Player Discussion: Yanni Gourde

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I own gourde, paquette, conacher, brown and mckegg on my keeper fantasy Team. A league that can carry 50 contracts and 90 skaters.

Which of these guys do you think will be full time NHLers next season.

My assumption is paquette, gourde, and brown.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Gourde is the only one I would bet on. Paquette will get a job somewhere if not here. Brown I'm not so sure.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
A bottom 6 that I think could do very well would be:

Gourde-Point-Callahan

Bournival-Paquette-Dumont

The third line you can tweak with but that 4th line is so good, it was extremely effective. Speed, energy, and i think we can see 10-20 points if they stay healthy all year and our offense plays to its potential.

That 4th line will have less than 30 points combined in a full season, it'll be terrible offensively. If we're pushing for 4 scoring lines and using those guys were in trouble. Huge downgrade from Boyle who outscored the 3 of them combined this season

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
That 4th line will have less than 30 points combined in a full season, it'll be terrible offensively. If we're pushing for 4 scoring lines and using those guys were in trouble. Huge downgrade from Boyle who outscored the 3 of them combined this season

Agreed. If our 4th line isn't going to score a decent amount, it at least needs speed for days.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
I own gourde, paquette, conacher, brown and mckegg on my keeper fantasy Team. A league that can carry 50 contracts and 90 skaters.

Your assumption is correct.

I'd say Conacher might have a chance though, he had a great year in Syracuse and played well while he was called up. He might get a look.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'd rather see a line-up like this:

Drouin-Stamkos-Erne (Kinda wanna see how he does here)
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Killorn-Point-Gourde
?-?-Callahan

Need to get some speed and scoring on that 4th line. If Erne doesn't work out then you could swap him and Killorn/Callahan. Top 9 can be tinkered with a bit. Just don't know what to put in for those ? yet.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'd rather see a line-up like this:

Drouin-Stamkos-Erne (Kinda wanna see how he does here)
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Killorn-Point-Gourde
?-?-Callahan

Need to get some speed and scoring on that 4th line. If Erne doesn't work out then you could swap him and Killorn/Callahan. Top 9 can be tinkered with a bit. Just don't know what to put in for those ? yet.

Drouin-Stamkos-Point
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Erne-Namestnikov-Gourde
?-Dumont-Callahan

(Protect Vlad over Killer for cap reasons)

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Drouin-Stamkos-Point
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Erne-Namestnikov-Gourde
?-Dumont-Callahan

(Protect Vlad over Killer for cap reasons)

That's the thing though. I'd rather have strength down the middle. Keep Stamkos/Johnson/Point and be able to roll 3 strong scoring lines. Keeping Namestnikov hurts our ability to do that.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't think Point can carry his own line yet but he works well with talent.

Gusev-Stamkos-Drouin
Palat-Point-Kucherov
Erne-Johnson-Gourde
?-?-Callahan

Seriously if we got Gusev... if not we're probably seeing Callahan on the first line with Drouin/Stamkos. Not a fan of keeping Killorn post ED.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Assuming Vegas takes Killorn in the ED, and Johnson get traded for D, I expect the roster to look like:

Palat-Stamkos-Kucherov
Erne-Point-Drouin (Drouin and Erne could swap wings, whatever)
Gourde-Namestnikov-Callahan
FA-Dumont (or Boyle. Hopefully)-Brown'

I think you'll see TB focus on getting a few depth players that can actually score. Not having any secondary scoring at all for a majority of the season really hurt TB this year. If Kucherov/Point weren't on their game, pretty much no one was scoring consistently. Killorn went like 30 games(?) without scoring a goal.

I'd like to see them bring Boyle back in if cost permits and he wants to come back (I believe he does). I'd also like them to pick up a winger somewhere. Either via trade or FA. LW is relatively weak if Killorn goes. Kind of weak with him in the lineup, too.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Assuming Vegas takes Killorn in the ED, and Johnson get traded for D, I expect the roster to look like:

Palat-Stamkos-Kucherov
Erne-Point-Drouin (Drouin and Erne could swap wings, whatever)
Gourde-Namestnikov-Callahan
FA-Dumont (or Boyle. Hopefully)-Brown'

I think you'll see TB focus on getting a few depth players that can actually score. Not having any secondary scoring at all for a majority of the season really hurt TB this year. If Kucherov/Point weren't on their game, pretty much no one was scoring consistently. Killorn went like 30 games(?) without scoring a goal.

I'd like to see them bring Boyle back in if cost permits and he wants to come back (I believe he does). I'd also like them to pick up a winger somewhere. Either via trade or FA. LW is relatively weak if Killorn goes. Kind of weak with him in the lineup, too.

With that lineup you proposed, it doesn't look like we're getting any secondary scoring either.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He's not. He's the complimentary piece on a line, not the driver. Not sure who we could put on his wing that would make Vlad useful.

He's good at getting the puck out of the defensive zone into the offensive, once there he doesn't do much with it. Putting a pure shooter with him won't help because he doesn't have the vision to find them. Putting some net crashes and cycle guys and they could generate some dirty goes or deflections. Erne and Callahan are those types.

Erne - Namestnikov - Callahan

Has the ability to score some off the rush but mostly a heavy forecheck that leads to extended time where they can get some pressure on net, bang in a rebound, get the forwards to drop and leave the points open for shots they redirect or clean up. If we protect Killorn and Namestnikov goes you can plug Gourde there and it's more dangerous on the rush but with similar dirty goal abilities.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

You must have an awful team...

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
So you would weaken our bottom 6 to put a center on the wing in the top 6?

I think a

Drouin-Stamkos-Point
Triplets

or

Drouin-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Point

top-6 is awesome, but I could see putting one of our small centers on the third line.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
I think a

Drouin-Stamkos-Point
Triplets

or

Drouin-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Point

top-6 is awesome, but I could see putting one of our small centers on the third line.

Why do you want point on the wing so bad? Let him develop at center so we dont pull a namestnikov with the kid. Let him play his position at 3c, and lets actually roll with some center depth.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why do you want point on the wing so bad? Let him develop at center so we dont pull a namestnikov with the kid. Let him play his position at 3c, and lets actually roll with some center depth.

Putting Point in the top 6 is the opposite of Namestnikov. Namestnikov was never given an extended look in the top 6 and was bounced all over the bottom 6. He was asked to play a more defensive, checking line role and be the nerve front presence on the PP. By doing that we molded him into a defense first center, his offense never fully developed.

You don't want that with Point, putting hmm with Callahan and Erne isn't a 3rd scoring line and will hurt his offense development. Let him keep learning the pro game and how to be a top 6 forward. There's going to be plenty of opportunity to get time at center next year as well with injuries throughout the year. If they put him at 2C to start then sure, since it will be with players who he'll benefit more from playing with.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Putting Point in the top 6 is the opposite of Namestnikov. Namestnikov was never given an extended look in the top 6 and was bounced all over the bottom 6. He was asked to play a more defensive, checking line role and be the nerve front presence on the PP. By doing that we molded him into a defense first center, his offense never fully developed.

You don't want that with Point, putting hmm with Callahan and Erne isn't a 3rd scoring line and will hurt his offense development. Let him keep learning the pro game and how to be a top 6 forward. There's going to be plenty of opportunity to get time at center next year as well with injuries throughout the year. If they put him at 2C to start then sure, since it will be with players who he'll benefit more from playing with.
I think you posted this common sense post under the wrong username. Log out Hose. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad