GDT: YOU TELL 'EM I'M COMING! AND HELL IS COMING WITH ME! Wings at Ducks - 7pm

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
If he wants to come back, we absolutely need to re-sign him. He's been f***ing awesome this year.

Also, Ericsson running over his own goalie was Bieksa-level stupid. Perhaps even worse. :laugh:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
"Staged" implies two fighters putting on an act. Ritchie was fighting for a specific reason, he wasn't putting on a show or trying to justify being in the lineup like a Jared Boll. It was a clean, but very hard hit on a skill player. The Ducks bench didn't like the hit, I wouldn't say they moved on. I don't think it's fair to say "the game moved on".
Staged is two guys discussing and agreeing to fight at the next “opportunity”, regardless of so called reason. You might have a reason why you want to fight but that doesn’t mean it isn’t staged. Boll’s fights had a reason too (energize the team), just a different one.

I like physical play and I like fighting. But I hate shit like that. The league doesn’t need fighting after clean hits. Especially non spontaneous ones. YMMV.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
This coaching staff better be fired. No reason for the talent on the ice to be this disorganized and disinterested.
Nah. We got injured at the beginning of the year, so it wouldn't be fair to fire the staff because the team is now healthy and still plays like shit. :laugh:

(I'm going to be pissed if Carlyle isn't out. In fact, I'd rather us miss the playoffs if it means he's out)

Reactions: Johnny Caravella

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
If the Ducks opponent puts any pressure at all via a forecheck, the Ducks crumble. It’s like
They have no idea what to do against a lot of pressure.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The first time Carlyle got fired he had a 2nd line of 40 year old players, no depth in the bottom 6 (somewhat his fault), a broken Lydman and Viznovsky on his top pairing, post-vertigo Hiller, etc.

This current team doesn't have half the roster deficiencies

Reactions: Ducks DVM

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I got so annoyed with the Ducks that I flipped over to college basketball. Virginia and millions of brackets going down in flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad