GDT: XXXIX| "The pre-Stretch" | Oilers@Lumbus | 5PM | etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
frank-costanza.png

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Jackets are gonna have their streak stopped tonight by KO via head kick à la Holm vs Rousey. Time for the pretenders to be put away.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
McDavid really needs to go off and have himself a dominant stretch this month.

It's getting insufferable listening to Leafs fans proclaim Matthews is = to McDavid with a decent chance of actually being the better player.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
The Oilers need to be good and angry after that embarrassment against the Canucks on New Year's Eve. I hope they go in to Nationwide and give the Jackets a kicking they'll never forget...

...especially since we received a pretty vicious kicking ourselves the last time we played there. :help:

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I'm genuinely happy for CBJ fans. They have been through some serious **** and we should all know what that is like.

Still hope they let in 10 goals tonight though. ;)

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I remember when the Oilers were in Florida after the Panthers came off some obscene win streak last year. Place was half empty.

Interested to see how many people are dressed up like seats in Columbus during their streak.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Nothing would make me happier than blowing the Blue Jackets out in their own building and sending them on a season ruining spiral after this absurd once in a franchise streak of theirs.

I'll settle for a close win.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
EDM seems to always show up to play against the better teams and slacks against the lesser ones. IE Vancouver, Arizona, Toronto etc. Again, if the Oil bring their work ethic they can compete against anyone. It's a question of what you're going to get sometimes. Be really great to have them snap CJB's streak, but it'll be a tough one.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Are those posted somewhere? I know they called Lander up, I'm curious if he plays tonight.

Not sure how up to date this is but Lander isn't penciled in according to NHL.com

Maroon-McDavid-Eberle

Lucic-RNH-Draisaitl

Pouliot-Caggiula-Puljujärvi

Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson

Sekera-Russell

Davidson-Benning

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I'm genuinely happy for CBJ fans. They have been through some serious **** and we should all know what that is like.

Still hope they let in 10 goals tonight though. ;)

Agreed. If there's a team and group of fans that deserve this it's them. Too bad they have that meathead coach but not everything can be perfect.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I forgot Davidson is their POHO. Is he the best POHO ever? Guy has turned around 2 franchises now rebuilding the org culture right from the top down. He's like the anti-Lowe. Bet if he shook Lowe's hand they would both vanish, and possibly blow up the planet.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I remember when the Oilers were in Florida after the Panthers came off some obscene win streak last year. Place was half empty.

Interested to see how many people are dressed up like seats in Columbus during their streak.

listening to the Dregor show, sounds like this game will have a good buzz around it. The Jackets are expecting a playoff atmosphere from the crowd tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad