Rumor: Yandle/Yakupov

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
No jousting at windmills here. I was browsing hockey buzz and read it. Can't believe everything you read though and hope management is not tilting at Yakupov unless they can get him for a rock bottom price.

Forget everything... you can't believe anything you read on Hockeybuzz. It's a tabloid.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
I haven't seen anyone here talking as if they think a deal is going to go down because of a report from two of the more disreputable sources around. What I've seen is people taking those reports and using them to have a conversation during a few off days. I have no idea why some people seem to have a problem with that.

Last edited:

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I haven't seen anyone here talking as if they think a deal is going to go down because of a report from two of the ore disreputable sources around. What I've seen is people taking those reports and using them to have a conversation during a few off days. I have no idea why some people seem to have a problem with that.

We are Isles fans. If people aren't complaining about something, **** just doesn't feel right.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
The only logical trades I see happening would be done to alleviate the gridlock at forward and get a bonafide #1LW to guarantee 3 lines that can score.

Currently, we're just about running 1 1st line, 2nd line and a more inexperienced 2nd line (kid line) that still does it's work, depending on how the lines are set at that particular minute. My question would be if with a healthy Bailey and Grabner could we trust Cappy to set things up and roll 4 lines that can perform proper and help the goal differential. Are we better off with opponents doing so-so at shutting down the first line so Nelson/Grabovski/Nielsen on the 2nd and 3rd et alii can feast on opposition easier, or is it wise to go 'over the top' now?

Someone mentioned Andrew Ladd......he's one guy I'd include Lee in a package for, though Winnipeg wouldn't. It may just be better to stay the course and avoid trades until every weak link not named Conacher reveals themselves. (I'd love it if Conacher could make it to Bridgeport, though.)

Had a year in Bridgeport not chaffed Princess Nino's sensitive mouth enough for a tantrum, we still need a "C. Lemieux/Shanahan" next to JT, IMO. A meaner presence. It could be Lee. I can't think of anyone in the league available within trade range who fits the bill.

I think it'll be roulette until the trade deadline, if anything.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
It'd have to be a steal if Snow were to pull the trigger on Yakupov. Underacheiver in the last year of his contract....I think I'll hold on to my assets.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It'd have to be a steal if Snow were to pull the trigger on Yakupov. Underacheiver in the last year of his contract....I think I'll hold on to my assets.

Very funny to read the Oiler fan posts on this youngster. They.expect a big return, as if his development's had no bumps, gone well. I would rather have the isles stick with their own young forwards, then overpay for Nail.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
With Bailey and Grabner coming back, somthings gotta give...are we really prepared to play Grabner or Bailey on the 4th line? and are they prepared to except those roles?

I would love for Snow to trade for a legit 1st line LW for Johnny and Kyle

Dont know if TOR would do it, but what about somthing around Strome and JVR?

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
With Bailey and Grabner coming back, somthings gotta give...are we really prepared to play Grabner or Bailey on the 4th line? and are they prepared to except those roles?

I would love for Snow to trade for a legit 1st line LW for Johnny and Kyle

Dont know if TOR would do it, but what about somthing around Strome and JVR?

I love JVR but I would stay away from dealing our young talent at this point. Especially Strome, Nelson, Lee, Ho Sang, and Dal Colle. We just need the team to grow together offensively and let the pieces fall in place.

We could use a bottom six gritty player though.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Very funny to read the Oiler fan posts on this youngster. They.expect a big return, as if his development's had no bumps, gone well. I would rather have the isles stick with their own young forwards, then overpay for Nail.

They sound eerily similar to many of us when defending the Swiss Miss' trade value before he was finally dealt.

Stay away from Yakupov, the potential reward does not outweigh the risks IMO. I'm interested to see what happens after this season and his future with the Oilers. Larionov can't be happy with what's happened/going on in Edmonton during Yakupov's ELC. Despite all the high draft picks, the Oilers are an even bigger tire fire than we ever were... I'm interested in grabbing the popcorn and seeing what transpires.

Stay away!!!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
They sound eerily similar to many of us when defending the Swiss Miss' trade value before he was finally dealt.

Stay away from Yakupov, the potential reward does not outweigh the risks IMO. I'm interested to see what happens after this season and his future with the Oilers. Larionov can't be happy with what's happened/going on in Edmonton during Yakupov's ELC. Despite all the high draft picks, the Oilers are an even bigger tire fire than we ever were... I'm interested in grabbing the popcorn and seeing what transpires.

Stay away!!!

could be a Nino like situation.

Id Trade Donovan+Sudstrom for him...

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008

Pull up the pre-Filatov offers and HF expectations.

Golden threads.

Sometimes, history repeats itself.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

I was in there. Many Oiler fans are convinced he is at league MVP levels. In fairness I have not watched many Oiler periods this year so they have every right to scoff when they have seen the guy play many more minutes than we have, but really with Nail's game it is very hard to imagine that the points wouldn't be flowing if he was really in the groove like they say he is.

I thought about cutting and pasting some of their comments in here because some are just ripe and delicious. But then I remembered we tend to get a little over enchanted with our own prospects and thought better of it. Here's a link though. Bring a parachute...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1756457&page=22

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I was in there. Many Oiler fans are convinced he is at league MVP levels. In fairness I have not watched many Oiler periods this year so they have every right to scoff when they have seen the guy play many more minutes than we have, but really with Nail's game it is very hard to imagine that the points wouldn't be flowing if he was really in the groove like they say he is.

I thought about cutting and pasting some of their comments in here because some are just ripe and delicious. But then I remembered we tend to get a little over enchanted with our own prospects and thought better of it. Here's a link though. Bring a parachute...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1756457&page=22

Kind of amusing to read their threads, their hypocritical comments :."Nail is very young. There is plenty of time for him to develop I to a star"..." Griffin Reinhart is very overrated"
I love how they don't even seem to grasp their double standard, when discussing their own youngster and other teams youngsters:laugh:

scott99

May 13, 2005
Don't know if this is a topic worthy of it's own thread, but I read a tweet where Eklund is now saying there might be a trade between Winnipeg and the Isles for Evander Kane, he is giving it an E4. I'd assume someone like Lee or Strome would have to be one of the key prospects going back.Then Bailey or Grabner, as well as a top dman prospect as well. That would be my guess as to what would possibly get the highly doubtful trade done. I think Friedman was the one who tweeted it.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Don't know if this is a topic worthy of it's own thread, but I read a tweet where Eklund is now saying there might be a trade between Winnipeg and the Isles for Evander Kane, he is giving it an E4. I'd assume someone like Lee or Strome would have to be one of the key prospects going back.Then Bailey or Grabner, as well as a top dman prospect as well. That would be my guess as to what would possibly get the highly doubtful trade done. I think Friedman was the one who tweeted it.

I have honestly quit counting the number of E. Kane to LI Eklund rumors and the number of Bogo to LI Eklund rumors. Too many published rumors that have led nowhere over the past 2-3 seasons

A source like Friedman picking up the Eklund rumor, does not make it credible.3-4 days ago it was Yandle to LI and Nail to LI.. Now it's E. Kane to LI?

Sorge Georos

Apr 28, 2009
LI

Yuck. I think Strome on his ELC is more valuable to this team than Kane anyway. Adding Bailey/Grabs and a prospect on top of that? All we're doing is making the 1st line better at the expense of the Kid Line (and losing depth in the process).

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Yuck. I think Strome on his ELC is more valuable to this team than Kane anyway. Adding Bailey/Grabs and a prospect on top of that? All we're doing is making the 1st line better at the expense of the Kid Line (and losing depth in the process).

Kane's one big season was in 2011-2012.
He's got 3 pts in 8 games this season.
Would it be a shock if each of Nelson/Strome/ Lee outscores Kane this season?

Sorge Georos

Apr 28, 2009
LI
Kane's one big season was in 2011-2012.
He's got 3 pts in 8 games this season.
Would it be a shock if each of Nelson/Strome/ Lee outscores Kane this season?

Strome will be a better all-around player than Evander Kane, and it won't take very long. Hits aren't everything!

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Agreed

Sounds like Eklund is trolling again.

I would not trade Strome/Nelson/Lee for him.

I'm sure they are asking for MDC + Reinhart/Pulock, Which I wouldn't trade any of those guys for him.

He scored 30 goals ONCE and has character issues.

Pass.

Put Bailey up on the first line when he comes back and see what he can do.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I would not trade Strome/Nelson/Lee for him.

I'm sure they are asking for MDC + Reinhart/Pulock, Which I wouldn't trade any of those guys for him.

He scored 30 goals ONCE and has character issues.

Pass.

Put Bailey up on the first line when he comes back and see what he can do.

My biggest concern would not even be character issues. Jet fans have complained for a while about Kane's stalled development, his lack of offensive creativity..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad