Quarterfinals - Feb 19th
Semifinals - Feb 21st - NBCSN

Gold Medal Game - Feb 23rd - 6:00 AM - NBC

Last edited by a moderator:

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=678195

NEW YORK/TORONTO -- The National Hockey League Players' Association (NHLPA) and the National Hockey League (NHL) announced today that an agreement has been reached with the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) and the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to secure participation of NHL players in the upcoming 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.

NHL players will be available to the 12 participating IIHF Member National Associations for the men's Olympic ice hockey tournament (February 12-23, 2014). This will mark the fifth consecutive time dating back to Nagano 1998 that NHL players have participated in the Olympics. More than 120 NHL players are expected to compete for their respective nations in Sochi.

"The National Hockey League features the most international player population in professional sports, and our outstanding athletes take tremendous pride in representing their homelands on the global stage," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. "The decision to participate in the XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi was in many ways a difficult one, but one that we know will be well received by our Players and, most importantly, by the vast majority of our fans and sports fans everywhere."

Arpi3080

Everybody be cool!
Aug 12, 2011
Which Stars-Player has a real chance to be in the roster for his national team?

Benn/Seguin? Doubtful
Lehtonen? Probably

And that's it... Eriksson was the only safe pick every year for WC or Olympic games.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Which Stars-Player has a real chance to be in the roster for his national team?

Benn/Seguin? Doubtful
Lehtonen? Probably

And that's it... Eriksson was the only safe pick every year for WC or Olympic games.

Gonchar for Russia probably

Pohlow

Mar 26, 2012
Frisco, Tx
Goligoski has a chance for USA

If Benn plays at a slightly above PPG pace, he has a good shot for Canada.

I hope Lehtonen doesn't make it. I want him to get a 2 week rest so he comes back sharp for the second part of the season.

Nichushkin can make Russia if he plays at a PPG pace, too.

AK87

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
Do as you wanna
Dillon maybe? Look how well and how many minutes he played at the WC, I'm sure the coaches who pick the teams' players will take that into affect.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I think Benn makes it for Canada, probably on a 3rd line role. Lehtonen makes it for Finland (Rask-Rinne-Kari), but won't get in any games. Goose, despite the narrative, definitely has a shot as a 6-7 D on USA(name 6 better american defenseman more suited for international ice). Gonchar makes Russia easy.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I think Benn makes it for Canada, probably on a 3rd line role. Lehtonen makes it for Finland (Rask-Rinne-Kari), but won't get in any games. Goose, despite the narrative, definitely has a shot as a 6-7 D on USA(name 6 better american defenseman more suited for international ice). Gonchar makes Russia easy.

I can't name 6, but I would assume Goose makes it.

MetalGodAOD*

Goligoski not invited to Competition Camp. Very surprised on that, I didn't think he'd make the team but he's better than guys like Gardnier and Faulk.

Primetimey*

Goligoski not invited to Competition Camp. Very surprised on that, I didn't think he'd make the team but he's better than guys like Gardnier and Faulk.

Seth Jones, Trouba.. and Gogo can't get an invite?

Ladd, Kunitz, Marchand.. and Benn can't get an invite?

What kind of joke is this?

MetalGodAOD*

I don't think the Benn thing is a stretch. All those guys have a lot more big game playoff experience than Benn, and produce similar/more.

Benn being left off really isn't a shocker.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Seth Jones, Trouba.. and Gogo can't get an invite?

Ladd, Kunitz, Marchand.. and Benn can't get an invite?

What kind of joke is this?
There isn't a good spot for Benn. He won't make the team as a center, and the wingers they picked all have had better success in recent seasons. Ladd had a great season, Marchand has shown himself to be a solid playoff contributor, and Kunitz was able to generate a lot of Crosbys this year.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
There isn't a good spot for Benn. He won't make the team as a center, and the wingers they picked all have had better success in recent seasons. Ladd had a great season, Marchand has shown himself to be a solid playoff contributor, and Kunitz was able to generate a lot of Crosbys this year.

That's (Crosby, )'s.

In reality this is good for us.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Benn and Seguin not on invite roster:

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Team-Canada/Men/National/2013-14/Orientation-Camp/Roster

Honestly I'm not all that surprised. Benn had a down year last season.

If Benn played with Crosby he'd be on that list. That's how Kunitz got on. Marchand playing with Bergeron got him on that list.

Benn is good enough to make that list, and he'll probably make the team. This doesn't mean he can't make the team. Look at Team Canada World Junior Camps as an example.

RZStars

Jul 10, 2013
If Benn played with Crosby he'd be on that list. That's how Kunitz got on. Marchand playing with Bergeron got him on that list.

Benn is good enough to make that list, and he'll probably make the team. This doesn't mean he can't make the team. Look at Team Canada World Junior Camps as an example.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I read somewhere where Bergeron is the only player to make team Canada after not being invited to the camp. Ok found it, was only player that wasnt invited to 2010 camp to make the team.

Last edited:

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW

Sometimes I question Hockey Canada's decision making for these camps. Ryan Rupert for the WJ camp :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad