Yes or no... Adam Larsson for Nail Yakupov?

• Thread starter DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
  • Start date

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
so you want to trade a 20 year old defenseman for..... a young guy who is healthy benched on a team that uses young guys, is unwilling to change his style which involves no two-way play, no forechecking and apparently not wanted to skate all the time, and has been cited as a likely flight risk

wow.

etsamee

Oct 14, 2013
Don't get all the talk about him bolting to Russia, the guy's agent's Larionov (Loktionov's agent as well), so i doubt that is really an option, tbh.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I agree that LArsson is not looking like a top pairing Dman at this point in his career. He most likely becomes a second pairing D. Look at the recent young Dmen that came into the league and become top pairing D's.

Karlsson
Subban
Pieterangelo
Mcdonaugh
OEL
Doughty

All of these guys showed within their rookie or sophomore years that they were eventually gonna become franchise defenseman at some point, heck some of them were franchise Dmen on their sophomore year. On the other hand Larsson has been very average during hif first two years, a similar player would be Hedman which actually had a much better sophomore year than Larsson did but still probably never gets labeled as a franchise Dman.

Watch Seth Jones, Jonas Brodin or Jacob Trouba this year and tell me that they won't become franchise Dman, it's been a handful of games but they've showed such potential, poise and consistency which Larsson hasn't been even close of.

Don't get me wrong he might still become the player which he was drafted to be but I have serious doubts, that Sami Salo comparison is starting to look serious, unfortunately Larsson doesn't have his shot from the point.

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Trouba already looks like a solid DMan

meanwhile his college D partner (who many predicted would be better) toils in Albany

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I agree that LArsson is not looking like a top pairing Dman at this point in his career. He most likely becomes a second pairing D. Look at the recent young Dmen that came into the league and become top pairing D's.

Karlsson
Subban
Pieterangelo
Mcdonaugh
OEL
Doughty

All of these guys showed within their rookie or sophomore years that they were eventually gonna become franchise defenseman at some point, heck some of them were franchise Dmen on their sophomore year. On the other hand Larsson has been very average during hif first two years, a similar player would be Hedman which actually had a much better sophomore year than Larsson did but still probably never gets labeled as a franchise Dman.

Watch Seth Jones and Jacob Trouba this year and tell me that they won't become franchise Dman, it's been a handful of games but they've showed such potential, poise and consistency which Larsson hasn't been even close of.

Don't get me wrong he might still become the player which he was drafted to be but I have serious doubts, that Sami Salo comparison is starting to look serious, unfortunately Larsson doesn't have his shot from the point.

Couldn't agree more.

Very solid post :handclap:

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I miss the days when the Devils were lauded as *the* team that could develop defensive prospects.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Trouba already looks like a solid DMan

meanwhile his college D partner (who many predicted would be better) toils in Albany

True... but his college D partner didn't miss a seasons and a half for whatever reasons.

Why throw him to the wolves when we can just take our time and teach him what he needs to learn, the proper way. The same should've been done with Larsson but we were in desperate need of a d-man who can do the little things Larsson does best... it's just the rest of his game that didn't grow properly.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011

Karlsson
Subban
Pieterangelo
Mcdonaugh
OEL
Doughty

Watch Seth Jones and Jacob Trouba this year and tell me that they won't become franchise Dman, it's been a handful of games but they've showed such potential, poise and consistency which Larsson hasn't been even close of.

Chara looked like **** before he turned 24. Trouba won't be a franchise Dman. This is getting out of control crazy. Young defenseman is a rarity not the standard.

MountainGoat

I miss the days when the Devils were lauded as *the* team that could develop defensive prospects.

which makes it even harder to look at our blueline and wonder how Lou can think it's acceptable

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Chara looked like **** before he turned 24. Trouba won't be a franchise Dman. This is getting out of control crazy. Young defenseman is a rarity not the standard.

Trouba will become a franchise defense-man, watch the Jets games and if you still deny I wouldn't know what to say. Chara wasn't even a first rounder, he also was a freak of nature that probably couldn't handle his own body. He was a total project and he panned, he's a total exception.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think I'd rather get him for Eberle too.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not ready to give up on him either, but that certainly doesn't mean he's untouchable to me.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yea, move this 20 year old bust now before it's too late. :sarcasm:

No thanks to Yakupov...

jp7

Aug 13, 2011
I very much doubt the Oilers would do this. Mean no offense, but if we're trading a 20 year old 1st overall pick who has 52 games under his belt it's going to be packaged for a proven #1 (which aren't availible) or some solid goaltending. I don't think you guys should be getting rid of Larsson yet either, and I doubt your GM wants another high profile russian on your team after the Kovy fiasco. No from both sides.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Larsson looked really solid when he first started too

Trouba looks better than solid, I'd even say he looks great. I've been trying to follow him this year and dare I say he looks like the Jets best D this year. He's made some mistakes but still when compared to Bogo, Buff and Enstrom he has been the most consistent. Not to hijack the thread into a Trouba lovefest but watch him play a game or two and try then compare him with Larsson, I don't think Larsson wins in any aspect other than a slight advantage with size but don't get me wrong Trouba has been throwing his body all over the place and has already had a decent amount of impact hits this year.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Watch Larsson in November of 2011.

I'm not dismissing Trouba at all he's great but both have great potential. It's too early to make declarative statements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad