Post-Game Talk: **** your 3rd period collapses. Jets win 5-4 in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The thing I find funny [mod] is when Buff is having long stretches of inconsistent to even lazy play many people are on board with trading him. Then once every 10 games he goes beastmode and everyone is 100% on board with signing him. Until he starts to fade, makes some bad plays, takes some bad penalties.
As much as I love Buff and love what he does when he is On, I think trading him could alter the image this team has as a dirty team which could end up helping us. There is no doubt he is a catalyst but only when he feels like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

JetFromFinland

Jul 3, 2014
Strong game by Ehlers, Buff and Wheeler. Nice to have 2 points, but we gave up 1 fo Nashville.. What a game.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Was in the Shark club watching that game celebrating a friends birthday And the game had us all riveted.

Wasn't good to give up the lead but it could have been so much uglier losing in OT.

Ladd's assist on Ehlers goal was unreal.

hope Buff''s shoulder didn't dislocate.

refs really sucked for both teams.

Dam that was entertaining.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets-win-5-4-300x200.jpg

Game recaps, post-game audio, video highlights and the NHL.com 3 Stars of the night.

Click here.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Didn't mind the game so much, even though they gave up a 4-1 lead.

The Byfuglien injury seemed to take the wind out of their sails a bit, but that may have been a side effect of Stuart's increased ice time and Myers not playing so hot after blocking that shot.

Little and a broken Myers also dragged Stuart around the ice for two-plus minutes of four on three.

Yes, the officiating was awful but in both directions, at least.

Thought Armia had a really strong game. I think he's very good at adapting to his linemates. Want him to retrieve and cycle with Lowry and whoever? Sure. Want him to find areas to streak 'cause he sees Wheeler rushing? Can do (well, we'll see if maybe he can do it some day without being an enigmatic diver).

Ehlers was a beast. His pass to Ladd was more impressive than Ladd's pass to him, I think.

Didn't really mind Hellebuyck. Rinne was very poor.

Love how much of a homer Shane Hnidy is now.

Johansen has the second most punchable face in the league after Gallagher. I also hate him for that cheesy breakaway stunt at the last All Star Game.

He jets don't replace his spot the league does. The spot won't be necessarily filled by a jet. The first year back buff was injured before the all star game and was replaced by another team and we didn't have any representative.

Enström was offered his spot at the last minute, but opted not to go.

Edit:

Loved Byfuglien going out for the interview in the intermission with what appeared to be a Jacob Trouba hat. :D

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ok since i've been in the camp of trade Ladd and re-sign Buff since last summer , Chevl-i'm-taking-another-day-off SIGN BUFF NOW !!! He is one of a very few players in the NHL that is worth the price of admission !!! Some one wake up Chevy , this is becoming a joke already !!!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I thought the **** show really got started after the imaginary embellishment call on Armia rather than the Buff injury. That call was a joke.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Hell of a fun game to watch, aside from the cheap shots that Nashville was dishing out. The charge at Lowry wasn't good, but at least he could see him coming. The run from behind of Ladd was especially bad. Should be reviewed for suspension.

But you have to give it to Nashville, they just kept coming. They actually reminded me of the Jets from last year. They played a very fast, hard hitting and heavy game. They have a great forecheck.

Ehlers made some great plays. He also made some boneheaded passes. But mostly good stuff from him and it was nice to see him get that goal - nice finish - something he has been lacking.

The hit on Ladd into the boards and the Buff injury remind us of something that I have been saying for a while. There is a significant risk associated with leaving these guys unsigned and untraded right up until the deadline. Yeah, the trade for an injured Kane worked out well, but those were unique circumstances where Buffalo was dumping talent to ensure a last place finish. If we are going to move Buf and Ladd, it will be to a team that thinks that this is their year. They will want immediate impact players and aren't going to go after rental players that are injured.

Last comment. I know it was a small sample but it is representative. We got to see this current Jets team with and without Buf. The without was a shadow of the with, especially against the Preds, a big hard hitting team. If we don't sign Buff, it could be years to recover.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Can someone explain what he did that was so dirty?

He grabbed Buff's arm as he skates by and yanks it as he's on his way to the ice. I was at the game and the replay they showed there painted a pretty good picture of it. I thought it was incredibly dirty.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
He grabbed Buff's arm as he skates by and yanks it as he's on his way to the ice. I was at the game and the replay they showed there painted a pretty good picture of it. I thought it was incredibly dirty.

Doubt anything comes from it- it was not intentional. Maybe a hold at best.

The plugs for the Preds, scratch that- the entire Preds lineup had there speedos on and were diving all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad