Post-Game Talk: Yes there is hockey tonight too, caps vs sens 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
About Alzner's shot...

I call bunk that he cannot step into shots like that more than once a season. What about a little bounce pass off the boards up to him at LP?

No matter how bad his shot is with his skates still, he could try to use it more than he does. How bad can it be? He could stand to pad his PDO60 anyways.

Players need to get outside their comfort zones to improve their game.

It's about time to air out the grievances.

frank-costanza.jpg

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
About Alzner's shot...

I call bunk that he cannot step into shots like that more than once a season. What about a little bounce pass off the boards up to him at LP?

No matter how bad his shot is with his skates still, he could try to use it more than he does. How bad can it be? He could stand to pad his PDO60 anyways.

Players need to get outside their comfort zones to improve their game.

It's about time to air out the grievances.
That is a Norris nomination type shot.

I've been watching him regularly since he was in Hershey, and that was the first time I've ever seen him do anything close like that. Hell, over the past two years he's finally putting shots on net. He was always doing the purposely wide shots prior.

I think a lot of us are expecting Orpik to hit a decline and no longer be a very good defender.

Well, he's playing really good hockey right now.

7 hits tonight and an assist. He's huge on the PK too which right now is hottest in the league.

He's been surprisingly solid - and that's great. Maybe he will hold up throughout this contract and be an important piece of leadership/physical play we don't realize until afterwards.
It has been awesome to see after last year. He is picking his spots better and he seems to be picking up the intensity the past handful of games. Hopefully it rubs off a little bit.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
That is a Norris nomination type shot.

I've been watching him regularly since he was in Hershey, and that was the first time I've ever seen him do anything close like that. Hell, over the past two years he's finally putting shots on net. He was always doing the purposely wide shots prior.

That was the first time I think I have ever seen him try to crush one like that.

I think it would be smart of Barry to tell the forwards to tee them up for him more often. And tell Karl to start blasting away. That shot looked great and he should be able to replicate it.

Many scoff at his goal totals as luck, but I have been quietly hoping for him to take strides towards being more offensive, and adding a shot to his arsenal using his shot seems a fine place to start.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It has been awesome to see after last year. He is picking his spots better and he seems to be picking up the intensity the past handful of games. Hopefully it rubs off a little bit.

From game one to game 36 Orpik has easily been the Caps best defender, I don't think it even that close.

He keeps the crease clear and is noticeably faster than he was last season (injury related for sure).

If he continues this play the Caps are lucky to have him, no matter the contract.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Ovie? He's not good in the d zone.

Literally anyone on this team could hit the empty net - most of the team has the skating skills and hands to do it. They're coached to be conservative - don't do anything that could give the game away.

That said, it's questionable whether the likes of Carlson and Niskanen could hit the back of an empty net right now, even a few feet from it...

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
From game one to game 36 Orpik has easily been the Caps best defender, I don't think it even that close.

He keeps the crease clear and is noticeably faster than he was last season (injury related for sure).

If he continues this play the Caps are lucky to have him, no matter the contract.

Niskanen begs to differ. Still the best Caps D overall.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia

3rd pair. Low QoC. Low TOI.

It's nice he's good with limited workload. If he's that good in playoffs - then we're talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad