Prospect Info: You Call It: Who Does Detroit Pick?

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Trade the pick, along with Mrazek to ARI for OEL
(Most likely wont happen but hey, they get a goalie...theyd have 2 top 10 picks..and they still have chychrun so it could make oel expendable)

I voted for Petersson.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Still think Pettersson makes the most sense if he's available. Draft seems like a crapshoot though, won't judge anyone we pick too harshly.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
It sounds like the mantra is "roll the dice"
If Holland has a chance to turn 1 pick into 2 players+ a pick or 1 player + a pick or 1 player +2 picks, he will. He wants assets and picks plain and simple.

AA+1st+third for a late second, later first and a player sounds interesting to me, but I am not a NHL GM

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
If there's someone Detroit really wants at 7, and Arizona has a couple of guys still clustered together when it comes time to pick, I think a deal could be done to move up those two spots pretty easily. Lot of folks on the trade talks board connecting the dots between Arizona and Mrazek. Wonder if Mrazek with significant retention would do the trick to move up.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I vote Makar, I think it's between him and Necas for Detroit at 9.

Makar is gone top 4 I dont see him being around when we pick.

I picked Petterson but Im not sure he'll make it to 9 either. So probably Necas.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If there's someone Detroit really wants at 7, and Arizona has a couple of guys still clustered together when it comes time to pick, I think a deal could be done to move up those two spots pretty easily. Lot of folks on the trade talks board connecting the dots between Arizona and Mrazek. Wonder if Mrazek with significant retention would do the trick to move up.

I've Mrazek to Arizona, But Chayka is already retaining on Smith so unless Holland eats half of Mrazeks salary and it's for one one year i doubt it would happen. I wouldn't be against moving up a couple of spots to where we should've been to begin with should still land a pretty good prospect there.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
I'm starting to get the feeling that one of the prospects originally projected in the top 3 (Patrick, Hischier, Vilardi) will fall outside of the top 5 as a few teams might prioritize defense over selecting one of the centers. If that turns out to be the case, we should seize the opportunity to trade up and select them.

I am hoping against hope that Patrick's or Vilardi's injuries might scare off a few teams until we can at least buy our way into selecting them.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Makar is gone top 4 I dont see him being around when we pick.

I picked Petterson but Im not sure he'll make it to 9 either. So probably Necas.

I'm hoping he (Makar) drops a little and we do something bold to grab him. I think if we stand pat at 9 it's Necas.
Necas seems to be a popular pick for Detroit in many mock drafts, but I've seen several where he is not chosen until the mid-teens.
I know very little of him outside of what I've read here. Is there any chance he slips and Detroit trades back and still lands him?

On NHL.com's 3 latest mocks they have him going 10, 16 and 19.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->