Prospect Info: You Call It: Who Does Detroit Pick?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Pettersson. That's assuming that Vilardi, Glass, and Middlestadt are off the board (which I would expect).

Then they need to feed that kid cheeseburgers and milkshakes, while having him eat and sleep in the weight room.

Just PLEASE don't trade down if there's a decent center still on the board...

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm going to say Glass slips and we take him.

unbreakable-1jpg-ad251e_1280w.jpg

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I think everyone in the poll is already taken besides Necas and Liljegren, then we end up choosing Necas.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I went with Pettersson. He ticks off the checkboxes for a DRW draft pick and I suspect guys like Glass, Suzuki, Vilardi and Mittelstadt will already be selected.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
I went with Pettersson. He ticks off the checkboxes for a DRW draft pick and I suspect guys like Glass, Suzuki, Vilardi and Mittelstadt will already be selected.

I'm not so sure.

I think this is the year of the Head Scout. They pick their player, good or bad.

I can see plenty of players slipping due to personal/team preference.

Unfortunately, Detroit is included in that.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think they will pick someone that none of us would expect them to pick. They seem pretty good at doing this in recent years.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I think they will pick someone that none of us would expect them to pick. They seem pretty good at doing this in recent years.

Larkin was practically telegraphed to the fans with how many rumors there were about Detroit being in love with him. And there were some rumors about Svechnikov before the draft as well. Cholo was way out there, though.

The more common theme is that we've been drafting people that the collective fanbase has been disappointed in, so going off of that, I'll go with Ryan Poehling or Michael Rasmussen.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Larkin was practically telegraphed to the fans with how many rumors there were about Detroit being in love with him. And there were some rumors about Svechnikov before the draft as well. Cholo was way out there, though.

The more common theme is that we've been drafting people that the collective fanbase has been disappointed in, so going off of that, I'll go with Ryan Poehling or Michael Rasmussen.

I have plenty of pitchforks and torches ready. Does anyone have a lot of strong friends and a battering ram?

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Here's HSJ's thinking on who our possible first-round targets are. Love her forward choices:

Freep Article

Defenseman:
- Liljegren
- Heiskanen
- Makar
- Valimaki
- Foote

Forwards:
- Tippett
- Rasmussen
- Tolvanen
- Suzuki

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Here's HSJ's thinking on who our possible first-round targets are. Love her forward choices:

Freep Article

Defenseman:
- Liljegren
- Heiskanen
- Makar
- Valimaki
- Foote

Forwards:
- Tippett
- Rasmussen
- Tolvanen
- Suzuki

Tell me she's not ranking them. And heiskanen? Isn't he a lock for number 3?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yeah i think liljegren is like our 4th choice at this point now

Lilegren seems to have lost a ton of value, recently. When you read some scouting reports, there seems to be more negatives than the other d-men around him.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I kind of like another posters thoughts, can't remember who. There seems to be a lot of similar value players, in the 5-15 range. So if the Wings, traded down and got lets say a 13 and 15 as an example for the 9, that having 2 pretty decent picks rather than one late top 10, could be a good idea, I don't know, just a thought.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Lilegren seems to have lost a ton of value, recently. When you read some scouting reports, there seems to be more negatives than the other d-men around him.

He has everything but hockey sense apparently. Ahem smith kindl yada yada yada

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Last first round pick I loved was the Mantha pick. Disliked the Larkin pick. Liked the Svechnikov pick but was really hoping for Chabot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad