XI. Little General Stars Talk of Horrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Anyone bought a jersey from hockeymonkey? They've got a Black Friday sale going on and with full authentic stitching you can get a custom jersey for $112 and free shipping. How good is the quality of the customization? Because I'm about to pull the trigger on a Klingberg Victory Green.

I have, picked up a early Stars Reebok roadie, with the old Logo, but I didn't get it customized through them, I had it done here in the metroplex

Customer service was pretty helpful with questions, I would make sure each letter is being put on separate (seen quite a few with Name Plates at the AAC) and not glue or heat pressed on before stitching. If just stitched on you can always get it fixed if it is messed up.

Last edited:

maltrophstitan

Oct 7, 2011
Anyone bought a jersey from hockeymonkey? They've got a Black Friday sale going on and with full authentic stitching you can get a custom jersey for $112 and free shipping. How good is the quality of the customization? Because I'm about to pull the trigger on a Klingberg Victory Green.

can you link it i cant seem to find one with the stitching option
pro style tackle twill?

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Jersey Link

Yeah choose the Pro-Style Tackle Twill, so it matches the color of the stitching.

I'm assuming the Pro-Style means they do it exactly how the pros do. Individual stitching, no heat press involved. Any reason to think otherwise?

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
It'll be interesting in the offseason to see how some Bruin fans explain how their system doesn't fit a Rocket Richard winner.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It's going to be a depressing debate when the Bruins make the playoffs without Seguin and the Stars miss the playoffs with him.

Keep in mind I think the Stars won the trade and added the best player on the team and the most talented offensive player in franchise history, but talking about it will be aggravating when the Stars pack up their stuff in early April.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
It's going to be a depressing debate when the Bruins make the playoffs without Seguin and the Stars miss the playoffs with him.

Keep in mind I think the Stars won the trade and added the best player on the team and the most talented offensive player in franchise history, but talking about it will be aggravating when the Stars pack up their stuff in early April.

Yeah yeah yeah... We don't talk about that...

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Hobey Baker award winner
NCAA Champion
Olympic gold medalist
Stanley Cup Champion
2nd on Stars all-time scoring list (867)
Wayne Gretzky Beater-Upper

Happy 55th birthday to this cat

Neal Lamoy Broten

10710567_10152863371447445_1934523748227530881_n.jpg

Last edited:

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
This should be interesting... Dat blue logo tho

Jason Walsh ‏@Jwalsh25

Want to see how #VictoryGreen came to be? Watch tonight during the 2nd intermission.

B3o2jSOIMAEdBwR.jpg

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Seeing those other Logo choices really helps you appreciate the one they chose, funny it was apparently the one Reebok submitted to the team. As far as all the different color schemes they showed... I'm so glad they went with silver over gold and green instead of blue. I will say, I did kind of like the Montreal inspired one, wonder what it would look like as a black jersey with a green stripe?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
That was an interesting clip. If they post it, I will watch again.

Agree that this green with gold instead of silver also worked, and would have been a bit more traditional. The Blue was attractive, but it was interesting that even the NHL wanted them to stay green, and be unique. Could have seen the star within the state of TX as the logo in the same color scheme. I also thought it was interesting (and they are correct) that the green really pops on TV. No mention of an earlier statement that Mo was really strong in keeping them in green.

Lastly, I hope Razor gets his way with at least the third jerseys, and they do some kind of red, white, blue TX flag thingy. Would be appropriate and IMHO sell the bejusus out any other similar green option. Which, of course, is the key design criteria for NHL sweaters.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
That was an interesting clip. If they post it, I will watch again.

Agree that this green with gold instead of silver also worked, and would have been a bit more traditional. The Blue was attractive, but it was interesting that even the NHL wanted them to stay green, and be unique. Could have seen the star within the state of TX as the logo in the same color scheme. I also thought it was interesting (and they are correct) that the green really pops on TV. No mention of an earlier statement that Mo was really strong in keeping them in green.

Lastly, I hope Razor gets his way with at least the third jerseys, and they do some kind of red, white, blue TX flag thingy. Would be appropriate and IMHO sell the bejusus out any other similar green option. Which, of course, is the key design criteria for NHL sweaters.

I would boycott any game they wore a crappy red/white/blue color scheme in.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I doubt they would miss you! But, understand not everyone has the same opinion, and for some reason, jersey talk does draw lots of heated opinions. Hell, if they were winning, they could come out dressed in cow turds for all I care......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad