• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Vindication for the folks who said correctly the playoffs last year were a Rangers failure, not a devils triumph.

I love my analytics and frankly if I were to admit my weaknesses I have a much easier time interpreting numbers than hockey Xs and Os. But I feel like they were just analytics darlings and maybe it points to some weaknesses in analytics. I think analytics are great but any statistician will tell you it's how you interpret the data. Any statistician will tell you stats are not infallible.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Refs clearly did not want that to happen. They grabbed Macdermid and hauled him away from Rempe before there was even a chance they might meet face to face. The other refs/linesman surrounded Rempe immediately
There was no real chance to fight macdermid without shoving refs out of the way. Sure , I guess he could have done it , I have doubts the refs would have let them go however. They really wanted none of that and to send those guys off asap
Oh yeah, the officials immediately surrounded Rempe and started herding him, McDermid dropped his gloves and was headed off by an official. They weren't letting anything happen. McDermid should have actually gotten two and a ten for his actions.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
They were good, but never really great to begin with.

How the Rangers lost to this team in the playoffs last year, after being up 2-0 and not being able to beat a goalie who is currently in the AHL was about the Rangers turning to shit and less about them being great.
A lot of guys had bad stretches at the worst time in particular Panarin and Mika

Reactions: bhamill

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

How the Rangers lost to this team in the playoffs last year, after being up 2-0 and not being able to beat a goalie who is currently in the AHL was about the Rangers turning to shit and less about them being great.
I called this to happen as soon as that series ended. I KNOW my team VERY well!

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
I don't want to hear any shit from fans of a team who had Scott Stevens trying to end people's careers for years.

And if anyone wants more recent vintage of dirty plays. PK Slewban was not that long ago.

I don't like to see players of any stripe get hurt and I hope Seigenthaler (sp?) only suffers from a sore jaw, but all this sanctimonious BS from opposing fans, especially the Devil fans, is just too damn rich.

Rempe will learn. Next that time that hit he threw last night will not include a questionable elbow. It will be a more devastating full body check and I can't wait to see it in it's full glory.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know it's a recent short sample size but Jones/Schneider/Miller have looked pretty good. Heck even Goodrow looks half way decent. I think right now we know who is the worst player pound for pound (dollar for dollar) on this team.

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019

Hubris, and not joking either. Maybe this run the Rangers won't indulge too much on their own press clippings. They can instead just visit this board and read how much they all suck. Motivation.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
IMO the Devils kinda caught lightning in a bottle last year. Sometimes things just click and guys are healthy and they were basically able to constantly catch teams off guard with their speed and transition. But kinda like the Rangers of last year, sometimes when you're relying on that "everything clicks and we just go go go " when it stops clicking you're in a lot of trouble if you don't have some stout basics to fall back on, or a goalie capable of bailing you out, and the Devils don't really have either.

I think they have a lot of talent and need a coach and the right mix of players to bring it together in a way that it'll be sustainable and not just depend on whether they're running hot or cold. But we'll see how it goes for them (hopefully poorly). I'd also worry about Hughes and how often he gets injured...so far it looks like he's going to have to play a very "soft" game and avoid the boards if he wants to stay healthy. Some fans are probably going to then hate him for that, hah. The good thing for his sake is that he's happy to attack the middle of the ice with his quickness rather than stay forced to the outside.

At any rate, whatever. Will worry about them another time.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I love my analytics and frankly if I were to admit my weaknesses I have a much easier time interpreting numbers than hockey Xs and Os. But I feel like they were just analytics darlings and maybe it points to some weaknesses in analytics. I think analytics are great but any statistician will tell you it's how you interpret the data. Any statistician will tell you stats are not infallible.
It's also worth noting that they've fallen off a not insignificant amount compared to their underlying numbers last year.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
The Devils lost their best defenseman for most of the season, Hughes has been banged up a lot, and they've gotten atrocious goaltending. Its not really a surprise they've struggled.

Reactions: Captain Lindy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad