GDT: XXII |Insert Pithy Remark Here| Oilers @ Coyotes | 7:00 PM | SNOIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Surprised that Slepyshev is coming out, I thought he'd played well, not as surprised about Hendricks, still needs some time to get back up to Speed.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I very much dislike Arizona. I don't like their gm much either, built the team too young. Domi is a dirty player. Smith is a cry baby. They should just move to Quebec already.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Pouliot and Letestu drawing back in is the right move IMO.

Letestu probably never should have been out and Pouliot deserves a shot at redemption.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Well, Pouliot Sr. and Letestu Sr. didn't come on this trip to not watch their sons.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Gotta think we break Arizona's undefeated in regulation streak vs. us at some point, right? All my vCash on it.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Looking at the lines, that's perfect spot for Pouliot, because if he brings the garbage he has brought to the table so far, he's easily replaced by Kassian or Pitlick.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
They were winning and they still sub in lesser players?

Gross. This smells like an L.

K but.... Letestu and Pouliot are both better players than either Hendricks or Slepyshev... And not by an insignificant amount.

The best lineup an Oilers could dress features both of these guys.

Pouliot has played poorly to start the year, but he's a streaky player who will get going at some point. When he's playing his best he's easily one of the best 4 or 5 wingers on the team. He's had back to back 35 point seasons here(wont even mention pace) which is nothing to sneeze at in the NHL anymore. He'll pick it up, but needs to be given the opportunity.

Grey Poupon*

Cashmere Thoughts
Nov 25, 2016
Charlestown, MA
Lines at Arizona:
Lucic-McDavid-Puljujarvi,
Maroon-RNH-Eberle,
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Caggiula,
Kassian-Letestu-Pitlick.

Same D.

Via twitter

It's maddening how little care Todd MacLellan has for handedness. That bottom six is a mess. It should be:

Caggiula Drasaitl Kassian
Pouliot Letestu Pitlick

Why put 3 lefties and 3 righties together? Then complain about the lack of chemistry after the game?

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
He'll come out motivated and trying to do too much and take an offensive zone penalty

Last time he sat for taking bad penalties he came back and scored

...and then took a high sticking penalty right after :laugh:

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Time to start our own winning streak against the Yotes. Should be a good one tonight.

FYI. The start time in OP is incorrect. Games starts at 7PM MT, not 8.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
Happy Pouliot is back in the lineup but his response to the benching better be in the right direction or else he can find himself back in the press box.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Any word on who is starting tonight? I'm thinking Gustavsson sees the Coyotes at least once in this back to back, but you also don't want to mess with a winning streak either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad