Half-Assed GDT: yet another game? do we have one every day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
It's even worse that the talking heads in the media will be praising the Blues for winning the 4 games this week.

Yes it's nice, but with each game this team wins to try to build optimism, the more sure I am that they'll fall on their face and get swept by the Avalanche.

only way avalanche win a series against anyone is if varlomov stands on his head. he might do it for a series but they arnt a threat to any west team otherwise.

go read other teams boards. they dont want to play us right now and the ones who do the only reason they say that is cause of recent playoff runs. they know this team is playing good hockey and about to get healthy assuming tarasenko is ok.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I want to give props to Allen for his awesome game. 4 goals against doesn't tell the story. If he's not on his game, Stars have at least 7. That last goal he gave up was not pretty, but I'm willing to overlook it after all of his amazing saves tonight.

That last goal wasn't even his fault. It was a deflection by Benn. Expecting a goalie to stop a deflection from that close just isn't realistic.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It's even worse that the talking heads in the media will be praising the Blues for winning the 4 games this week.

Yes it's nice, but with each game this team wins to try to build optimism, the more sure I am that they'll fall on their face and get swept by the Avalanche.
To be fair....even if they were winning decisively, it shouldn't change our playoff hope.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I want to give props to Allen for his awesome game. 4 goals against doesn't tell the story. If he's not on his game, Stars have at least 7. That last goal he gave up was not pretty, but I'm willing to overlook it after all of his amazing saves tonight.

ya allen was good tonight but the 4th goal he was too deep in his net there. but the blues gave up alot of breakaways that he stopped so it evens out at the end of the day.

this team is playing good hockey right now and about to get healthy. they fall behind and find ways to come back, especially in third periods against good teams. sure they would have loved to win in regulation but **** happens. they didnt pout and found a way to win both games. if the goaltending holds up they will be a threat in the playoffs. their special teams are too good this year to not keep them in every game.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
only way avalanche win a series against anyone is if varlomov stands on his head. he might do it for a series but they arnt a threat to any west team otherwise.

go read other teams boards. they dont want to play us right now and the ones who do the only reason they say that is cause of recent playoff runs. they know this team is playing good hockey and about to get healthy assuming tarasenko is ok.
Yeah I'd love to know which teams are shaking in their boots about playing the Blues. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you made that up.

The Blues' playoff history is a pretty big joke on HFBoards, as it should be.

After losing to the Wild, we really don't have any room to talk about another team having no chance against us. The Blues have proven just as much as the Avalanche.

Spicy Panger

Jan 17, 2015
After losing to the Wild, we really don't have any room to talk about another team having no chance against us. The Blues have proven just as much as the Avalanche.

This.

Got really tiring to hear how confident people were last year when we drew the Wild.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
season high 6 game win streak, most of the wins against west playoff teams. but lets all be negative and complain about our team scoring 10 goals on back to backs and being in first place.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
season high 6 game win streak, most of the wins against west playoff teams. but lets all be negative and complain about our team scoring 10 goals on back to backs and being in first place.

It's not being negative, just staying even keel. Don't get too low or too high. Hell if I was a cap fan, I'd feel exactly like this too. Sometimes after all the season, the regular season just isn't a good indicator what's going to happen in April.

The one reason why I'm "hopeful" is because these boys were actually embarrassed last year...losing to Chicago and LA they seemed to have the "well we gave it our best and we were close". Against the Wild...that was an eye opener that they didn't have the hunger to win

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I can't stop thinking about them blowing yet another last minute lead with the goalie pulled, at this point it's like clockwork. The other team doesn't even look like they're desperate at all, like they know they just have to play around the horn and shot, it will eventually go in before the clock runs out.

Okay maybe that last part is a little much, but dammit I don't even get excited about these big wins anymore. 2 years ago the Blues looked great, but couldn't beat the best teams in the west. This year they look like **** almost all the time, but beat the best teams in the west, yet CANNOT hold a lead and have to win in OT or the shootout. It's incredibly frustrating.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
The blown leads are annoying as **** but I like the way they are playing right now. Even with a lead they are forechecking hard, the dmen are pinching aggressively and he's playing the kids and scorers late. I'd rather give up a goal like that than setting up a 1-2-2 and having our defenseman backup to our own goal line. Some insanely gifted players scored for Chicago late and Fabbri took a dumb penalty tonight. It happens. A 4-0 week is impressive no matter how you slice it.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
This has been a weird year no doubt. They don't pass the eye test by many in here including me. But are now tied for 2nd best record in the league. Even strength scoring has really picked up. Getting Steen and Ott back is really going to help. If they can figure out how to maintain a lead, I'd at least expect them to make a strong push in the first round. Maybe a 7 game series.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Roussel slash of Tarasenko

without a doubt and it got them a loser point for doing so since it went uncalled.

thats fine though. lets hope tarasenko is ok and then we can all sit back and watch those scrubs get swept by the hawks.

Spicy Panger

Jan 17, 2015
Reaves just made Brouwer eat his own booger while winning the Panger Award. Funniest thing I've seen all week

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Gotta give props to Stastny he has been very good recently. He has been picking up points but lots of other stuff he is doing very well on, was great on the boards forechecking tonight in particular.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Get done watching my DVR of the Blues beating the conference leader on the road on a back to back, after a week where they beat both the Blackhawks and the Ducks. Blues are now ties for the conference lead after improbably finding a way to get 6 points out of those games despite questionable officiating.

Come to the HF board and it reads as though the Blues got blown out. Almost nothing but gloom and complaints.

Is there any outcome where you guys would take some satisfaction? We are witnessing a team that keeps finding a way to win, even when the tank is empty as it so obviously was at the end of regulation tonight.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Get done watching my DVR of the Blues beating the conference leader on the road on a back to back, after a week where they beat both the Blackhawks and the Ducks. Blues are now ties for the conference lead after improbably finding a way to get 6 points out of those games despite questionable officiating.

Come to the HF board and it reads as though the Blues got blown out. Almost nothing but gloom and complaints.

Is there any outcome where you guys would take some satisfaction? We are witnessing a team that keeps finding a way to win, even when the tank is empty as it so obviously was at the end of regulation tonight.

Hold a two goal lead in regulation.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

I think not giving up 2 goal leads in the third and looking like they have a pulse vs an empty net would be a good start. There's no 3 on 3 or shootouts in the playoffs. Hard to really measure success when we've played 21 OT games this season.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
If it were us who kept coming back from big deficits, I'd be happy that the team was "finding a way to win". As it is it seems more like they are finding a way not to lose

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
Was any one else shocked to see the Pietro bobblehead look eerily similar to the Sedin's when just so happen to play Vancouver that night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad