Post-Game Talk: YoungStars - Canucks go 2-1; def. Flames 7-1, def. Oilers 5-2, lose to Jets 3-2 in an SO.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I don't see a thread dedicated to this tournament, delete if I am blind.

Line ups for every team:

Game Schedule
1694656165840.png

Reactions: Lindgren

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don't see a thread dedicated to this tournament, delete if I am blind.

Line ups for every team:

Game Schedule
View attachment 742934

Just at a glance, that Oilers group looks the weakest. 13 camp invites for Edmonton.
I like Winnipegs group the best. And Van and Calgary about equal.
Not a bad Canucks group considering our last two first rounders won’t be there.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Just at a glance, that Oilers group looks the weakest. 13 camp invites for Edmonton.
I like Winnipegs group the best. And Van and Calgary about equal.
Not a bad Canucks group considering our last two first rounders won’t be there.
Jets definitely stand out as the top group this year, it’s nice to see less “invites” for the Canucks

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Kind of uninspiring lineup for the Canucks. But that'll happen when you don't have either of your last two 1st rounders, and haven't really been making 2nd round picks lately. At least it's not just halfway staffed by random invites i guess. There's definitely a handful of guys who are at least a little bit interesting.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I'd say on paper the Canucks have the best defense and goalie in the tournament.

Considering Hirose didn't look out of place in the NHL and Tolopilo has been playing against men in Allsvensken.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'd say on paper the Canucks have the best defense and goalie in the tournament.

Considering Hirose didn't look out of place in the NHL and Tolopilo has been playing against men in Allsvensken.

Yeah, when you look at the age/experience of the teams here, Hirose/Johansson/McWard/Schmiemann should be 4 of the top 6 defenders here (Poirier and Lundmark the other 2) and and Tolopilo should be the top goalie.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Excited for some hockey, it’s been too long.

Any free "legal" streaming avenues for these games? Or are they locked behind a paywall

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozone

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The Canucks have a fair number of guys who are already playing in the AHL, or have played in other pro leagues. You figure that should give them a leg up over younger prospects on other teams, even if those prospects are of a better pedigree.

At any rate - excited to see some freaking hockey. Bring it on.

Reactions: Ozone

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I believe it will be streamed on Canucks.com. It was last year. Can't find any confirmation, though.
It was, however the stream was 240px at times, would periodically die out and/or lack sound. Hopefully it can be better this year but the Canucks Org doesn't seem to really put much effort in their website these days.

Reactions: Hodgy

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It was, however the stream was 240px at times, would periodically die out and/or lack sound. Hopefully it can be better this year but the Canucks Org doesn't seem to really put much effort in their website these days.

Website stuff is weird. A long time ago it used to be independently run by each team. That lead to some wildly different team sites (the Sabres Buffaslug site stood out to me as excellently done). Several teams barely had websites and didn't even have updated rosters. The NHL took over and brought the design under league control. I believe it is still that way. Given how weird it can be to run a website behind the scenes, I have no idea how much of the streaming problem is the Canucks fault and/or the league using antiquated website tools/design.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Website stuff is weird. A long time ago it used to be independently run by each team. That lead to some wildly different team sites (the Sabres Buffaslug site stood out to me as excellently done). Several teams barely had websites and didn't even have updated rosters. The NHL took over and brought the design under league control. I believe it is still that way. Given how weird it can be to run a website behind the scenes, I have no idea how much of the streaming problem is the Canucks fault and/or the league using antiquated website tools/design.
Interesting point.

I remember they used to run a live stream on Youtube many years ago which was much better.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Interesting point.

I remember they used to run a live stream on Youtube many years ago which was much better.

And looks like it will be on Youtube again! The simplest method would always be stream to Youtube and embed that in the website but no idea if that's even all that possible. Then it probably gets complicated with Youtube ads, revenue generated by that, etc. There's probably a simple solution that makes everyone happy except the money people & lawyers catch wind and stop it. Happens every time when it comes to online stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad