Post-Game Talk: Your 2016 Stanley Cup champions, the Pittsburgh Penguins (Parade 11:30 am WED.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemieux66

May 19, 2016
Absolutely would take Letang all day every day over Burns, he's nothing but an oaf out there

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Love all the pics of kessel. So awesome he won a cup as soon as he left that dumpster fire in Toronto.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I wasn't really too worried with Burns. He's like a gambling Hedman and those gambles weren't gonna pay off against us.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
But, but, but . . . Sid and Geno are coach killers. :popcorn:

Their stupidity was a big help to the Pens.

All I'd asked for was for Sully to pull Letang's head out of his ass, and 58 came up huge tonight.

Sully has been a Godsend. Let's hope he can keep it going.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sharks had two shots in the 3rd.

Their 2nd shot came AFTER the empty netter.

But, but, but, the Penguins can't play defense. :popcorn:

EDIT: Total commitment from everyone but again it's impossible to give Jacques Martin and Sergei Gonchar enough credit for the work they did this year.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I feel like a proud parent or something watching the WBS kids win the Cup with this team.

Seeing Dumoulin break in with WBS and thinking he could maybe be something and then seeing him score in the deciding game of the Finals, unreal.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
All I'd asked for was for Sully to pull Letang's head out of his ass, and 58 came up huge tonight.

Sully has been a Godsend. Let's hope he can keep it going.

As I've said, as long as he doesn't succumb to arrogance like Bylsma did, the Pens are in good hands.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Dumo has to be the most underrated story of the year. The guy played like a vet and was so reliable. When he had a bad game, he game out stronger the next night.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sharks had two shots in the 3rd.

Their 2nd shot came AFTER the empty netter.

That's unbelievable when you consider the fact that, according to HF, the Penguins have a garbage defense.

Then again, I bet if you asked non-Pens fans on HF who Brian Dumoulin is, 95% of them would probably say that he's some AHL late season call-up.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
still beaming like a loon and bouncing with adrenaline.

so jacked up that I don't even feel like watching game of thrones yet!

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I may consider jumping back on the bandwagon :D

Felt great seeing Crosby lift that cup again

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Dumo has to be the most underrated story of the year. The guy played like a vet and was so reliable. When he had a bad game, he game out stronger the next night.
Overtook Cullen as the roster's biggest bang-for-the-buck contract. Got him for one more year at $800k, and with relatively few free agents to deal with in the next month, they can focus on getting that next deal out of the way this summer.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Rock solid is how I'd describe him. I felt safe whenever he was on the ice. He's one of those guys who, 99 times out of 100, seems to just completely shut down the opposition's offensive rush when it comes down his side.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Are whole entire team played so well.
5 guys went out and played like a unit

Letang Dumo Maatta Lovejoy cole ans shultz.
If someone told me that d core wins the cup I'd be dieing with laughter.
I loved everything the pens did and how they played and the constant pressure they put on the other team.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Overtook Cullen as the roster's biggest bang-for-the-buck contract. Got him for one more year at $800k, and with relatively few free agents to deal with in the next month, they can focus on getting that next deal out of the way this summer.

I don't know . . . Murray?

I may consider jumping back on the bandwagon :D

Felt great seeing Crosby lift that cup again

Never thought watching the Pens win the cup would be only the second most joyous part of my evening. :popcorn:

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
SHOOTANDSCORE said:
Madden just said that if DB was still coaching, Adams would still be on the 4th line and bringing him coffee after practice. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Speakin' of coffee... Sid's gonna be getting a new sponsor:

JS2cwxa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad