Yegor Sharangovich

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
Coming here as a fantasy fan, what is up with this guy? All preseason projections pointed to him having a breakout season but I've noticed that a player like Erik Haula has now passed him on the depth chart. Is this due to individual performance or is Ruff just trying to create 3rd line depth?

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Coming here as a fantasy fan, what is up with this guy? All preseason projections pointed to him having a breakout season but I've noticed that a player like Erik Haula has now passed him on the depth chart. Is this due to individual performance or is Ruff just trying to create 3rd line depth?
The devils have a good top 9 that has been mixed up quite a bit. He’s a pretty streaky player who could catch fire at some point. Haula isn’t necessarily over him on the depth chart. They have massively different roles.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It’s just the way the lineup has shaken out so far. I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes back with Jack at some point and gets on a roll. I don’t think Haula stays with Jack. He doesn’t play much on the PP so that hurts him, but I still think he’ll hit 20 goals this year.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Ruff's had the line blender out since the opening period of the season. Palat's injury shuffled things further, plus the Devils are trying to juggle playing time for Alex Holtz, Jesper Boqvist, Zetterlund, Andreas Johnsson, and their usual 4th liners McLeod and Bastian. Even on the third line, he'll have some good linemates and be expected to score. But it probably won't be quite the productive season as if he'd been stapled to Hughes' wing (like he should be, in my opinion).

I think Sharangovich ends up back in the top-6 pretty soon. He's outplayed Haula and Tatar in my opinion. But the wins started coming as Shara was moved off Hughes' wing, and Ruff is very much a "don't fix what isn't broken" guy, even though Hughes has had a slow start relative to expectations.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
He is not a well rounded player by any means, He just has a great shot so when he's not scoring he's not doing anything. Expect him to score in bunches and have hot and cold stretches.

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
Appreciate all the responses Devil's faithful! Thanks again for your time! Here is to hoping he can top 50 points! 😀

Reactions: My3Sons

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I wouldn't worry about him.
I think he's been pretty good? Steals pucks like crazy, has the weapons to turn those turnovers into goals, and is streaky. Think he's at least a 20-20 guy.
Yes. I'm not at all worried about Sharangovich. He'll get his points, and he's a solid PK guy to boot. Excellent supplemental player for this lineup.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
He is not a well rounded player by any means, He just has a great shot so when he's not scoring he's not doing anything. Expect him to score in bunches and have hot and cold stretches.
This is not true. He's good defensively and an underrated playmaker. He probably deserves power play time but maybe he'll get there next year with Tatar gone.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I've come to the conclusion that he's a good third liner that can score 20 goals with his shot and can PK and be a SH goal threat.

I don't think he is consistent enough to be a top 6 winger. But that's fine for the team, it means he shouldn't be too costly to re-sign.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

This assessment is far more accurate than the one directly prior.

Unlike Tatar and Haula (the latter of whom has provided a responsible presence to allow Bratt and Hughes to freewheel), Sharangovich's primary value is that of a sniper. When he is not scoring he is rather pedestrian.

One area that is an exception is on the penalty kill - where he has been effective and is also a threat to score shorthanded.

Reactions: Xirik

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I think having Sharangovich on PK is pretty smart, as long as he can keep up with the responsibilities of the PK role. So far so good.

Overall, he is streaky, yes. He is rather pedestrian when he is not scoring, I agree with that (right now). But but but, he is young, and his game has plenty of time to mature/grow more. We haven't seen a guy on this team, with that elite kind of snipe since Kovalchuk, and Kovy had one of the best wristers in the game throughout his career, so putting that in comparison is a good place to be. I wish Rango had slightly better wheels, but that isn't to say he is slow, maybe slightly above average.

Having him and Nico come down on a 2v1 will give goalie a lot of problems because that shot is so lethal. That goal he scored in Detroit is perfect example of it. I was pretty sure if he had also made the pass to Nico, Nico would have had half the net to bury it. So that tandem coming down with speed will be something to worry bout for other teams' PP.

Reactions: My3Sons

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
aynepotter.gif

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
This was originally a fantasy hockey question.

Shara has only had 1:31 on the PP and I don’t know if that’s changing soon. He should get more at some point but *shrug*

If he’s not riding shotgun with Jack or Nico and not getting PP time he’s still a useful player for us but he might be a somewhat disappointing fantasy hockey player.

I’m not going to lie, keeping Shara on a not too expensive extension would be pretty sweet so I don’t mind him not getting major PP time lol. (Sorry OP’s fantasy team.)

He’s a f***ing terror on the PK now, it’s pretty sexy.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I thought that Mercer line in whole was impressive against Vancouver, especially Sharangovich who was really using his speed. Near 50 point pace is perfect to me on the 3rd line.
Seriously speaking, I do not know where criticism or words about his limitations as a player come from this season. I hope guys like Xirik are just joking and trolling, because Xirik is smart enough, maybe not as much as I am - I can bend iron with my mind.
But in fact, this season Yegor wins the fight at the board, helps to keep the puck in the zone, gives accurate passes in cycling, takes the puck and takes it out of defense. He is a top-6 player, he scores points at the level of a top-6 player without playing in the top-6 at the same time, and now he plays in the third link so that line can defend and support the attack, keep the puck in the opponent's zone. Yes, he is not the best puck handler, but he protects the puck well with his body and can give a competent pass either to a partner or to the zone to continue the fight.

I'm just too lazy to make another video cut with an analysis of his game and emphasizing how his actions affect the game situation and how he acts in difficult situations, just for the sake of dunking respected and(but) incompetent people`s face into their own delusions. I am sure that people may not appreciate all the grace of such a wonderful educational gesture. And this in an unimaginable way may seem like an unfriendly gesture, which of course it is not. Exceptional good nature, manifested through caring banter.
Of course I like Yegor as a hockey player, but I also like Mercer, Hishier(<v>) and other Devils players. Everyone deserves criticism, but only objective and with respect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad