You are GMDP

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
ok lets try. kept my ufas to people i think we really have a chance in signing over lets go for the big name kinda thing.

Draft day.
1) draft BPA in order of jones, mac, barkov
2) Trade Blum/Sk/ other to try and grab one of
Justin Bailey,Connor Hurley,Marko Dano
3) use the later rounds mosrtly on Def to add some more depth there du to many being moved up or shiped off.

Canada day;
1) go after a short plug center pref one that can pass the puck and has skill.
Weiss (5), Roy (4.25) if nether wants to sign then i dot like anyone else in the ufa market enough to take.
2) Top 4 d with experance to help the young guys.
Hainsey(4) Streit(5) Whitney(3.5)
3) get a scoring winger pref one that has some size but not many out there so....
Horton(5) MacArthur(3) Boyes( 2.5) Bouchard (3) Prospal (2.5)
4) back up ggoalie.
rather in this order , Theodore Montoya Greiss

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Draft BPA

Sign Streit

Get best Backup G you can.

Tease Colorado with a package of Radulov and Smith. (They saw what the combo of Smith and Stasny can do too)

Try and get one GOOD buyout candidate for the forwards.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Draft BPA

Sign Streit

Tease Colorado with a package of Radulov and Smith. (They saw what the combo of Smith and Stasny can do too)

Not at 3 years for 5.5-6/per copy ... no way for a 3rd pairing dman

I'm on board with the Colorado idea

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Draft BPA

Sign Streit

one more time for good measure.

the KHL and NHL now respect each other's contracts and Radulov is signed in the KHL for 3 more years.

Rad's rights have ZERO trade value.

Striet is only a good sign if we believe we have a shot at the Cup in the next two years, otherwise he is likely overpaid for what he will bring us

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
A) if you are going to make a move for new forwards you need to move current ones. Also, I just want to get rid of the specter of Rads just go!

B) I see the Preds still as a cup level team especially will a full training camp and practices

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
I'd go 3 yrs/ 5 mil in a heartbeat. Our top 4 would be leathal.

Streit would not be the same player here. Would be much like how mike green off numbers went way down with a new coach and system only streit doesn't have the rest of the game or the young age on his side to adapt to it in my view. On side note I hate typing on an iPhone

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I start by modeling ourselves as the next Boston Bruins.

1. Draft PBA or try to trade pick for Statsny
2. Trade SK +Ellis for a pick
3. Trade Paul Guastad for a Brandon Yip kind of center.
4. Sign two of Nathan Horton, Stephan Weiss, Viktor Stalberg, Michael Ryder, or Ryan Clowe
5. Sign one of Streit, Ference, Hainsey, or Whitney

FORWARDS
Ryane Clowe ($4.500m) / Paul Stastny ($6.600m) / Patric Hornqvist ($4.250m)
Colin Wilson ($2.000m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Filip Forsberg ($1.461m)
Gabriel Bourque ($0.775m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Michael Ryder ($3.000m)
Nick Spaling ($1.100m) / Taylor Beck ($0.887m) / Craig Smith ($2.000m)
DEFENSEMEN
Roman Josi ($3.500m) / Shea Weber ($7.857m)
Kevin Klein ($2.900m) / Ryan Whitney ($2.500m)
Victor Bartley ($0.578m) / Jonathon Blum ($0.715m)
GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)
Jose Theodore ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,822,143; BONUSES: $510,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,987,857

Last edited:

FaceOfTheFranchise

Dec 5, 2006
Murfreesboro, TN
I start by modeling ourselves as the next Boston Bruins.

1. Draft PBA or try to trade pick for Statsny
2. Trade SK +Ellis for a pick
3. Trade Paul Guastad for a Brandon Yip kind of center.
4. Sign two of Nathan Horton, Stephan Weiss, Viktor Stalberg, Michael Ryder, or Ryan Clowe
5. Sign one of Streit, Ference, Hainsey, or Whitney

FORWARDS
Ryane Clowe ($4.500m) / Paul Stastny ($6.600m) / Patric Hornqvist ($4.250m)
Colin Wilson ($2.000m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Filip Forsberg ($1.461m)
Gabriel Bourque ($0.775m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Michael Ryder ($3.000m)
Nick Spaling ($1.100m) / Taylor Beck ($0.887m) / Craig Smith ($2.000m)
DEFENSEMEN
Roman Josi ($3.500m) / Shea Weber ($7.857m)
Kevin Klein ($2.900m) / Ryan Whitney ($2.500m)
Victor Bartley ($0.578m) / Jonathon Blum ($0.715m)
GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)
Jose Theodore ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,822,143; BONUSES: $510,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,987,857

This is a pretty confident expectation that the Preds will be able to sign 3 total (and 2 of the top wingers) free agents this summer without overpaying...save for Ryan Clowe...whatever number he gets over $3.5 mil I will consider overpayment, but that's free agency.

Would love to pick up Michael Ryder, don't see him signing for anything less than $4 mil per though. Has played in defensive systems (Claude Julien's Bruins) and excelled as a high % shooter.

Ryan Whitney would be an interesting pickup. He has had a pretty rough go in Edmonton, but remember this is free agency. With the amount of suitors, no matter how bad he's been recently, I see his price tag in the $3-3.5 mil range. I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money on a player that has been in the pressbox on one of the worst defensive teams in the league this past year.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I'm on board with being the Bruins-lite (we already have the playstyle thoroughly ingrained), but there is no chance in hell we are signing three of the stated free agents in a fairly light FA class. In terms of roster players, I think we are going to likely lose more than we gain or remain close to status quo. Poile offloading SK / Blum / etc. for picks would not surprise me. I think we land one middle tier FA.

I also think we're mediocre for the next year at least (7-11 finish) and possibly another year after that. Maybe NoNeck is wearing off on me haha.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Remember that the cap goes down next year and most teams will be looking to dump some cap.

I could see the preds getting two forwards, one d man, and one backup netminder in free agency.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Now what to do, what to do. We have a crapload of dmen, mostly 3rd pairing calibers. We almost have to unload Blum at the draft. For what though, who knows?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Now what to do, what to do. We have a crapload of dmen, mostly 3rd pairing calibers. We almost have to unload Blum at the draft. For what though, who knows?

Blum will bve traded. I know Philly covets a big ticket defenseman but they are in a tough spot cap wise and their 2nd and 3rd pair d-men are getting cap hits in the 3.5 to 4 mil range.

I wonder if Philly would take Blum and give us Meszaros or Grossman. Yes they downgrade as far as skill but they save cap room of 2.5 to 3 mil

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Blum will bve traded. I know Philly covets a big ticket defenseman but they are in a tough spot cap wise and their 2nd and 3rd pair d-men are getting cap hits in the 3.5 to 4 mil range.

I wonder if Philly would take Blum and give us Meszaros or Grossman. Yes they downgrade as far as skill but they save cap room of 2.5 to 3 mil

This deal makes quite a bit of sense to me.

My #1 preference is using Blum to upgrade a forward (Like Blum+Legwand for Stastny or something), but the odds of that happening are low. If Poile can't find that deal, this is a decent one.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Let me revise my options

If I was GMDP.

1) Just draft the best player available. Rumors are abound, Barkov may stay a year, Nich tore up his KHL deal, COL might not pick Jones. i would not actively pursue a deal let them come to me. If Florida drafts MacK and they was Drouin and offer basically EVERYTHING plus the deed to the arena, I would listen.

2) Get a 2nd. Find a way to turn a 4th into a 2nd. The comments I hear are the 1st rd level talents break between 40-50.

3) After draft, call Edmonton. I honestly think that a SK/Blum deal would be in the best interests for both teams.

4) See if Pitt is thinking of a roster semi blowup. If they are interested in a Luongo deal see if they would part with Vokoun. Not only would it be good PR fodder I would love to have Vokoun as a solid option behind Rinne.

5) Kick the tires on a B. Richards trade, yes I am crazy enough to make a deal like that. IF NYR eats some of the money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad