Player Discussion: Yegor Chinakhov

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Are Sillinger, Marchenko, Chinakov, Johnson and Voronkov all core players for the future? They can’t all be bridge deals because the day of reckoning if contracts expire in close proximity will limit who can be extended.

The franchise needs to decide which guys get shorter term bridge deals and longer term (5+) deals. Who gets what is a tough call but I don’t want Jarmo making those calls.
I don't know Moe (or Curly or Larry before DSL jumps in). If all 5 are bridged for say an average of 4.5mm that is 22.5mm a year for 3 years. if 2 guys are extended LT for say 7 and the other 3 go for 3.5 thats 24.5mm a year. So when the other 3 will need a new contract the Jackets will have 14 mm tied up in 2 guys and Fantilli will have been signed long term the year before.

Not all 3 of the bridged guys will most likely not required big $$ deals 3 years from now. The cap will keep rising. Laine might be gone. Provorov will gone, I don't think there is much risk of getting into cap hell by bridging all 5 guys.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
the usual suspects would be happy as ticks on a buck for something to cry about and blame Jarmo for

If he had said “We already have a lot of money invested in wings and didn’t think it was the correct move for the franchise to give a long and expensive contract to another wing.” I would have been impressed.

Jarmo used to do the unexpected. That was when I liked Jarmo. If he is doing things just so people on HF won’t get mad, he shouldn’t be a GM.

Jarmo’s moves the last few seasons are GM trying to save his job type moves not Jarmo is a wizard type moves.

Signing the best UFAs like Gaudreau and Severson is a winner’s curse situation. Anyone who understands free agency knows getting the best free agents means bad contracts.

Adding a bad contract when your team is close and going for it is one thing. Adding bad contracts when your team is not very good is usually not the smart play.

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
Can you imagine the posts from people if it came out that Gaudreau WANTED to be here and we DIDNT sign him. And then he signed somewhere else in the division or conference?

People would want Jarmo fired even more than signing him and having a lackluster season.
bingo lol

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How good could he become? 80 point player seem within reach?

It's hard to tell. He's scored something like 20 pts in his last 24 games, but this is his first big scoring run of his career. The basic skills and hockey sense are all there, the shot is elite. There's nothing that makes me think he can't be a point per game guy. Goal scorers run hot and cold though, maybe 60 pts is a smarter bet.

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
Contract expectation?
hard to say, i would hope for a bridge type deal ( prove it deal ) maybe 2-3 years 2.5m-3.8m ? i could be out for lunch tho i have no idea ? these expiring contract affect our future so much im really curious what we do with all of them

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
hard to say, i would hope for a bridge type deal ( prove it deal ) maybe 2-3 years 2.5m-3.8m ? i could be out for lunch tho i have no idea ? these expiring contract affect our future so much im really curious what we do with all of them
1709780035274.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad