last season

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
For some time now I' have had this weird premonition that Talbot's SV% is going to hit .930 for the season and that he'll be among the top-3 in that regard. Print it.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
For some time now I' have had this weird premonition that Talbot's SV% is going to hit .930 for the season and that he'll be among the top-3 in that regard. Print it.

If this happens, we're making the playoffs. Only Steve Mason's 2014-2015 Philadelphia Flyers had him finish in the top-3 of save percentages and miss the playoffs in the past 5 years I looked at. Hope your premonition is right.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
82-0, 1st overall in the league, Stanley Cup winner and undefeated in the playoffs, McDavid wins the scoring race with 52-70-122, Jesse P. wins rookie of the year with a 33-32-65 season, Klefbom actually plays the whole season. :P :joker:

Empty Netter

Patrick McDraisaitl
Jan 15, 2016
82-0, 1st overall in the league, Stanley Cup winner and undefeated in the playoffs, McDavid wins the scoring race with 52-70-122, Jesse P. wins rookie of the year with a 33-32-65 season, Klefbom actually plays the whole season. :P :joker:

Everything up to this point seems plausible, but you lost me with the last part.
That's not bold, that's insane.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
-Oilers D is middle of the pack by seasons end.
-Talbot has a career year and national media give him most of credit for teams turn around.
-Penalty minutes the team takes increase by 100 min + (2015-2016=794) and is one of the most debated topics on HFOil.
-Nurse is the most improved player of season.
-Oilers end up in top 10 goals scored per team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad