Yeah so, the Memorial Cup.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Something that could be interesting is Seattle or Kamloops could play a gruelling 3 in 3 at a critical time in the tournament if either team loses today and wins the tiebreak tomorrow.

It will be interesting today how everything plays out, but as Bra Wavers mentioned, tonight’s game is a big one as both team will be desperate to avoid the tiebreaker. Kamloops also wants redemption from losing their conference final to Seattle. Meanwhile, Peterborough gets a day of rest and have their confidence after defeating Quebec last night.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
The Gaucher goal was during a 4 on 4 so it was obviously more difficult for the Petes to clog the neutral zone with so much more ice. The Malatesta goal was the one really bad sequence for the Petes that I saw, and during the intermission the analysts showed how he got all alone 3 separate times on the same shift, the third of which resulted in the goal. I'd be much more concerned with cleaning up that one than the Gaucher goal if I were the Petes coaching staff.

For the most part though, the Petes played good Petes hockey, sitting back, stifling the Remparts and waiting to pounce on their mistakes. The Petes played well. Hopefully they carry their good play over to the tie breaker.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
The Peterborough Petes got their revenge on Kamloops for running the score on them on Sunday by winning the tie breaker in overtime and eliminating them from the Memorial Cup.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
These are late games for Peterborough folks to watch at home but worth it. (even later start tonight) What a comeback for the boys, a real character win. In OT we were outplayed but we clogged up the lanes in our end. Man playing with fire. That game could have gone either way.

I have no idea how we will prepare for Seattle but I have faith in this team and the coaches.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I expect the Petes will win the crowd support battle tonight vs Seattle as Kamloops fans (many who have a tournament ticket package) have been forthright sharing their dislike for Seattle.
If you can win again tonight, without the 3 goal deficit, my heart would appreciate it.

Bra waving Petes fan

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
and there goes Seattle's best shot at it too. Team isn't going to be nearly this stacked and good next season.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
and there goes Seattle's best shot at it too. Team isn't going to be nearly this stacked and good next season.
I am disappointed the Peterborough Petes did not win the Memorial Cup but if they couldn’t win it I am glad Quebec did and the Memorial Cup is staying in Canada.

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I am disappointed the Peterborough Petes did not win the Memorial Cup but if they couldn’t win it I am glad Quebec did and the Memorial Cup is staying in Canada.
Even if by some weird chance a team had one more American than Canadian on their team, which no one has, why would it matter? Was Avery Hayes not an important part of your title run?

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
They didn’t win but they were the only team in the tournament to beat Quebec. Same thing happened in 2006.

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2