Post-Series Talk: Vancouver Canucks defeat the Nashville Predators 4-2

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
He did very little. Nashville rarley got a shot on net harder than a pass.
Surprise surprise, BMH here to shit on everyone and everything that's not his favourite team.

Silovs didn't make a ton of tough saves, but there were a lot of screens and in close chances, bounce plays, where he swallowed the puck and never let out a rebound. That's a good sign.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
GG Nashville. There’s a reason the Preds were the top team in the second half of the season, they played well.

Some may look at the low scoring and shot totals and call the series boring, in reality the series was a battle that was tightly fought to the end with not much given up by either team.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Not the result they wanted, but an impressive season from Nashville

lawrence

May 19, 2012
edit. What I wanted to say, was meant to be in the Canucks only forum.

Last edited:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Congrats to the Deranged Oreo Dolphins….er um Vancouver Canucks.

I can't believe how much I heard Nyquist's name. Need more talent.
How do they acquire talent? Free Agents laugh at Trotz, they are near the top of most no trade lists, the franchise has only drafted in the top 10 once in 2 decades. They are stuck in the 15 to 25 drafting range never bad enough to get real game changing talent

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
How do they acquire talent? Free Agents laugh at Trotz, they are near the top of most no trade lists, the franchise has only drafted in the top 10 once in 2 decades. They are stuck in the 15 to 25 drafting range never bad enough to get real game changing talent

Probably the UFA route. I'd go hard at a Reinhart or Stamkos. I think adding 30-40 goals would make them a real threat next year.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
GG preds. I think It would have ended sooner if Petterson is 100% and we had a healthy Demko. But injuries are part of the game. Everyone has them, I know. Preds played very well and did what they could, strategically to try to win.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I've never seen a playoff series in my entire life where the other team tried their best to injure our players.

it also felt like the refs didn't do us any justice. Typical Canuck reffing. But thats just me. I'm glad we got through round 1. Lets hope for the best.
I wouldn't take it that far. They had a target on Hughes as they should. They got away with a bit more than the Canucks but it was a hard fought series. Only things I was not entirely happy about was running DeSmith and Hitting Pettersson after they got goal .

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
That was one heck of a grinding, defensive structure stalemate of a series. Certainly not the prettiest hockey ever. Quite the slog to get through. Both teams just falling into their defensive structure and waiting for the other team to make mistakes to capitalize and counterattack...and very few instances of that actually happening. Very few major mistakes or breakdowns to jump on either way.

Real stressful, nail-biter of a series. Through the majority of pretty much every game.

Hard fought series. Vancouver having some of their high end talent and their depth show up at critical moments was just narrowly the difference. Especially while trying to overcome multiple goalie injuries in a tightly contested, "cards close to the chest" series like this.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I wouldn't take it that far. They had a target on Hughes as they should. They got away with a bit more than the Canucks but it was a hard fought series. Only things I was not entirely happy about was running DeSmith and Hitting Pettersson after they got goal .

the hits on Hughes were clean, It was more the full out hit on Casey Desmith in game 3, than the Nashville player, who slammed into Sil0vs in game 5 like a newbie who can't stop on his own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad