Post-Game Talk: Your 2016 Stanley Cup champions, the Pittsburgh Penguins (Parade 11:30 am WED.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Ahhhh...heck of a night boys...heck of a night! I enjoyed every single minute of this playoffs. Better than 09.

I have a lot to say and write about but I'll wait until tomorrow. My wife promised celebratory snu snu. G'night!

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The whole icing thing... the refs weren't falling for the SJ guys trying to buy icings all game long. That's the bottom line. The fans were clueless. But that's not a fight I care to fight.

the one icing the Sharks fans are livid about, the PUCK DIDN'T EVEN MAKE IT TO THE RED LINE

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Aaaahhhahaaa woooooooooooo!!!! This is my favorite single season sports team that I've followed since Sully took over. I've been a Pens fan my whole life (born in 1990), so I don't remember the early 90s teams. The Pitt basketball teams with Knight, Paige, Brown, Lett, Zavackas, Trout, Taft were honestly my 2nd favorite team to follow, I cried on a couple of their Senior Nights TBH. The team that was the runner up in '08 was so great to watch, probably my favorite Pens team until this year. I was ****in ecstatic when we won in '09 and Talbot made me love him that year. The 2 Steelers Super Bowls in my lifetime were great to celebrate with my friends. But personally, this team that we just won with is the most excited I've ever been for a sporting event . So excited. So proud. So amazing this team was incredible. Love it!!!

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
People said we couldn't win with Kessel. That we couldn't win with Jultz. We turned other teams' trash into our treasure.

It's time to say without even a single hint of irony...

THIS TEAM IS SPECIAL.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
biggest takeaway from this season:

Sharks fans legitimately do not understand the icing rule. It's really amazing. You're on the internet, people, pull up a wiki page or something.

ADDENDUM: Gary Bettman has no hand in the Conn Smythe process.

How are they supposed to know it is something the linesmen are honestly trying to call correctly?

They probably think the Pens are pretty dumb not giving someone number 88, so they can give out crosschecks, and punches to the head, without getting penalized.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
phil.gif

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
When DB came in, all he did was tweak. Loosen the reigns.

Sully did a complete overhaul in system and attitude. I never thought I'd see this group of players turn a blind eye to every cheap shot against them and just walk away. What a difference.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Talk about a player I had crazy respect for until now - Brent Burns. He non-stop whines and throws more punches than any other player I've seen. He's also an idiotic hockey player. He's so dangerous, but he gets in his own way at times. I seriously was very disappointed in everything about Brent Burns. Loved him when I watch from afar, but playing 6 consecutive times made me think less of the guy.

If we say 58 is stupid from time to time, then what does that make Burns?

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
People said we couldn't win with Kessel. That we couldn't win with Jultz. We turned other teams' trash into our treasure.

It's time to say without even a single hint of irony...

THIS TEAM IS SPECIAL.

Haha yep, and maybe it will give teams pause before they make these trades that are completely salary cap driven. You can't tell me Edmonton doesn't wish they'd at least be negotiating with Schultz this offseason, or the Hawks riding it out with Daley to at least have D depth this playoff.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
When DB came in, all he did was tweak. Loosen the reigns.

Sully did a complete overhaul in system and attitude. I never thought I'd see this group of players turn a blind eye to every cheap shot against them and just walk away. What a difference.

Jaded and I sound like broken records but... accountability (check), culture (check), system that fits the team (check). Give the dude a blank contract and let him fill it out like it's a madlib.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

'Craig, thanks for drafting Sid, Geno, and Tanger'.

'Ray, thanks for signing Scuderi . . . couldn't have gotten Daley without him'.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Talk about a player I had crazy respect for until now - Brent Burns. He non-stop whines and throws more punches than any other player I've seen. He's also an idiotic hockey player. He's so dangerous, but he gets in his own way at times. I seriously was very disappointed in everything about Brent Burns. Loved him when I watch from afar, but playing 6 consecutive times made me think less of the guy.

Burns and Thornton. Way more interested in trying to hurt people than help their team.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house

They both stupid and very talented.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Jaded and I sound like broken records but... accountability (check), culture (check), system that fits the team (check). Give the dude a blank contract and let him fill it out like it's a madlib.

But, but, but . . . Sid and Geno are coach killers. :popcorn:

Burns and Thornton. Way more interested in trying to hurt people than help their team.

Their stupidity was a big help to the Pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad