GDT: XXXIX| "The pre-Stretch" | Oilers@Lumbus | 5PM | etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
That, my friends, is a damn good hockey team.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Well deserved loss, guys didn't want it at all, did not deserve a single point for that effort.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
We had one line going for most of the game, until the lines were changed up. One line won't win you many games. Maybe scratch Eberle and Pouliot for a game or three. And if we win those games, keep them scratched.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Oilers just played like they expected to lose, didn't even show up, probably the worst game they've collectively played as a group this year.

Nice to see a packed house in Columbus, hopefully that fanbase keeps it up after the streak is broken. Their team is playing some inspired hockey lately and it deserves appreciation, even though they weren't great today, they capitalized when it counted.

Sep 26, 2016
We are so lucky to have McDavid but that doesn't make him immune from criticism. We all know he can be way better than this. He needs to snap out of it.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
This is the worst stretch of hockey by Mcdavid I've ever seen. How you go from creating multiple grade A chances a game to ****ing ziltch is largely on Mclellans head.

Are you serious? lol So you put no blame on Mcdavid? he has been horrible, and not skating and creating and chances and looks lazy out there. Okay i think it time to stop blaming the linemates and coach for Mcdavid sucking for over 10 games. Connor needs to figure it out in his own head and show some desire and fighting spirit, He has sucked and it has been 85 percent his fault.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We had one line going for most of the game, until the lines were changed up. One line won't win you many games. Maybe scratch Eberle and Pouliot for a game or three. And if we win those games, keep them scratched.

We've only had one line going for most of the year. Draisaitl picked it up in late December, but we never have two scoring lines going at the same time.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Torts was matching the 4th line against the Eberle line in the third and Gagner clowned him like 3 times. Depressing.

Still can't help but laugh when you see Gagner fall over for no reason like 5 times, though.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Are you serious? lol So you put no blame on Mcdavid? he has been horrible, and not skating and creating and chances and looks lazy out there. Okay i think it time to stop blaming the linemates and coach for Mcdavid sucking for over 10 games. Connor needs to figure it out in his own head and show some desire and fighting spirit, He has sucked and it has been 85 percent his fault.

I'm almost afraid to say, but games like this show why quite a few (outside of Edmonton) thought he's too young to be captain.

...and also big games were supposed to be why we went out and paid 42 million for Lucic...wasn't he supposed to provide a winning mentality and leadership? disappointed.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Or we could just continue burying our heads in the sand and act like scoring 1 goal in the past 20 games is good.

Those who defend Eberle at every turn are far more annoying than those who point out that he isn't a very good player.

No doubt. I'm a fan of Ebs but he isn't free of criticisms either. Especially when he's been on Connor's wing for awhile and his production shows that? Be better, Ebs.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
because his linemates can't bury his dishes for a goal. Eberle's a prime example of it. Wth happened to him?
Just assuming you've been watching during your, uhhh, absence. I'm sure we can agree that Eberle hasn't been good enough.
Before the season started I said he'd have to flirt with eighty points in order to get credit for a good season.
The fact that he's on the way to a fifty-sixty point season is very disappointing.
But a handful of disgruntled Yak fans have taken it upon themselves to post pretty much nothing but 'Eberle sucks' all night, every night, in every thread available to them.
Its tiresome and mostly inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad