Young Stars Classic Tournament - September 11-14th

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Stumbled across this info this morning.

http://www.stocktonthunder.com/2015/05/22/calgary-prospects-to-participate-in-tourney/

GAME | TEAMS | DATE | TIME
GAME 1 | CALGARY VS WINNIPEG | SEPT. 11 | 4:00 PM
GAME 2 | VANCOUVER VS EDMONTON | SEPT. 11 | 7:30 PM
GAME 3 | CALGARY VS EDMONTON | SEPT. 12 | 7:30 PM
GAME 4 | VANCOUVER VS WINNIPEG | SEPT. 13 | 2:00 PM
GAME 5 | EDMONTON VS WINNIPEG | SEPT. 14 | 11:30 AM
GAME 6 | VANCOUVER VS CALGARY | SEPT. 14 | 3:30 PM

The Calgary Flames will announce their roster closer to the start of the tournament. Of the 27 skaters and three goalies that attended the tournament last season, 10 skaters and one goalie ended the 2014-15 regular season in the AHL with the Adirondack Flames.

Those players include Brett Kulak, Ryan Culkin, John Ramage, Garnet Hathaway, Turner Elson, Kenny Agostino, Emile Poirier, Pat Sieloff, Bill Arnold, Bryce Van Brabant and goalie Joni Ortio.

Aug 3, 2010
Always stoked for this event. Might be grabbing some tickets myself this year.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
So hyped!

Going to buy tickets to the entire tournament again.

Thinking I might want to go down and watch this tournament. I'm going down to the trade in a couple weeks already, so I think by September my eyes are going to be burning for hockey :laugh:

Trae

Calgary
Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Calgary all have strong pools, should be interesting this year for sure.

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
I wonder if they're allowing Nakladl to participate. That seems unfair against kids.

Excited to have Bennett and Janko as our 1-2 punch, with Poirier, Carrol, Smith on the RW, Klimchuk, Mangiapane, and Hathaway on LW. Our defense, though, will probably be the best at the tourney.

Nakladl, Hickey, Kanzig, Culkin, Kulak, Kylington, Anderson, Sieloff, Ollas-Mattson and Gilmour.

Gillies as the tender. That's pretty solid.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I can't remember and to lazy to look up, but I don't believe our college kids can participate in this unless they sign a contract.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Tyson Baillie will be joining the group in Penticton.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=774799
according to sureloss onn CP Thomas Soustal, Jason Fram and Mason Marchment will all be joining the Flames in Penticton in addition to Baillie.

Baillie & Soustal are still eligible for the 2016 draft so this will extend our window to sign them as undrafted UFAs if we choose to do so. Jason Fram I expect to get an AHL deal as this is the 2nd year he has been at prospect camp. Marchment @ 20 is also eligible to sign an AHL deal, he is a big dude at 6'3, 194 and could be used as a fill in on the 4th line in Stockton with the possibility of Wolf not returning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad