Your 2019-20 Expectations

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If they keep making the same stupid fundamental breakdowns defensively, I want Ruff gone.
I want him gone as well, but there is a reality here. Staal is another year older. You have two rookies starting in the top 6. There WILL be growing pains. Not to mention a rookie wall. And Tony D has to take huge steps forward defensively. That is 4 out of the top 6. Chances are the defense will give issues.

This is not even mentioning Skej's chances of rebounding to be a top pair defenseman.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I want him gone as well, but there is a reality here. Staal is another year older. You have two rookies starting in the top 6. There WILL be growing pains. Not to mention a rookie wall. And Tony D has to take huge steps forward defensively. That is 4 out of the top 6. Chances are the defense will give issues.

This is not even mentioning Skej's chances of rebounding to be a top pair defenseman.
I can tolerate growing pains, and I totally expect them to occur. However, I absolutely will not tolerate watching the same stupid breakdowns occur that we've seen happen now under both AV and Quinn. How many times have we seen our dmen misplay 2-on-1s or release from the net to chase a player behind it with the puck?

If it happens a few times, fine. If it keeps happening, it's a coaching problem. It's not like we didn't see these same issues occur in his last year in Dallas. In each of these three seasons, his teams have been bottom-5 in xGA/60.

Reactions: NYR

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I can tolerate growing pains, and I totally expect them to occur. However, I absolutely will not tolerate watching the same stupid breakdowns occur that we've seen happen now under both AV and Quinn. How many times have we seen our dmen misplay 2-on-1s or release from the net to chase a player behind it with the puck?

If it happens a few times, fine. If it keeps happening, it's a coaching problem. It's not like we didn't see these same issues occur in his last year in Dallas. In each of these three seasons, his teams have been bottom-5 in xGA/60.
Can't disagree. Though AV was a slightly different tale all together. But yes, the blown coverage and the mistakes was quite telling last night.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

It only took you a few years to come around but I think we might finally be on the same page.
I kid :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad