OT: [XBOX] NHL 14 GM Connected League - 2013-14 Regular Season! Teams Available!

Alexistheman

Jun 28, 2007
Surrey
Considering the advance is tomorrow people really need to get better about setting their team to CPU. I have COL, WPG, MIN and NYR on my schedule and none are set to CPU and none have been around all day.
Considering you can play CPU's this sim, it doesnt matter.

efly

Aug 28, 2013
Everyone on St. Louis on my trading block. Not interested in draft picks. PM me offers, mainly interested in younger players, however will strongly consider older ones if the trade is right.

Last edited:

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
Considering you can play CPU's this sim, it doesnt matter.
What does this mean? I can't play their CPU because they haven't set it up to let me. The advance is today and it looks like I'll be simming 4 games. I mean, whatever, I'm not a cup contender this year so the inevitable parade of injuries isn't the end of the world but it'd be nice if people had some courtesy in that respect if they're not going to be available.

Also what time today IS the advance?

Zack Kassian

Feb 19, 2012
Vancouver
I keep messaging people to play and i get no replies back when they are online playing the game. I understand if you don't want to play at the time, but at least give me the courtesy and send me a message back.

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
Hey guys, WPG here. I'll be on for the next 3-4 hours. Send me a text to finish our games.

efly

Aug 28, 2013
What do I do if one of my teams (Nashville) I need to play is not being controlled yet? Also still need to play NYR and panthers ill be available for next 3-4 hours so hit me up.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
What do I do if one of my teams (Nashville) I need to play is not being controlled yet?
Well the league has officially started so I don't see why you can't play the games that are on your schedule.

Alexistheman

Jun 28, 2007
Surrey
What does this mean? I can't play their CPU because they haven't set it up to let me. The advance is today and it looks like I'll be simming 4 games. I mean, whatever, I'm not a cup contender this year so the inevitable parade of injuries isn't the end of the world but it'd be nice if people had some courtesy in that respect if they're not going to be available.

Also what time today IS the advance?
It was set like that so that people who couldnt get the game the first day it came out wouldnt start with a team that is 0-5.

Zack Kassian

Feb 19, 2012
Vancouver
It was set like that so that people who couldnt get the game the first day it came out wouldnt start with a team that is 0-5.

how about now? i have a 1 computer team who the person has yet to join. and i still have 3 other ones after that to do with users. i dont really want to sim 4 games.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
TRADES!

To :ducks2
C Vincent Lecavalier
D Matt Konan
G Ray Emery

To :flyers
LW John Mitchell
C Joseph Cramarossa
G Jonas Hiller
------------------

To :hawks
LW Gabriel Landeskogg
C Nathan Mackinnon

To :avs
RW Andrew Shaw
RW Marian Hossa
C Mark McNeil

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
Just of note...

I was playing Washington and scored about 5 seconds into the game and then he instantly quit. He sent me a message saying he "wasnt even playing yet'. Of course, we started again and I happened to lose in O.T.

Now, I'm not a mind reader and I'm not here to try and assume what someone is doing in or around their XBOX when the game starts. Personally, I've never quit a game no matter how badly the circumstance.

I've been playing online for years and I've had several people quit instantly after I scored first within the 1st minute and was awarded nothing. If it was a 5-0 blowout, fine. But goals are hard to come by, and I think most people would be pretty pissed if they lost out on a win or goal because someone quit.

UpGoesRupp

Jul 18, 2008
British Columbia
:stars are happy to announce the signing of Mason Raymond. We hope to use Raymond in a top 6 role. We feel he adds a dimension of speed that is much needed on any NHL club.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
The advance is today and it looks like I'll be simming 4 games. I mean, whatever, I'm not a cup contender this year so the inevitable parade of injuries isn't the end of the world
So, yup, that happened. Injuries in this game are still idiotic. First sim, I've lost Koivu for 25 games and Corey Perry for about half the season. Add that to Lecavalier's 39 games, and that's basically half of the top 6 out of my lineup for months. I'd be pretty pissed right now if I thought I was in a position to win anything this year.

Does anyone know how LTIR works? Because I should at least get some cap relief, no?

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
So, yup, that happened. Injuries in this game are still idiotic. First sim, I've lost Koivu for 25 games and Corey Perry for about half the season. Add that to Lecavalier's 39 games, and that's basically half of the top 6 out of my lineup for months. I'd be pretty pissed right now if I thought I was in a position to win anything this year.

Does anyone know how LTIR works? Because I should at least get some cap relief, no?

I don't think EA incorporated LTIR this year.

But you now can play the CPU, so it'll reduce the amount of injuries for sure.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
What I'm worried about is the bug (and yes, this exists, because EA sucks) that causes you to lose a player if you're over the cap when a schedule advance happens. They don't get sent down, they don't get waived, they just disappear from the game entirely.

It's also obviously total bullsh*t that I have about $16 million of $64 million in cap tied up in 3 players who can't play for me. Not sure what I'm supposed to do there; I guess demote everyone to the AHL and play with a scrub lineup until those guys come off the IR.

Updated Anaheim Trading Block:
Corey Perry (injured for like 35 games or something)
Ryan Getzlaf
Saku Koivu (injured for like 25 games or something)
Teemu Selanne
Sheldon Souray
Francois Beauchemin

Obviously the injured guys will be back well before the playoffs, which is nice if you're likely to make the playoffs.

Last edited:

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Alright, so that Chicago-Pittsburgh trade went down without the Hawks GM's consent, so that means Patrick Kane has to go back to Chicago for Neal, Bennett and Pouliot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: