Half-Assed GDT: yet another game? do we have one every day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
The Blues could have gone 0-3 and some of you would have been no more upset.

In other news, Allen is back in form. He was huge tonight.

ya allen has the starting gig locked down already aslong as hes healthy. team seems to score more and play better behind him too. 6 game winning streak is the longest of the year.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The Blues could have gone 0-3 and some of you would have been no more upset.

In other news, Allen is back in form. He was huge tonight.
You can cut the holier than thou stuff, you know damn well what everyone here wants to see until they are satisfied so I don't know why you keep fighting it. It's only been talked about forever.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Get done watching my DVR of the Blues beating the conference leader on the road on a back to back, after a week where they beat both the Blackhawks and the Ducks. Blues are now ties for the conference lead after improbably finding a way to get 6 points out of those games despite questionable officiating.

Come to the HF board and it reads as though the Blues got blown out. Almost nothing but gloom and complaints.

Is there any outcome where you guys would take some satisfaction? We are witnessing a team that keeps finding a way to win, even when the tank is empty as it so obviously was at the end of regulation tonight.

I think it's pretty obvious what would've been more satisfying, holding a 2 goal lead in the third period. Blues have given up the most goals against in the entire league when the other team has their net empty. Obviously there's a good side to that in that in order for the other team to pull their goalie, the Blues have to be winning late in the third. However, watching them blow ANOTHER 2 goal lead in the third period is pretty infuriating. If it only happened every once in a while, I don't think we'd be too upset. When you can set your ****ing watch by it, there's an issue. If you can't close out close games in the regular season, how in the hell will you do it in the playoffs when teams go full desperation mode at the end of the game?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Damn Dallas can easily shutdown our PP, end of 3rd period Tarasenko switched himself to right side and PP instantly clicked again. Is this Muller really that stubborn or just stupid he cannot see how that set-up have to play and what works?
Second what is this bs boys cannot carry the puck on o-zone in PP. Lonely guy try to dangle by himself in the wall and that is our set-up play? Even I can write down couple set-ups dropp pass and spread game to get in o-zone. Pathetic just pathetic.

How Stastny don't burry that shot in the net when they are on PK and empty net?

Shattery looks lost at d-zone too often. Gunnar cannot help him at all.

Thanks to Allen we didn't {lose}. IF Allen goes soft mode this team cannot done anything, even team like Dallas can come back when they goaltender is like Niemi, Jeesus he was terrible.

We haven't get humiliated yet, kind of feel bad that when real games starts we know what is going to happend. Another ****ing letdown, colic and downgrade mode.

10r9nu.jpg

Positive, Brouwer is our 2nd best forward. :deadhorse

Last edited by a moderator:

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I can't stop thinking about them blowing yet another last minute lead with the goalie pulled, at this point it's like clockwork. The other team doesn't even look like they're desperate at all, like they know they just have to play around the horn and shot, it will eventually go in before the clock runs out.

Okay maybe that last part is a little much, but dammit I don't even get excited about these big wins anymore. 2 years ago the Blues looked great, but couldn't beat the best teams in the west. This year they look like **** almost all the time, but beat the best teams in the west, yet CANNOT hold a lead and have to win in OT or the shootout. It's incredibly frustrating.

Let's be honest, though. That last goal against us was a 6 on 4. Any team would have had difficulty not giving up a goal to the highest scoring team in the league. I'm not excusing our woes in putting teams away. It needs to be fixed, but I'm more pissed off about the slash on Tarasenko not being called by the refs, and then turning around and calling one on us at the other end. If you are going to let the teams play and put your whistle away, do it for both teams. I know I'm biased, but it really seems like some of the refs hate the blues sometimes.

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
C'mon guys don't you get it? Anything good we do in the regular season isn't good enough because it's just that, the regular season. But anything we do bad in the regular season is exactly why we won't make it past the 1st round!

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Let's be honest, though. That last goal against us was a 6 on 4. Any team would have had difficulty not giving up a goal to the highest scoring team in the league. I'm not excusing our woes in putting teams away. It needs to be fixed, but I'm more pissed off about the slash on Tarasenko not being called by the refs, and then turning around and calling one on us at the other end. If you are going to let the teams play and put your whistle away, do it for both teams. I know I'm biased, but it really seems like some of the refs hate the blues sometimes.

its cause they do. they clearly favor certain teams like the hawks and habs. all you need to do is watch enough of their games to see that their is a certain agenda for those teams. all teams deal with bad calls but certain teams are so beneficiary to the bad calls its amazing. its no different than in baseball where certain pitchers get bigger strike zones.

the refs this week were a disgrace and the fact that the blues overcame that and slapped these teams silly, is nice to see

lets just hope tarasenko is ok. id hate to see him go down out of the lineup after another missed call by the zebras... just like steen did and allen did

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The standard of refereeing this season is notably worse than in past years. We've had both the advantage and disadvantage of that over the season.

I'm not going to start complaining about referees giving some teams more than they give others. It is absolutely the case that some teams get more borderline calls, and that is part of natural human bias that is nearly impossible to remove. Want to get more benefit from that? Be a consistent winner and that bias will fall in your favour.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The standard of refereeing this season is notably worse than in past years. We've had both the advantage and disadvantage of that over the season.

I'm not going to start complaining about referees giving some teams more than they give others. It is absolutely the case that some teams get more borderline calls, and that is part of natural human bias that is nearly impossible to remove. Want to get more benefit from that? Be a consistent winner and that bias will fall in your favour.

True but it's getting harder to watch games when the refs determine a larger portion of the game. If they call the slash on Tarasenko at the end Dallas doesn't go on the PP 30 seconds later.

It's not just the refs miss calls, make phantom calls, do make up calls for previous bad calls, but they also get in the way a lot.

I have the solution and maybe in 200 years it'll be in use.

Put the refs off the in high chairs similar to volleyball. Keep them off the ice. Make 3 refs and 2 linesmen. Put 2 refs on same side of ice on the blue line. Put 3rd ref on opposite side of ice on red line.

The two linesmen are for dropping the puck and to be on the ice for fights and scrums.

The two blue line refs watch the play around the puck and offsides. The red line ref intentionally watches play away from the puck.

That gets all refs linesmen out of the way at least 99% of the time. The refs could actually watch the game instead of being part of it and missing a ton of stuff.

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
The biggest piece of **** in the league lumberjacked his wrist

Everybody think Reeves is dirty, but he hits with his body. He rarely uses his stick or elbows. I think Roussel needs a good beat down in game 1, and keep him looking over his shoulder the whole series. Take him out of the game (mentally) and they aren't as physical of a team. Beat his arse!! Goad him into retaliating and make Spezza, Benn and Seguin targets.

We can beat that team!

Last edited:

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Damn Dallas can easily shutdown our PP, end of 3rd period Tarasenko switched himself to right side and PP instantly clicked again. Is this Muller really that stubborn or just stupid he cannot see how that set-up have to play and what works?
Second what is this bs boys cannot carry the puck on o-zone in PP. Lonely guy try to dangle by himself in the wall and that is our set-up play? Even I can write down couple set-ups dropp pass and spread game to get in o-zone. Pathetic just pathetic.

How Stastny don't burry that shot in the net when they are on PK and empty net?

Shattery looks lost at d-zone too often. Gunnar cannot help him at all.

Thanks to Allen we didn't {lose}. IF Allen goes soft mode this team cannot done anything, even team like Dallas can come back when they goaltender is like Niemi, Jeesus he was terrible.

We haven't get humiliated yet, kind of feel bad that when real games starts we know what is going to happend. Another ****ing letdown, colic and downgrade mode.

10r9nu.jpg

Positive, Brouwer is our 2nd best forward. :deadhorse

Not sure why Stastny is on here. He's not the captain. Has played very well last few weeks playing third line minutes.

This team's six game win streak is quite overblown. The way they finish (or lack thereof) could have us easily in third place by a nice margin.

They can't hold leads. Lack mettle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad