Yeah Yeah Yeah, Patience. How Long Will That Take? (CBA & Lockout Discussion) XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

@brianlawton9: Odds are that @nhlpa @nhl have a deal worked out with in 3-5 days from today! #itstimetomakeadeal both parties seeing the realities if not!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
@brianlawton9: Odds are that @nhlpa @nhl have a deal worked out with in 3-5 days from today! #itstimetomakeadeal both parties seeing the realities if not!

I don't think he has any NHL or PA connections?

Hanklite*

So that guy Brian Lawton is:

Former #NHL Player, #NHLPA Certified Agent, and #NHL General Manager, VP and Alternate Governor

Seems like a conflict of interest to be both an agent and GM...

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Fehr got lost. The meeting was taking place right across the street from the hotel, but he went out the back door instead of the front door. Give the guy a break.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
guys this will take WEEKS of negotiations to get a done...not 2 days

as long as they continue to meet and negotiate, its the best we can hope for

Yes but the PA's stance has always been that they are fine to start a season while negotiations are going on. These meetings will sculpt the framework of the new CBA and it will be clear to bothsides a deal is there. I see no reason a training camp couldn't start over the few weeks it takes for the minor kinks to be worked out.

If that happens to be the case then we can only hope and pray that Bettman or Fehr don't use it as an opportunity to "sneak one past the goalie".

dougieg93

Pray for Parayko
Jun 17, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Yes but the PA's stance has always been that they are fine to start a season while negotiations are going on. These meetings will sculpt the framework of the new CBA and it will be clear to bothsides a deal is there. I see no reason a training camp couldn't start over the few weeks it takes for the minor kinks to be worked out.

If that happens to be the case then we can only hope and pray that Bettman or Fehr don't use it as an opportunity to "sneak one past the goalie".

Thanks to Fehr striking before the baseball playoffs, no league would start a season without a CBA.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Former #NHL Player, #NHLPA Certified Agent, and #NHL General Manager, VP and Alternate Governor

Gillis begs to differ.

Lawton is pretty reliable. He called the Suter to Wild deal first, the night before he signed.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Please get this done.

I need to review the trade board...outside of the big 2, I forget who went where.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
I know Darche is educated but do you think anyone asks why he's there if he's not getting a contract in the NHL.

Plus when I hear his name all I picture is this..

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
james duthieVerified‏@tsnjamesduthie

Got a package today from Alberta...A Flames sweater with a note asking me to forward the sweater and this letter: pic.twitter.com/hHvAdPt7

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

Well, he wasn't an agent and a GM at the same time.

Gillis in Vancouver is a former agent. Brian Burke is a former player agent. I'm pretty sure there have been more.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
james duthieVerified‏@tsnjamesduthie

Got a package today from Alberta...A Flames sweater with a note asking me to forward the sweater and this letter: pic.twitter.com/hHvAdPt7

A7IPt-TCIAAu50J.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad