GDT: Yotes @ Preds Revenge of the Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
What do you base this on? I thought all 8 teams not making it to the 2nd round will have a 12.5% chance of getting the 1st pick. If they do not get the 1st pick they will then be put in the draft order based on end of season standings (%).

How the 2020 NHL Draft Lottery Works
Personal belief.
Bettman will fix this lottery to make sure Pittsburgh gets the first pick if they lose. He would never allow Nashville to get a player of Lafreniere’s caliber. We a condemned to be a 2nd class franchise.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Personal belief.
Bettman will fix this lottery to make sure Pittsburgh gets the first pick if they lose. He would never allow Nashville to get a player of Lafreniere’s caliber. We a condemned to be a 2nd class franchise.

By that reckoning, he wants the Edmonton Oilers to be the flagship program in the league.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
He does...last legs in Pittsburgh. They get it if they get eliminated. McDavid and Draisaitl are the next Crosby/Malkin.Toews/Kane
Actually that series I for 1st overall pick

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Bettman stuck his neck out for the Preds. He'd love nothing more than for this team to luck into Laf without having to go full rebuild and suckage. 2017 was a big moment for Bettman personally because it proved him right all along that Nashville could work. Landing a bonafide superstar and taking the next step would be all the sweeter for him. If not us, then Arizona, supposing the league were in the business of fixing lotteries.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
By that reckoning, he wants the Edmonton Oilers to be the flagship program in the league.
No even he could not help that horrible franchise they just lucked into McDavid. Pittsburgh has to have Stanley Cup winners or the fans lose interest and they go bankrupt and come close to moving. Adding Lafreniere gives them another Cup or 2. It’s going to happen if they lose. I would bet one million dollars cash (if I had it) and my left testicle they win it.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Wow conspiracy theories gone wild.
I tend to think it's more of a "jinx" thing most of the time. But if the 8 teams in the Lafreniere lottery are:
NYR
CHI/EDM
WPG/CAL
ARI/us
MTL/PIT
FLO/NYI
CLB/TOR
MIN/VAN

... there should be some reasonable places for Lafreniere to land that don't have to be NYR/CHI/EDM/PIT/TOR... those seem to be the teams nobody wants to see get the pick. Loser of the bolded series' above would be pretty reasonable, but nobody bothers to put jinxes there...

I still hope Chicago, Winnipeg, Pittsburgh, and Toronto lose, even if it does put them in the lottery. I'm not THAT scared of it getting rigged for one of them... although just the real 50% odds of one of them getting it would be painfully high. :(

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
No even he could not help that horrible franchise they just lucked into McDavid. Pittsburgh has to have Stanley Cup winners or the fans lose interest and they go bankrupt and come close to moving. Adding Lafreniere gives them another Cup or 2. It’s going to happen if they lose. I would bet one million dollars cash (if I had it) and my left testicle they win it.
...well you do have your left testicle right?

Reactions: LCPreds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad